The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Good Morning~ [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Starting the morn off with...

Blueberry Swirled Cheesecake from Mookie Doodle

No Guilt from Whiff n Sniff..what happened to them????

I can't believe that I only have 10 Christmas tarts left... [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] very proud of myself...next year I can buy LOTS!! I also polished off 2 candles and 1 more is just about done.

Have a great day...it's snowing again!

xmas-smiley-4625-1.gif Good Morning!

This morning I have one tart melter going with Nene's Wedding Bouquet...such a beautiful floral. I think the main note is lilac, but I could be wrong.

Maggie, not sure what happened to W&S... I was thinking of HoT the other day too. Not sure what happened there either.

Gail, I have the HFO in Frosted Cranberry...so strong and very berry-ish!

Okay, I'm all dressed and ready to head out the door...grocery shopping. Luckily, we only need a few things.

Have a great day!

Switchin' it up with some of the melters today. I think I have established that my little 35wt. mini crock pot stays on the bar between kitchen and living room, cause that thing is da bomb for throw and it covers my biggest area. Neptune's Oasis from CBV was still going strong when I shut it down last night, today it's getting a rest, and I may fire it up again this evening.

So, after much soul searching (and research), I am downgrading my cute little sand castle warmer to oils only. I never solved the mystery as to why it worked well once upon a time and now the wax melts only in the middle, leaving a solid ring around the edges. I searched for replacement parts which were not to be had. Maybe it's going kaput, maybe it was low wattage to begin with, maybe I was using *softer* tarts before, I may never know, but it's cute as heck, so it stays. I have an oil called Moonlit Gardens (From Wallyworld I think) in it right now, so we'll see how it performs. [smilie=th_smiley-crying]

Living room/hallway is melting Plumeria from Haley's Heavenly. This is a new spot for this particular melter, kinda behind my desk at the edge of the hallway, and very near my air conditioning intake, so maybe I'll have some interesting results (as the heat is running a little, it was 41 here in the FL panhandle this morning).

In my bedroom, I finally tossed the Jasmine Sea Mist, which I had mixed with an also waning Lemon Verbena, both from Nene's. Such gorgeous melts they were, and oh yes, they did not go down without a fight - I am in love with Nene's! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

So my bedroom is now melting SeaShells from Can-do. I'm getting ready to take a shower an can't wait to see how the room smells when I get out.

I hope everyone is having a Scent-Sational day! ! !

good morning, all.

Maggie, you are whittling down, good for you! wish I could say the same thing but not a tree person here anyway and I went overboard. all stored in a big glass 2 gallon jar that once upon a time held the most delicious olives from the in-laws orchard. :)

CFTKR-birthday cake

badedas in the bath

Cashmere and silk in the BR. Love this; recently learned that this is the same as CBV French Quarter, which I love and occasionally am getting a whiff of it out here in the LR.

Nautilique=not sure where u keep this seashell warmer that appears to be not as hot of a plate but u might want to try wrapping a piece of alluminum foil around the dish and extending down to some of the base. I then take the 'overhang' and lip it around the rim of the dish to hold in place. I have a 24 watt plate that doesn't heat CBV wax very well; does the same thing so I tried that and the foil works like a charm. I guess it just helps to retain the heat where it belongs thus melting the wax. Not an eyesore but not really a pretty conversation piece but it does the trick, and mine is just the typical flat plate melter w/bowl. a shame to have to cover your pretty decorative melter but at least u could use it as a backup or switch it out to a room that doesn't get alot of 'eyeing traffic'.

good morning, all.

Nautilique=not sure where u keep this seashell warmer that appears to be not as hot of a plate but u might want to try wrapping a piece of alluminum foil around the dish and extending down to some of the base. I then take the 'overhang' and lip it around the rim of the dish to hold in place. I have a 24 watt plate that doesn't heat CBV wax very well; does the same thing so I tried that and the foil works like a charm. I guess it just helps to retain the heat where it belongs thus melting the wax. Not an eyesore but not really a pretty conversation piece but it does the trick, and mine is just the typical flat plate melter w/bowl. a shame to have to cover your pretty decorative melter but at least u could use it as a backup or switch it out to a room that doesn't get alot of 'eyeing traffic'.

Hmmmm, not sure I'm getting the picture, but I'm thinking it's a 2-piece warmer type you're talking about. Mine is a single piece, so I'm not sure it can be "extra insulated". Here's a pic:

DSC07196.jpg

Hi everyone,

Boy, I sure have been sleeping in lately. [smilie=th_shocked_sick_big]

Becky, Sinfully Hot is outstanding! [smilie=th_sign0162] I'm melting Haley's Grandma's Kitchen, which is okay but doesn't begin to compare. [smilie=th_sign0164]

Gail

Me again. [smilie=th_wave] Switched to Haley's Strawberry Preserves. I like this one lots better than Grandma's Kitchen. I guess Grandma just isn't very good in the kitchen.[smilie=th_pardon]

The forum is acting up a bit for me today. S-L-O-W.

Gail

Hi All-

I went to the Yankee store today. Not much left for the SAS sale. Not anything I need to get anyway. My kids gave me a Yankee gift card as part of my Christmas gifts and I am saving that for the spring scents. I want Pink Sands and maybe the Orange Dreamsicle. Both smelled great.

I am continuing the tart organization over here. I found a giant stash of Can Do tarts. I want to try to finish them off before I start the new stash I just got. I am melting today all from Can Do-Passionate Kisses (love this!) I smell some chocolate in it but they are closed so I could not look up the description. I think this is from a Valentine's Day order last year. Also have going Cafe Brulot Cookies in 3 melters downstairs.

I am going to burn my YC Christmas Italian Biscotti.

We are getting more snow here but it is not sticking. I am sick of snow already.

