The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Good afternoon [smilie=th_autumboy]

LLVV, many prayers going out to you and your family...you are a strong woman. May you and your precious family find some peace in all of this.

last night i melted "the blue," Blueberries and Cream from FP..

This afternoon i'm melting LOL's Vanilla Shake Cake and will light up soemthing blue in the bathroom.

Have a nice day, all

back to [smilie=th_lavarepiatti]

LLVV I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I will continue to say prayers for you and your family.

Just got home from work and started Frosted Cranberry from Slatkin's. I like it so far!

No need to apologize Gail-she has an aunt Daisy-lol! She is a hurricane, for sure-forget the fact that she has a spinal defect! It hasn't even slowed her down, I can't even imagine how hard she'd be to control if she had full use of her legs!

Back from the Dr and I have one sick little gal-strep, tonsilitis, and beginning pneumonia-so we'll have to go to hospital all weekend for shots. The upshot of the penicillin shot in the backside is that it immediately made her feel better.

For the afternoon I am putting on-

CFTKR-Pink Sugar

AMS-Flirtini

Still got my blue on as well.

Cat--hope your little one starts getting better quick. Those powerful shots always used to do the trick when my son was ill.

LLVV--you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Getting a very late start to scenting today but had a bad headache most of the day and I didn't want to aggravate it. I now have a Yankee Macintosh under the lamp and have just started my new YC Fresh Mint candle that I got yesterday. I used to have tarts that were Apple Mint and it was apple and spearmint which is what this should end up being. It is kind of late in the day for me to light a new candle but since I usually burn them halfway down and then put them in the crock warmer I guess it won't matter.

Have a great night all.

Cat, oh my, your poor DD! Sending her lots of "get well soon" wishes!

I just got back from the regional park. First outing since my New Year's Day mishap. So fun to see a gigantic beaver dam. What a work of art! It must be, oh I don't know, 2 or 300 feet long. Amazing!

Okay, back on topic. I'm Melting Haley's Trick or Treat. It's not in season but DH came home from fishing and gave me an icky little tricky - dirt from shoe treads all over my freshly cleaned floor. Men! Where's my rollin' pin? [smilie=th_m4t3zo4]

Gail

Well, I didn't care for the apple/mint combo--I took the apple out from under the candle lamp and then I blew out the mint candle, trimmed the wick and put it under the lamp and it smells wonderful. I didn't try the YC Fresh Mint several years ago when it came out and then they dropped it but now it is back in a full line of wax. It is a lovely fresh spearmint scent--quite nice for this time of year and very pretty.

Yep, that's my Maddie. Great big, stubborn, BULLDOG...lol

I just love that tongue hanging out-very Gene Simmons.

Back from the Dr and I have one sick little gal-strep, tonsilitis, and beginning pneumonia

Cat - Wow....blink and Maddie is all growed up! :wub: What does an average Bulldog weigh? Awww...your poor DD, she sure got a triple whammy! [smilie=th_bb41] Glad she's gotten the antibiotic and is on her way to feeling better.

We have a minpin pap. I'll try and post pictures this weekend.

Yes, please post pics Joan! I have no idea what a minpin pap is.[smilie=th_scratch]

Puppy - so glad you didn't have any lasting injuries from your fall. Maybe your DH will be more careful with the muddy shoes when he finds out floor cleaning duties are HIS next time. [smilie=th_c032]

I'm melting a blue for LLVV - FP's Mrs Claus' Cookies, from a CF friend. [smilie=th_teks0311]

Prayers for you LLVV. We're here for you. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

This evenings scents are...

YC Home for the Holidays...finishing up a large jar

YC Drift Away...this is my blue for LLVV...upstairs in the MBR warmer

Have a great night everyone...thtgif.gif

Hi friends [smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Special hugs and prayers going up to you LLVV..I am so sorry for all that you are going thru!! Sending a special prayer of peace for you!!

Sillys, I will take ALL your snow..sure thing!! I love it so much its crazy!! We got about 14in and its still laying all around..I hope more will join it soon!! It was nice to have a few days out of school this week..I got a little extra house work done!!

Aria, love your adorable little disco ball fellow..too cute!!

