The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

April Fools for Fragrance

Morning, everyone! I was able to start melting out of a new box today, so I get to play with some different vendors. Always exciting! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I'm starting the day with:

Haley's Heavenly Scents - Crazy Caramel (These are soy and they have cured - they haven't cranked up yet, but I just put them on.)

Tara's Candle Cottage - Pink Fruit Loop Cookies (mmmmm!)

County Line Candles - Prairie Kitchen (Another mmmmm - I smell quite a bit of cherry, but not a fake/medicine-y cherry. I think the bread component must do the trick - I don't care for many cherry scents. This is one of their stronger scents that I have tried.)

I hope everyone has a great Saturday ahead!

Melting Busy Bee's Apple Crisp @ work this morning...great scent! It was a freebie in my palm wax votive order!!

Becky - luv their palm tarts! Please let us know what U think of the palm votives when you burn em? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

The crocus are blooming, the daffodils are up, the grass is getting that beautiful shade of spring green. Yep - spring is here! [smilie=th_snoopy] I'm burning SH's Vanilla Pound Cake and melting FP's Coffee & Cookies - yummm! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Yes, Sweet..Isn't Spring just the greatest? This morning I am squeezing the last scent out of Can-Do Mimi's house. I will be assisting DH on tiling the little bathroom wall today. Have a good one buddies.

Hi wax buddies!

Laurie, that's great news on your DS's surgery! I hope he's truly on the mend now and starting to feel better already. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Maggie, I hope your DN continues to improve - by leaps and bounds! [smilie=th_200912104451]

Michele, may the wedding be absolutely beautiful in every way! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Oh boy, some of my favorite scents hitting the air today. Haley's Coconut Hibiscus in all rooms must be pure heaven, Debra! And Can-Do Mimi's House.... ahhhh, I'm jealous, Katz!

Like Michele, I have a family wedding happening here today. Should be fun! Whew, my life has been in frantic mode lately. But it's a good kind of frantic. [smilie=th_yellow5]

I'm melting Can-Do's Twinkle Toes. It's lovely, I'd reorder, but it's no Mimi's House or Coconut Hibiscus. :lol:

Happy weekend to all!

Gail

Just trying to catch up on posts here ladies (and gents). Laurie, how old is your son? I can understand how you feel about watching them roll him away. My son had his tonsils out in 7th grade and you would have thought he was like 7months old, by the way I was acting. It is scarey no matter how old they are or how minor the surgery is. Hope he is on the mend today and you too. I'm sure he is SO upset about missing more school. Actually, maybe he really is. Its hard to catch up on all the school work.

Sounds like everyone is quite ready for spring. I know I am starting to feel it too. Just hearing the birds in the morning makes me smile. DH is still working for the school and actually liking the guys there. Tomorrow is his 2nd interview for another position he applied for. **Fingers Crossed**............he will get this one. Its right up his alley. But, I have turned it ALL over to "the big guy" and know that basically it will all work out the way its "supposed too".

Today I am melting TiffanyD from CBV and burning a create-a-scent candle from CBV and its called Serendipity, which is a Chocolate Covered Raspberry and Lavender combo. Smells devine up in here today.....LOL

Have a great day everyone. Going to try and come back later on this evening and read back a few days.

[smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Melting Weekend in Maine from Cozy Cottage

It's really strong and great throw, but I can't say it's my favorite scent of all time!

The description sounds great, but I think it is the anise note I'm not caring for.

great-afternoon.gif

Good Afternoon Everyone...

Melting:

Amish Apples from CanDo

Aunt Sarah's Applesauce Cake from CanDo

Apple Cider Bread from Front Porch...from a sweet CF friend! [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Have a good one!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far.

Everyday Whims- Sugar lips in master bedroom - not much throw

Nene's - Fruits of pardise in kitchen/family room- very good scent

Picked up Scentsy Cocoa Clementine at trades days today. Don't think hubby likes this scent! He just came in here and asked what I was burning and the look on his face was not a good one!! LOL!!! [smilie=th_yellow5]

Lynn

Hi everyone. Hope you all are having a great Saturday!

Got my Pure Integrity order late yesterday. [smilie=th_yay] Lit the Pumpkin Pie jar first thing this morning and it started smelling amazing in here rather quickly. I've had to keep babying it, though. It keeps drowning itself out. I've had to remove some melted wax twice already. :unsure: Put some of it in a tealight warmer here at my desk and love the way its throwing. It is THE most unique and best smelling pumpkin pie I have ever tried. LOVE IT! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Also melted Carol's Toffee Maple Buttercream and Pumpkin Zucchini Bread. My house smells fantastic! Good thing I decided to have an "at-home" day today. The wind is blowing like crazy outside. ICK!

I'm ending the day with one from my spring swap box [smilie=th_teks0311] ....Orchid Lake's Fresh Bread & Marmalade. It amazes me when I can smell two different scents in one tart - HOW do they do that?? [smilie=kewl] Smells like a slice of warm bread slathered with a fruit marmalade. Yummm!

Sweet dreams everyone. [smilie=th_goodnight]

Hi everyone!

Busy busy busy day! I just started melting and burning an hour ago.

Maggie - I'm glad to hear things are better for your neice. Having good doctors makes all of the difference in the world.

