The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

April Fools for Fragrance

Hi everyone. Today I'm burning: Lavender votive by Woodwick. Going to my first drive in movie this evening with my boyfriend. Have a great day.

Recent melts:

Kim's - Black Cherry, Strawberry Cheesecake

BG - Raspberry Marmalade Cookie

Lunableu - The Raven

FP - Bodacious Blackberry

YC - Bahama Breeze, Coconut Bay, Orange Dreamsicle

BH&G - Line-dried Linen

Currently burning Mainstays - Garden Rain

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good morning all! I'm starting the day with yet another remelt of BRH "Pumpkin Pecan Waffles" It has lasted forever - 5 different meltings, each about 4 hours! I think this might be the last melt, because it no longer scents the whole house, just the livingroom.

I'm going to reorder this one, because it is a knock out. The whole family likes it, even me, and I HATE nutty scents. In this tart, the pecan notes blend nicely with a sweet maple bakery scent. The pumpkin is certainly there, but it doesn't steal the show. I don't think I can face next fall without this tart!

The beach was lovely yesterday. Inland they had temps in the high 80's and low 90's, but by the sea we were a bit cooler. There was a fantastic breeze, too. The sunset was gorgeous, as it always is. We came home late - sandy, sleepy, and salty-skinned. I shoved everyone into showers and bed, with no complaints. Spring is so much better for us than the summer - by mid June, the ocean is as warm as a bathtub, and it provides no relief. March through May are my favorite beach months, as well as October through December. The traditional summer months are just oppressively hot, and we spend a lot of time indoors, with the blinds closed and the AC blasting!

I don't think that I could live more than a short drive from the beach. Just couldn't do it! [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Lynn, have a wonderful gathering with your old HS pals! That sounds like so much fun! :D

Sweet, thank you. The wedding was incredible. Not fancy schmancy or stuffy, but gorgeous with a breathtaking vintage theme and, most importantly, truly filled with love and lots and lots of laughter. The bridal couple have had a lot to deal with over the past several years, so the ceremony was a triumph in a lot of ways. The groom was so choked up he could hardly talk and so was the minister! Ahhh, love! [smilie=th_0b464f69745090d9d8a0f

Michele, I hope your sister's wedding was stellar too!

Maggie, how completely wonderful to hear your sweet DN is home from the hospital! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Cookielady, enjoy the drive-in movie! Sounds like a ton of fun! Whatcha going to see?

Since I've hardly been home lately, I'm remelting Can-Do's Twinkle Toes. I also just lit my first Front Porch candles in my two new Orrefors holders I got off Ebay. Scents are Blueberries & Cream and Love Spell, both colored blue and both just divine! [smilie=yes] I'm so happy I get to enjoy these smellies for a bit before heading off for another fun filled day.

Wishing all of you a happy Sunday, whatever your plans might be. [smilie=th_wave]

Gail

This morning it is Village Hibiscus and this afternoon it will be Mainstays Wild Honeysuckle. It is extremely windy and hot here today. I hope no one gets it into their heads to do any brush burning or the entire countryside will go up in flames. These kind of days always make me nervous as usually someone goes nuts and thinks they can burn with all the dead leaves and brush and 40 MPH winds. Sigh....

Gail, that sounds like the perfect wedding!

This morning, I'm melting Hazelnut Latte from Scentsy. Today DH and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary. Wow, how time flies!

Gail, that sounds like the perfect wedding!

Today DH and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary. Wow, how time flies!

[smilie=th_slider_congratulation Michelle!

That's awesome

Happy anniversary, mpfand! What a great accomplishment.

It's a lovely day out here, so DH and I have all the windows open and I am melting LSC Bamboo Sugar Cane. It's AWESOME and PERFECT for today! A "green" type scent, but the sugar aspect keeps it fresh and not perfumey. I feel like it's a light scent but with a good throw, if that makes any sense. (true story -- I just typed "scents" instead of "sense")

[smilie=th_create]

Melting:

Weekend in Maine from Cozy Cottage..interested to see what happens with this one...it smells great cold

Maggie,

I'll be curious to hear your report on this one. I just finished one and it was good and strong, but I wasn't crazy about the scent itself.

I just put on Cactus and Sea Salt from Cozy Cottage

Enjoy your day, Everyone!

Mpfand~ Happy Anniversary!! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Gail~ The wedding you attended sounds lovely!

Cookie~ Enjoy your drive-in...I love those when I can find them...reminds me of when I was little.

Jedda~ Your day sounds wonderful...I could almost feel the sun on my face and the ocean wind in my hair!