Oh gosh girls...let me share!! I got my Front Porch order today and its so wonderful!! Got mostly lavender scents..and I am so in love with them!! Been a while since I have ordered from Angie, and I am ready to place another order [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Well..I am off to enjoy the long weekend!! Be safe and stay warm!!

Ditto on the disco dude, Aria! SO cute!

Melting Christmas tonight...

Under the Mistletoe from Soyshine candles...now OOB

Cabin Scents from McCalls

Night... [smilie=The_Hi]

Maggie - isn't 32 Degrees an amazing scent? I can't wait for mine to show up. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

LLVV - My thoughts to you and your family_smileyfacehugging_.gif

Joan - dogsitting! How fun (I hope) :-) [smilie=th_blij47-1][smilie=th_806e4b7f]

Gail - my dad is notorious for tracking in all sorts of undesirable stuff in the tread of his shoes. But if you ask him to take his shoes off before tromping through the house, you'd think you asked him to cut off his feet or something. "Men!" is right.

th_pullhair.gif

I got my CBV order today and within the hour had lit my gorgeous purple glitter container from her. It's still going: Bella Swan (really pretty floral)

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Okay, the update on my melting problem is . . . . I gave up!

[smilie=th_sad2hz1]

I have no idea what was going on, but my Spice of the Forest (from haleys) never did fully melt down in a 35 wt melter, and no throw at all, so out it went.

I have just thrown in Lemon Grass N Sage from LOL in it's place.

Cat - I'm sure sorry to hear how sick your poor DD is. Sending speedy recovery wishes, I know you're taking good care of her [smilie=th_catkiss]

Busymom, your comment about your Front Porch order reminds me of something. This may be a little weird, but when I first started getting into melts a few years ago (mostly thru eBay), I ordered from them. I got several tarts that looked like ice cream scoops. I remember picking that company after reading comments somewhere (not here) about how strong they were. Well, they were strong, but they all had the weirdest, funkiest undertone, no matter what the scent. Believe it or not, I still have a few in my stash box, and I have them in a ziplock just to quell the smell. [smilie=th_e13] Seeing as how everyone around here likes them, I wonder if I got a bad batch, or they changed their product or what! Oh well, who knows!?

Hey Trepp, what is a candle lamp anyway?

Have a good night everyone! Stay warm. [smilie=th_a194]

Trep - I love, love, love Fresh Mint! Even the cold sniff is so realistic!

Gail, our Golden is bad about the mud business - usually directly related to me vacuuming the whole house! He is afraid of the vacuum (dad got his tail once), and so he waits outside...so he can bring in mud and bark dust when I am done. [smilie=th_pullhair]

Tonight is my blue Tranquil Waters from Tuscadero's.

Hi All-

I have been out all day. Went into Manhattan tonight and had a great dinner with DH, DS and DD. Too bad the only one missing was youngest DD who went back to college. I took a ride to pick them all up as my two oldest are home for the weekend.

LLVV-Thinking of you in this difficult time..can only imagine what you are going through.

Gail-Glad you are out and about again.

Stardust-Glad to hear the rave reviews on 32 Degrees. I ordered that in a candle for joining the LOL candle club.

Only one candle going tonight-a pillar from Warm Glow in Candy Corn.

Have a good night. [smilie=th_slider_bigsleep]

Cat, your bulldog is just precious. I'm glad your your DD is already starting to feel better. I hate seeing the kiddos sick. DS came home from school early today with a fever, sore throat, and cough. Hopefully it doesn't turn into anything more serious.

I just started melting a favorite; Gingersnap from Scentsy. Still melting Ocean for my blue. LLVV has been on my mind all day.

Laurie--a candle lamp is a device that looks like a lamp and it has a halogen bulb. You place your large jar candle under it and turn it on and the bulb melts about an inch of your wax releasing the scent. After about 12-15 hrs or more when you can't smell it anymore you pour out the melted wax and wipe the jar--set it back under the bulb and another inch melts. It is really great. The wax glows from the bulb and you get almost instant scent throw. You can find them on ebay or direct from candlewarmers etc. There are several styles--I use the Aurora one. You can also purchase them at Hobby Lobby stores and some other retailers. Just do a Google search of candle warmer lamps.

Starting the day out with a Yankee Macintosh candle in my crock warmer.

