The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

I cancelled my dinner plans with the girls for tonight. We will try it tomorrow. I hate this weather.

Tonights melts-

CCCC Italian Cream Cake

SSS Vanilla Pound Cake

mpfand~ Love your avatar!

Thank You! ^_^

DH is out of town for the week. [smilie=th_sad-1] It has its advantages, but mostly I just miss him and hope the week goes by quickly. We had another beautiful day here. Sunny and 70, but don't get too jealous. A cool down is on its way. I'm melting Sugar Cookie from Scentsy. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Hi Candlefind Friends!

Thank you for all of the lovely prayers, wishes, and blue candles! I have been away for a couple of days and I have a lot of reading to catch up on. All of your wonderful words touched my heart.

My dad passed away on Saturday, shortly after we left. While my mom, husband, and daughter were out of the room I sat next to him gently rubbing his swollen hand and fingers telling him how much I love him, how thankful I am that he was my dad, and how thankful I am that he was DD's grandpa. I kissed him. I told him that I will take good care of my mom and that all of us, including him will be ok.

My mom put together a beautiful ceremony for him. She chose the perfect burial place. The funeral home was amazing. Everything just came together perfectly. For the past week my godfather kept telling me to "look for a sign from my dad". After a while of listening to him say this I wanted to say, will you stop it already. OMG, I know this sounds totally crazy and if it didn't happen to me I'd think the person writing it had gone off of their rocker. It just made me so happy that I had to share. About 2 months ago my parent's answering machine/voice message thing on their phone went from his voice having a personalized message to the machine's automated voice. That freaked me out and I asked him why he did that. He had no clue what I was talking about. For the following 2 months, it was always the automated message...not once was it ever his voice. Tonight I called my mom to tell her how beautiful today's funeral was and I got his voice message. I was in complete shock. Later on I called her because I still wasn't convinced this was a "sign". I asked her if anyone was playing around with her phone as she's had a lot of guests at the house during the past 2 days. She was like, no...why? I told her. She thought my godfather was nuts too going on and on about a sign. She was shocked. She couldn't believe it when I told her. It just put such a big smile on my face. I felt like he was telling me that he is very happy now. It just gave me such closure. On top of everything going on, DH, DD, and I have has this horrible stomach virus for the past 3 days. Getting to his wake and funeral was a huge acomplishment. My mom was like, it's ok. You guys are very sick. I was like, no way. I am not missing any of this. We all went and it was so beautiful. Sad but so beautiful and I know it's exactly what he'd want. I'm so thankful that such a horrible disease can cause a beautiful celebration of life and love. I never would of imagined that the past 2 days, sad as they have been, would be so amazing and beautiful.

Thank you for letting me share this with all of you. It has been such a relief to be able to talk to others about everything that has been going on for these very difficult months. Thank you for listening to my non-tart talk. It means so very much! I couldn't ask for a better group of candle buddies!

I promise...back to candles and tarts now that my dad is at peace.

[smilie=th_bighug-1] Oh LLVV I am SO sorry for the loss of your dear Father!!! I am so glad that you are finding the signs in his passing and let me tell you...you will probably see many more. As horrible and painful cancer is...there is a blessing in the time that we have to say goodbye and love them while they are here. I am so glad that you got that time. I know you will miss him terribly, but I believe with all my heart that you will see him again!!!

LLVV, your post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing. I'm so sorry for your loss, and at the same time, so glad your dad is free from the pain and at peace.

Hi Candlefind Friends!

Thank you for all of the lovely prayers, wishes, and blue candles! I have been away for a couple of days and I have a lot of reading to catch up on. All of your wonderful words touched my heart.

Dear LLVV,

I was so sorry to hear of your family's struggle and of the loss of your dad.

Your post was so uplifting, and a true testament to the special relationship you had, and of your very wonderful family.

You are amazing and so strong!

Sincerely,

Laurie

LLVV-I am so very sorry on the loss of your dad. It sounds like you spent some real quality time with him these last few months. You and your family went through a very difficult time. I am glad that your Dad is finally at peace.

Thank you for your beautiful post. You sound like a wonderful daughter.

Bless your heart, LL, I am so happy that you all had such a wonderful celebration of life for your father. I also believe in signs - I had some very comforting ones after my parents passed away, and I loved hearing about yours.

Tonight I am melting Scentsy Sizzlin' Coconut.

I just extinguished my sadly failing

Patchouli from Goose Creek

Sunshine Mist from LOL has been melting in my room since late afternoon and no throw at all. I can hardly tell what it smells like if I lean right over it.

Having a bad candle day I guess.

'Nite all!