Laurie~ I would have to agree with you on Weekend in Maine...it was nice but not a reorder. It is very strong and I think it will last quite a while. I looked at the scent discription and I don't smell a lot of what they say is in it...I know I'm no expert sniffer but I do smell the fresh air and a bit of smokiness. I don't smell the rose, citrus or anise. How bout' you?

My FP Snuggling Under the Stars is still going upstairs..that's about 24 hours...WOW

Happy Anniversary, Mpfand.

We had a full house today, so no scents at all. Everyone's pulled out of the driveway now so I put on Candledippers - Garden of Eden, and County Line - Ocean Breeze Both smell amazing...especially after a day away from scent.

I'm melting two more tarts from the spring craft fair. She calls her company Queen of Tarts, kind of cute! Upstairs I have Vanilla Pear and it is wonderful, more pear than vanilla, and downstairs I have Sunshine which to me is a lemon, tangerine and something else sweet.

A little update on my Walmart BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake tart. Started it in my bedroom in my Scentsy plug-in last night. Just came home from my little get-together and it is still going strong! WOW!!!! I am impressed! [smilie=th_31]

Lynn

Laurie~ I would have to agree with you on Weekend in Maine...it was nice but not a reorder. It is very strong and I think it will last quite a while. I looked at the scent discription and I don't smell a lot of what they say is in it...I know I'm no expert sniffer but I do smell the fresh air and a bit of smokiness. I don't smell the rose, citrus or anise. How bout' you?

I thought maybe it was the anise that was putting me off.

[smilie=th_idontknow]

I agree, it was very strong out the gate, I thought I was gonna like it, but it did not grow on me.

Both smell amazing...especially after a day away from scent.

Jones'n much Jules?

[smilie=th_tease-1]

Jones'n much Jules?

[smilie=th_tease-1]

th_th1ptgno.gifYou got that right. th_f5a39fcb.gif Three times I picked up a melt for a quick huff. What is wrong with me? th_thsecret.gif(don't answer that)

A little update on my Walmart BH&G Wild Berry Cheesecake tart. Started it in my bedroom in my Scentsy plug-in last night. Just came home from my little get-together and it is still going strong! WOW!!!! I am impressed! [smilie=th_31]

Lynn

This is one of my favorites right now, too! One cube scents my entire house, and it lasts forever. I have to remember to get some more while I'm at Walmart tomorrow (along with that Vanilla Cake 3-wick that Trep is loving.)

Tonight I'm melting YC Vanilla Lime. Good, but the throw isn't amazing.

Melting:

CocoMint from SoyBreeze

Asian Pear & Lily by Soy Breeze

The crowd around here is unruly...they're yelling for me to turn off the melters cause they can't breathe....I think that means these little soy melts are strong...

Off to turn one or two off...but not all of them... [smilie=th_talktothehand]

Mpfand - Congratulations! Wishing your and DH many more years of happiness and love.

Tarts:

Caramel Vanilla Toasted Grahams

Candles:

Maple Pancakes jar - YC

Strawberry Buttercream votive - YC

Thank you everyone for the sweet anniversary wishes. We feasted on steak, lobster and shrimp at the Claim Jumper last night and then today started a project in our bathroom. We took down the old wallpaper border and tomorrow we will start painting. We're going from red paint to a nice, neutral taupe. Not the most romantic thing to do on your anniversary, but it's something DH and I have both been wanting to do and we enjoy working on these types of projects together.

Ending the day with Snickerdoodles from LSC.

I'm melting two more tarts from the spring craft fair. She calls her company Queen of Tarts, kind of cute! Upstairs I have Vanilla Pear and it is wonderful, more pear than vanilla, and downstairs I have Sunshine which to me is a lemon, tangerine and something else sweet.

EllieBham, is this the same person?

Congrats, Mpfand! It sounds like you had a beautiful time. And what a neat project to do together!

County Line - Autumn Leaves (great fall scent with a really good throw), Caramel Apples (A custom mix and pretty good - more apple than caramel, though.), Vanilla Caramel (Good but not strong as I remembered. This time I had a clam and when I first tried it, I had a tart cup.)

Perfect Scent - Homespun Sugar (a favorite)

Candles, Gifts & More - Yacht Club (This had a great throw and was a very good ocean scent. Reordered this in bag form tonight.)

LOL - Bikini Babe (eh)

Tara's Candle Cottage - Pink Zucchini Bread (one of her customs - I didn't care for this one. Smelled "dirty" to me.)

Wishing all a good night and an even better Monday morning!