Today I'm melting Carrot Cake from Scentsy. This is a retired scent that they brought back for this month only and I'm so glad I got a bar. I may need more! It's yummy- right down to the cream cheese icing!

The forum is acting up a bit for me today. S-L-O-W.

Puppy - it's real slow for me, too. I even got a 'candlefind.com Driver Error' message. I'm thinking sumptin might be up.... [smilie=th_cha66]

Laurie - your sandcastle warmer is adorable! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm doing a remelt of Carol's Green Apple & Cinnamon from yesterday and burning my first Haley's candle in Apple Cinnamon. Great candle - good scent and throw, would definitely order more! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

oh sorry, Nautalique, thought it was a two-piece. does it take a bulb? hmmm, I wonder if you wrap the foil around so the holes are closed in, if it would help retain the heat better?

afternoon melt was Carol's Welcome Home. wonderful scent to feel cozy and warm when u are home. I remember that the cinnamon does get strong the longer it goes so it was time for it to go; not a big cinnamon lover here.(in wax, that is)

CCCC and Nene's peppermint bark in 2 melters. the last of all my bark. got to get more from Deana; I love hers. also burning my GC licorice candle. sounds odd, but the combo together is divine. I asked Deana if she has a licorice or anise tart and she doesn't but does have pizelle. anyone ever had her pizelle? wouldn't want too much bakery but more anise.

a bit of snow here today; not alot but it did stick. was dreary and overcast.

enjoy your eve, all.

Good evening! Yes the face recognition is a security thing and also a convenience thing for logging in. You are able to scan all user's faces and it will take them to their login settings just by the face scan. So cool! It also will scan your face every few minutes while you are logged in, and lock the computer if you aren't the one at it. Neato-I feel like a kid in a candy store. Consider the fact that I haven't had a new computer in 10 years-so this is like getting a Porshe or something... [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

Anyway- I really like that sandcastle melter, its too bad it's not as hot as you need it these days.

I have been trying to figure out what I have cookin around here today-

CFTKR-Earthen Oak

CFTKR-Tropical White Musk

Can Do-Kiwi Sage Ginger

Scentsationals-Apple

Have a great weekend everyone-I will be back at it after having vacation for the last two weeks (please don't make me go). [smilie=th_Cry]

Hi!!!

That facial recognition thing on your computer sounds cool Cat! DH is letting my dad borrow a laptop that reads your fingerprint to log in. Technology is just so cool. I have no idea what kinds of devices they will come up with in the next decade. Who knew you'd be able to get online through your phone. Who knew CDs would be ancient history. DD doesn't even know what a CD is. To me, CDs seem like pretty new technology to be outdated already. LOL.

Tarts:

Velvet Caramel Crunch - OMG...it made my mouth water

Banana Flapjack - a longtime favorite

Egg Nog - another longtime favorite

Cinnamon Cookie Dough

Candles:

Italian Lemon Biscotti jar

Frosted Cedar Wreath votive

Christmas Wreath votive

Holiday Sage jar

Hi all! Wow, I don't like how long I've been away. That's not good at all! I will try to check in more often. I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday season and are enjoying the new year so far! Tonight I'm melting Banana Nut Bread from CFTKR and Autumn Sunset from Scentsy. Also burning Shortbread Cookie from Yankee in the large jar. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Morning friends. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Ds (10) and dh are at a chess tournament this morning. Dd is still sleeping and the house is very quiet! Started the day with Carol's Cider and Snap. I am supposed to take the ornaments off the tree today and I don't want to! :( It is just too pretty! I also have lofty ideas for organizing the 'pantry' (2 large wire shelving units in the back hall). It really needs to be done but here I sit [smilie=th_blij51]

Morning friends. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I also have lofty ideas for organizing the 'pantry' (2 large wire shelving units in the back hall). It really needs to be done but here I sit [smilie=th_blij51]

You can do it!!! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] I need to get busy too, and here I sit right along with ya! lol

Good Morning! [smilie=th_316785e4]

Starting out melting

CFTKR Frosted Wildberry and Warm Vanilla Nutmeg

Scentsy Welcome Home

Hope everyone enjoys the day!

good morning, all.

cold morning here but sun trying to peek out.

LLVV, I didn't know CDs were ancient. I am ancient and never keep up w/technology. I saw on the news last night a short clip from the Las Vegas tech and gadget show..wow, makes u realize just how far tech. has come and who knows where it will end? before u know it, everyone will be born w/some kind of chip. LOL

that Frosted Cedar Wreath sounds lovely.

CCCC berry christmas in the cute glittery snowflakes-last of it in 2 melters. love this scent

Haley's pink cotton pickin' in the BR but it is slightly taking over the entire house. nice and strong!

CFTKR moonlight path in the bath. this is one of my fav. bbw scents I've used for years. I think Carol d/c it...or the oil supplier did.

hve a great Saturday, all. seems odd to have a w/e off again but will savor it. think i will go get a couple of new tires today.

enjoy!

[smilie=The_Hi]

This morning i'm melting a combo of Lemon Sugar and Frosted Sugar Cookie, both from Carol...just started the melter, but i'm sure it will make my mouth water once it starts kicking...gonna hop in the shower and scrub with some Frosted Lemon Cookie scrub, ha...i'm in a lemon mood today and loving it! [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Have a great day, everyone!

Good Morning! [smilie=th_316785e4] Up melting, drinking coffee and listening to "Beatles for Sale"...a good morning.

So glad to be off lockdown but taking it slow. Ordered just a few tarts from Carol last night. :)

Melting:

Nepalese Mountain Temple from Pink Flower..love this one!!

Lemon Sugar Cookies from Sugar & Spice

Burning:

32 Degrees from LOL

Granny's Lemon Noel from Southern Star

Have a smelly day! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr