The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Nautilique-I just had the same problem with a Haley's tart like you did. I had it in a 24 watt melter and it only melted halfway. It was very old so maybe that was the problem. They usually melt very quickly for me.

Just got the housework done and now I am starting my Yankee Mountain Lodge candle. I have it under the lamp so should be smelling it here directly. Love the label on this one and I got all the mountain lodge accessories since my house is rustic anyway and they are out so it fits in nicely.

Hope you all are having a nice Saturday. It is melting the rest of the snow here today and I am very glad to see it go. I hate snow and I hate winter so those of you who love it please take my share.

Happy Saturday friends...

Its been a full day for us!! Lots of make up basketball games today, keeping us busy and running!!

Laurie, I know exactly what you are talking about!! This go around has been awesome!! Just got the cups and they are all amazing!! Melting Pink Lavender today...totally yummy!!

Off to another game...have a great night all [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Debra - ouch! Poor dog. I'd hate the vacuum too. [smilie=th_thConfus_55]

Candlelove - that was exactly my pick for my LOL club candle. [smilie=th_clap1]

Laurie - I think FP has changed their wax a couple of times. When I first ordered you could get shapes, then later I think it was only clamshells. I used up the last of those not long ago, and I think they were soy because they were crumbly. I remember having some that had a funky note I couldn't stand but I think that was a scent oil thing since it wasn't present in all the melts. The others were fine.

[smilie=th_a136]

Nygal - I've had that experience with a few LOL scents. Awesome smell... just needed more oomph to it. Comfortably Numb is another one I think needs a boost. :huh:

I've had a lot of stuff going today: I started off with AMS Fruit Loops, which didn't stick around too long so I moved on to a mix of Elvis and Viva La Juicy from CBV. Someone made a create-a-scent from those and named it B*L*I*N*G (Maurie, was that you?), so I tried that out and it's really nice! Now I'm burning my CBV Bella Swan candle. It's so pretty - both in looks and in scent. :wub:

I tried one of the etailers mentioned on here and I am very happy. I ordered 10 tarts and then also ordered a Valentine Box which I've never done before. I will have to review separately but it is so cute. Today, I'm melting Whoopie Bubblegum from the Valentine Box. It has some bubblegum notes but not Bazooka, can't think of which one, and other notes. It's very yummy but not too much. Etailer was Cozy Cottage Scents.

Trep - I wish I could take your snow/winter. My sis isn't a fan of it either. Every time it snows the dear girl calls me. I can just 'see' her scowling at me over the phone. [smilie=th_u51] Fortunately, she can't see me do this ----> [smilie=th_gekkebek] back at her. :lol:

My last melt 'o the day is LOL's Fudged Up Yellow Cake. Mmmmmmm....cake! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I spent waaay too much time at the YC store today. The sale is almost over, and I was so good. (Until today!) I am all set for Christmas next year!

Also, I really, really like the new spring scents. Time to look for coupons!

Tonight is YC - Beautiful Day.

Star...usually I melt 3 Comfortably Numbs in 3 different rooms...that does the trick! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Melting:

Sugar n Spice from Haley's...I thought it was gonna be bakery but it smells like pink sugar...I just looked it up...Pink Sugar & Cinnamon Cookie Dough..YUM!

Also have a candle melting...the wicks just popped right out when I was trimming them...HUH? Nanny's Kitchen from Country Button

Cranberry Peppermint from YC

Leaves and Autumn from B&BW

And I just blew out Country Store from McCalls...it's a cornucopia of scents tonight...

Good evening Everyone,

My melts are winding down, the only one still throwing is

Serenity from Nene's which is in my bedroom (where I'm not - lol)

I didn't feel like re-loading the melters right now, so I lit Night Jasmine from my Morenci candle stash. Man, that thing started throwing IMMEDIATELY, and it's so strong! One of my former houses had a fence covered with Jasmine, and this smell brings me back. It's really too bad the Morenci's are so hard to come by, because they are amazing.

[smilie=th_smilies-2]

Some good and interesting scents going today.

Some melts today:

Gingerbread Maple - LOL. This was OK. It's a discontinued scent.

Bacon & French Toast - also LOL. Hmmmm...very authentic, but don't think I would reorder. It's heavier on the bacon than the maple-y French Toast.

Mulled Cider - Village Candles. Meh.

Angel Kisses - Tara's Candle Cottage. Strong baby powder scent. I'm not smelling the vanilla though.

Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Frosting - Sugar & Spice. Mmmmmm! Not seeing this on the scent list but I want more!

From my new order from Pixiedust Scentsations I loved Kettle Corn (quite strong and buttery, sweet & salty) & Cinnamon Bread Pudding (maybe my Rice Pudding?). Candy Corn...not so much. It had a weird smell to me. Not candy cornish at all.

My candles:

Candied Apple Cupcakes layer of a triple layer candle from LOL. Love this scent!

Finished Citrus Sunburst from Moneypenny Soysations. This one had a fuel like undertone to me.

Starting Sunrise Tangelo from Gold Canyon. I love the look of the Heritage jars.

Orange Chiffon Cake - Eclipse Candle Company. Can't smell a thing.

I hope everyone has had a great Saturday!

I am tart-sorting today and I found a few from Colours and Scents - and the invoice from 2006! I tried them, and can actually still smell something! Not stong, but there is still some scent. Their website shows they still have melts for fifty cents! I may need a little revisit!

China Rain

Whisper

Girl's Night Out

[smilie=th_316785e4] Good Sunday Morning!

Re-Melting: Sugar & Spice from Haleys'...wish I reordered this one!

Melting: Cinnamon Baklava from LSC.... [smilie=th_Drglar]

Sweet Dreams from SSS upstairs

Melting my CBC Nanny's Kitchen candle on a burner.

Gotta change the sheets...ugh.

I didn't feel like re-loading the melters right now, so I lit Night Jasmine from my Morenci candle stash. Man, that thing started throwing IMMEDIATELY, and it's so strong! One of my former houses had a fence covered with Jasmine, and this smell brings me back. It's really too bad the Morenci's are so hard to come by, because they are amazing.

[smilie=th_smilies-2]

Are these the same ones as listed in the Review Board now? I did a search and it looks like they even have some specials that are a good price right now!

Cyn - I have the Bacon & French Toast from LOL but haven't tried it yet. I'd planned on using it in the dogs' room to either make them really happy - or drive them nuts. Not sure how it'll go. I think of it like a novelty scent.

Debra - hee hee!!! That's pretty good for 5 year old tarts.

Last night I melted AMS Chocolate Peppermint and it faded pretty fast, as did the Fruit Loops earlier in the day. I wonder if I need to let them cure longer? It's been a month though...

Today I'm waiting for glue to dry (is my life exciting or what?) and getting ready to melt Hound Dog, which is a mix of CBV Elvis and Fudge Brownie. It's a create-a-scent from another customer of hers, and I have those scent shots so thought I'd give it a go.

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Are these the same ones as listed in the Review Board now? I did a search and it looks like they even have some specials that are a good price right now!

Yup, that's them!

I love, Love, LOVE those. They were my main source of candles for a LONG time (aside from the occasional Yankee purchase)

One of the hygenists at my dentist's office sold them (I had asked about what the great smell in the office was). She sold the spool ones for $12 and now they've gone up to $13. They have 2 wicks and amazing throw. I should go review them on the board (if I'm allowed).

Melting: Cinnamon Baklava from LSC.... [smilie=th_Drglar]

MaggieMae - that's a good one? I just ordered that, prolly shoulda gotten 2, huh? [smilie=th_sign0164]

I was melting CrossCreek's Plumberry Spice. Yowsers...it's good, but strong! :blink: I first got that scent from Cheryl and it was very strong, so wanted to compare it to another vendor. Whoever makes that FO, makes it strong! [smilie=th_th1ptgno] I had to shut er down for a bit, so have changed to FP's Lemon Bread. Mmmmm....luvs me some lemon! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Re run of Serenity by Nene's in my bedroom

Indigo Breeze by Haley's in my living area potpourri pot (Nice!)

Serenity by AromaSoy-Grazia in hallway

Clothesline Fresh by AromaSoy-Grazia in my bathroom

McDreamy by SoyVey-Grazia in one kids' bathroom

Palm Island by SoyVey-Grazia in the other kids' bathroom

[smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20wavin

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

I haven't quite gotten anything lit up or put into my melter yet today, but recent scents have included CBV Sun & Sand (a really good dupe!), Colonial Candle Citrus Plum, and YC Sugarcane and Bamboo.

I finally moved the melter I use upstairs in the main living area (a large open space with a vaulted ceiling) over to a new outlet because I've been having trouble with the scent wafting away in drafts over to certain windows and doorways. It frustrates me to no end when the scent doesn't just fill up the area, but rather seems to travel in a narrow river of air. This way, at least the melter will be further away from the end of the house where the drafts go and I can smell the "scent river".

At the next opportunity on a warm day, I will be armed and dangerous with my caulking gun!

DH and I took a ride to the beach house today to check on everything. So nice and peaceful here. We will go home tomorrow.

I am just relaxing and burning some candles-

AMS Ho Ho Ho-I love this one!

YC Mocha Nut Latte

Home & Garden-Rain

I am also burning assorted pillar candles-so nice!