:(

LLVV, I am so sorry for your family's great loss, and I want to offer my sympathy during this difficult time. After all you have been through in recent months I sure hope you are comforted and can draw great strength from all the wonderful memories of your father and times shared together. God Bless! [smilie=th_huganimal]

I had AMS Winter Garden going earlier today in my melter but my husband had to come upstairs and shut it off. It was running him out of the house, which is surprising considering how he doesn't mind strong fragrances. I will melt it again, but for shorter periods of time until the scent mellows. It smells clean and soapy to me.

Tonight I have YC Clean Cotton going in that new Quick Scent melt. I hadn't realized that everyone was already talking about these and started a new thread under the candle section.

I really like it so far!

I had AMS Winter Garden going earlier today in my melter but my husband had to come upstairs and shut it off. It was running him out of the house, which is surprising considering how he doesn't mind strong fragrances. I will melt it again, but for shorter periods of time until the scent mellows. It smells clean and soapy to me.

Candlefan, I'm melting AMS Winter Garden too, and considering a big bag of it. Love it! Also melting some other winter scents from AMS: Ice Capades, Balsam and Sugared Spruce. Trying to use up a lot of my holiday/winter smells so that they don't sit in the drawer until next year.

LLVV, I am so sorry for your loss. I also love hearing aboutt your signs and hope there are more. Your poor family being sick at this time. Take care of each other and know that we all continue to be here for you :wub:

LLVV, I am sorry for your loss.

I didn't have much time for smellies yesterday. I did melt Birthday Cake (totally cakey and delicious, a reorder), Orange Chiffon Cake (nice but light) and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (didn't smell much) from Pixiedust Scentsations. This morning I put on Fried Apple Dumpling from Kountry Heart Kandles and it smells really good.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

LLVV - I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is very difficult but try to take comfort in knowing you have many people thinking of you.

Just started to burn the last of my Christmas Eve from YC. Its still going strong!

Debbie

Good Morning friends cerealsmil.gif

LLVV, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your dad. Thank you for sharing your experience on such a personal level. I was tearing up as I read your post. May you find comfort in your memories of your father.

I am melting an old favorite from Crosscreek...Celtic Moonspice.

Headed out for a long overdue haircut d137c514db3aa074bba5eea16cc61342.gif

Happy Melting everyone

LLVV, I'm very sorry for your loss. It brought tears to my eyes when you said your Dad sent you a sign. I had signs from my Dad for many years after he passed. Take care of yourself and your family.

Today melting BH& G Spice cake.

LLVV: A perfect tribute to your Dad from a daughter that loved (loves) him very much.. and yes continue to pay attention to the signs, he is still with you, they will be there..Always blessings never loses and prayers to you all.

Good Morning!

Melting Caramel Cookie from Almost Country

CFTKR Apple Pecan Cake,Harvest days and Toffee Pie

LLVV-so sorry to hear of the loss of your father, sending prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

LLVV, that's one of the most beautiful and moving tributes I've ever read. Sending my deepest sympathy for your loss. Your beloved dad lives on and will always be with you.

Well, gosh, in less than a week we've had two credit cards with fraudulent charges. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big] Boy, this is time consuming, and nobody seems to be able to figure out why it happened. Coincidence? [smilie=th_cha69] At least we don't have to pay for the charges. New credit cards, new passwords, and extra special caution are on the agenda.

That's enough in itself, but then my 5 y.o. DGD demolished her elbow and has to go to a special hospital for surgery tomorrow.

Other than that, it's a good day around here! [smilie=th_5337c1ad]

I'm melting Haley's Sugar Plum Spice.

Gail

LLVV I am so very sorry for your loss and I hope you get continued signs from your dad. After my dad passed, my mother used to hear him in the house. Clearing his throat the way he always did. That went on for weeks and I have his old old alarm clock in my china cabinet. My mom gave it to me after he passed and it one night, while watching tv, it started ringing. It is a wind up and no one had set it for years. My daughter still remembers her grandpa and I was concerned she wouldn't because she was so young when he passed but we all keep his memory alive and she seems to remember alot of things about him. You guys are so brave, going to the services with a stomach virus.....glad you are finding some peace.

LLVV, I am very sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathy.

I'm melting Busy Bee - Bay Leaf & Pepper and Bartlett & Basil from Scarborough Lane.

LLVV, I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad, the deepest sympathy to you, the girlie, and the rest of your family. I know your Dad is in a better place, pain free, and will be looking down on all of you forever. You are a wonderful daughter, and he was very lucky to have you. G, sends her best to you as well. Please email me, I would love to take you girls out for a coffee when your up to it.