Have a great day everyone.

Good one, Jules!

Yesterday I managed to finish up a stash of Lil Bear Creations - they were OK new, but meh after quite a bit of time. Violet Lime was still pretty good. They are now OOB.

Melted Fruit Loop Cupcakes from LOL. LOVE that one.

Wishing everyone a happy Saturday!

[smilie=th_e16]

Happy Weedend, Waxheads!

Thanks for filling me in on the candle lamp, Trep. That sounds kewl. I will definately look next time I get to Hobby Lobby (I *try* to stay outta that place - too many temptations! ) [smilie=th_c032]

Slow getting going here (woke up with migraine aura went straight to the shower and so far, no headache - anyone else plagued with migraines? One of my DD has them too)

[smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Anyhoo, I'm doing a remelt on LemonGrass and Sage from LOL in my kitchen/living area potpourri pot. I love the lemon, but the sage is smellin' a bit funky to me, maybe it's just me.

I popped in a YC tart of Christmas at the Beach in my living room/hallway melter. Not smelling it just yet.

And I'm struggling with the dreaded BAD TEALIGHTS in my bedroom. Oh, how I hate when that happens!

[smilie=th_u51]

Wishing everyone a SCENTsational weekend!

Cabin Scents from McCalls

MaggieMae - what's that one smell like....pine-y? [smilie=th_235F35F32]

Busymom, your comment about your Front Porch order reminds me of something. This may be a little weird, but when I first started getting into melts a few years ago (mostly thru eBay), I ordered from them. I got several tarts that looked like ice cream scoops. I remember picking that company after reading comments somewhere (not here) about how strong they were. Well, they were strong, but they all had the weirdest, funkiest undertone, no matter what the scent. Believe it or not, I still have a few in my stash box, and I have them in a ziplock just to quell the smell. Seeing as how everyone around here likes them, I wonder if I got a bad batch, or they changed their product or what! Oh well, who knows!?

Slow getting going here (woke up with migraine aura went straight to the shower and so far, no headache - anyone else plagued with migraines? One of my DD has them too)

Nautilique - I ordered from FP a few years ago, but got all mine in the tart cups. Really liked them, but didn't order for a few years (SO many vendors to try! [smilie=th_200912104451] ). Tried them again in the fall and have been very happy with all I got, strong scents and throw is great! I ordered the tart cups, scalloped and also got a bag of the scoops. Don't know if they changed wax, but my nose isn't smelling any undertones in the wax. Am plotting another order. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Migraines are the pits, hope you're feeling better by now. [smilie=th_empathy] I used to get them, too. Mine were hormone driven and now that my hormone level has changed (KWIM? :lol: ) they went away. Yeah, I still get some headaches, but nothing like those really bad migraines.

He is afraid of the vacuum (dad got his tail once), and so he waits outside...so he can bring in mud and bark dust when I am done. [smilie=th_pullhair]

Debra - bark dust? The visual on that is too funny! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

It's candles for me this morning....Slatkins Fresh Balsam and a Cake Candle Apple & Spice votive.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Happy Saturday!

Debra, hilarious re "bark dust". Those two words really tell a picture ![smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

Laurie, I hope you feel better.

I've only tried a couple of FP but they've been great! No undertones detected. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting Haley's Hollyberry before taking off for a day with my sisters.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676] everybody!

Gail

Good Morning...ah..afternoon! [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Sweet, the Cabin Scents would probably be best at Christmas since it is a strong pine (realistic...not phoney) but it also smells like wood...if ya know what I mean...kinda like a cabin in the woods I suppose. I burn it all year since I love that scent.

Cat~ Hope your DD is feeling better!

Debra...Bark dust? [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet] TOOO FUNNY!!!

Michele~ Sounds like a wonderful evening! :)

Gail~ Enjoy your day out with the sisters!

Melting: Tranquility for LLVV [smilie=th_empathy]

The Slatkins Fresh Balsam candle I was burning had to be relocated to the nursery (kitchen) cuz it needed some babying. [smilie=th_roll] Sheesh. Might be time to write a 'Dear Harry' letter. [smilie=th_sign0164] I've moved on to melting and put on CrossCreek's Zucchini Cupcake. YUM!!!! [smilie=th_LOVE]