Mimilu - I used to watch Nancy Grace frequently but all of the commercial breaks drove me nuts. She covers a lot of interesting stories.

Carol's Tarts:

Caramel Sticky Buns

Caramel Toasted Grahams

Candles:

Frosted Cranberry jar - Slatkin/BBW

Autumn Gold tealight - YC

Strawberry Buttercream votive - YC

Drift Away votive during dinner - YC

Winding down with Badedas from CFTKR - I like this one!

and Wishing Well from Scentsy in my bedroom - I LOVE this one!

709a0ac7b8fa3ba569b1905dg7-1.jpg

I gotta change Badedas to LOVE this one too!

(re-running it Sun. morning)

I went to a Spring Craft Fair today and there was only one candle vendor and also one tart vendor. I was really surprised there was only one candle vendor. I don't think the show limited it as there were multiple soap, wreath, table runners, American Girl clothing type vendors, in some cases 3 or 4 of each.

I bought a dozen tarts from the tart vendor and am melting her Apple Orchard and her Blueberry Pie. Both are great. Too bad she doesn't have a website, she said she only does local church craft fairs. I asked her how business was and she said that thanks to Scentsy, her sales have really increased this last year, people know what tarts are now.

Laurie, those are both my kind of scents! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

I am envious of the 90 degrees - I have been running out between rain showers, trying to get spring lawn clean up done!

Tonight is Tumbleweed - CBV

Good morning Trep!

Jetta forgot Mama didn't have to work today, so here I am.....up bright and early!!! [smilie=th_catkiss]

Melting Scentsy Cocoa Clementine again. Nice, but not a favorite.

Getting ready for a get-together of a group of girls I graduated from HS with in 1973 (oops! Telling on myself!) Can't wait! [smilie=group_hug]

Lynn

Happy Sunday morning, everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Some of my wax adventures (good and bad):

Candles, Gifts & More - Creme Brulee (mmmm, good!)

Haley's Heavenly Scents - Banana Pudding (Good throw and this was delicious), Pink Confetti Frosting (Sweet and yummy, lighter throw).

County Line - Prairie Kitchen (Still on a bag of this - love it!), Apple Mango Tango (This one is very good, super strong. It's not staying contained in its room - definite reorder.), Pumpkin Creme Brulee (Ooooh, this is good! Creme brulee with a bit of spice - another reorder).

Lil' Kitchen Candles - Green Apple Explosion (So strong I had to turn it off, which is very rare for me. I need to use this scent in an open area. It smelled just like a green Jolly Rancher.), Crunch Berries (Very good, great throw. Smelled like the cereal.), Birthday Cake (Didn't smell much at all.)

Perfect Scent - Brown Sugar & Nutmeg (It took a while for this one to get going but loved it once it did. Slightly sweet, slightly nutty. Moderate throw.)

LOL - Home Sweet Home (Very nice cozy scent. More spice than apple, but not too spicy for me. Love it!)

Some of my wax adventures (good and bad):

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your detailed scent reviews!

[smilie=th_teks0311]

How do you get the vendor names to be links?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your detailed scent reviews!

[smilie=th_teks0311]

Thanks, Laurie! To make the vendor names click-able, click on the little chain link with a small green plus (bottom row, 4th icon from the left). If you hover over it, it will say "Insert link." Once you click on that, you can paste in your URL and then type the text that you want us to read. I have learned that you have to have the "http://" part, or the link won't be click-able. HTH!

I asked her how business was and she said that thanks to Scentsy, her sales have really increased this last year, people know what tarts are now.

Ellie - I had a box of tarts at our garage sale several years ago and was disappointed to find out that most of the people that came had no idea what they were. :huh: They were familiar with candles, but not tarts. We gotta get the word out there how good they are! [smilie=th_shout]

Laurie - thanks for asking that question, and Cyn, thanks for the answer. [smilie=th_slider_hi5] I didn't know how that was done, either. [smilie=kewl]

Michele & Puppy - hope your family weddings this weekend were fun and had more laughter than tears! [smilie=th_a056]

This foggy morning I'm melting SH's Philly Butter Cake (yet another awesome bakery scent! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] ) and burning Cheryl's Vanilla Pod candle :wub: and an elderly Old Virginia layered votive in County Fair. I'd forgotten I had the OV votives, really liked their layered candles, wish they still made em.

Breakfast in Vermont...................I wish!!! I am melting Breakfast in Vermont from CBV this morning, but wish I was in Vermont for real. So far, I think I smell coffee, some chocolate and then I think like a waffle or pancake scent. I have to say this one is NICE. Each note seems to be balanced out well. However, I just put it on and will report any changes later.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

[smilie=th_blij51] Good Morning All!

Maurie...while your having Breakfast in Vermont, I'm spending the Weekend in Maine...LOL

Melting:

Weekend in Maine from Cozy Cottage..interested to see what happens with this one...it smells great cold

Splinters & Rags from Busy Bee....a gift from a CF buddy... [smilie=thank_you] ...this one knocks my socks off..so UNIQUE!

Have a lovely Sunday!

eta: My neice is home from the hospital! [smilie=th_blij40] Thanks for all your kindness everyone!!!