The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

[smilie=The_Hi] I am happy that our Colts came away winners last night. The score was a little bit too close though. I am melting Carol's Christmas Time and unknown blue sugar. Putting away my Barbie tree. It's so time consuming putting the ornaments back in their boxes. A Colonoscopy is on my list of things that I will do this year. Too many other OOP medical bills last year and our insurance won't cover the whole thing, but in my top 3 things to do. Have a great Monday and we have a beautiful sunshiny day in Indiana. [smilie=The_Hi]

Hi CF friends! DH is resting comfortably; sleeping actually. He was worn out. Nothing was found, so that is good news. He was starving when we got home, so I fixed him scrambled eggs, sausage and toast. I would be starving too after not eating anything for over 24 hours...lol.

Enjoying the scent of Holiday Hugs from CFTKR along with the Red Berries & Cedar from earlier.

Aria, I bought some red berries and cedar at their end of year sale last year in the votives. They do have a nice aroma and I too like cedar. Used them over the holiday; not that I got much throw but they added to the ambience. yes, those cramps from the prep and the aftermath will tucker anyone out. I always feel badly for the elderly when they put them through that. I don't know why they call that prep, 'go lightly' because there is nothing light about it but u do go!

I love the votives also. I had one burning on my kitchen island and got a faint whiff each time I passed through the kitchen. DH was up most of the night...he was prescribed a combination of Dulcolax pills and an entire bottle of Miralax powder mixed in a 64 oz bottle of juice. Blech....

Aria, Birthday Cake from Can-Do is my favorite scent from Donna. I'm gonna find one and melt it tonight.

silly, yes, one of the most perfect cake scents along with Carol's White Cake...IMO.

Aria - I hear you about the colonoscopy prep. The prep is actually the bad part but the procedure itself is nothing. I hope more people become more open to taking this test. It does save lives. My dad would not be in his current situation if he had gotten a colonoscopy after I had mine 2 years ago. The cancer would of been caught at an earlier stage. He laughed at me telling him that it's not as bad as it seems. The other tests (fecal occult and sigmoidoscopy) are worthless if you have a tumor on the right side of the colon like he has. Bravo to your DH for not being a baby about this. Just a warning to my candle buddies because I love you guys...do not wait for the symptoms of colon cancer to appear as they do not always appear, especially if they are near the end (right side) of the colon. My dad had 0 symptoms until he hit stage 4 and those symptoms had nothing to do with the colon tumor. Go give your DH a gigantic hug and kiss for taking care of himself. This test is a gift to himself and to your family.

LLVV, thank you so much for the kind words...much appreciated. He is glad it is over...so relieved too. They actually gave him a printout with two tiny images from the test. Interesting. Hugs to you and prayers for your Dad.

Okay, I have some laundry I need to fold...take care friends...

SweetTart - I know what you mean about lids. I like them because if I'm burning a candle at night and don't want to flip on a light to see the wick to dip it (so it doesn't remain buried in the wax), I like the option of just snuffing it with the lid. I like the change from jars though, and I love the throw from the wider containers.

Stardust- [smilie=th_justcuz_goodpost] ....[smilie=iagree]

Puppylove- oh no!! Sorry to hear you slipped annd fall and is now sore. :o But good to hear that you are feeling better.

Debra99- hope that stomach bug will go away soon. Hope you get better soon and getting back to enjoy melting again.

Aria- Good luck to your hubby with his colonoscopy prep.

LLVV- Interesting to know of the whole colonoscopy. Good to know and thanx for sharing it friend.

Tunisianswife- Your comments about LSC seem to catch my attention as i do love STRONG scented tarts. Hmmm i think i might have to check the website out. Thanx for sharing.

Just recieved my C&S email from LOL candles, cant wait to try that 3 layer candle out. [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Burning:

CBV Maui Luau- I love plumeria scent, and this has that, pina colada and mango papaya. I like it.

CBV Hawaiian Splash- this was suppose to smell like the hawaiian fruit punch but IMO it doesnt. Its a sweet mellow scent but not like the fruity pucker sweet scent like the hawaiian frunch punch.

Recent melts:

CFTKR Cocomilk

CFTKR Peach Orchard- i really like this scent alot. Its a really nice and refreshing peach scent. This is now on my list of fav for a reorder for sure.

Good Afternoon everyone. I have had so much going on lately-at any rate, I hope everyone is making it through the holiday season in one piece. Finally, got the decorations down and away. I feel so much better, but have to go back to work on Saturday-so I am making the most of what's left of the vacation!

This afternoon I am melting Mimi's House-Can Do

Also burning Winter Wonderland-YC (very nice scent)

I know he has more cooking in the other melters, but not sure what he threw in. Hope you all have a great evening.

Aria - glad to hear your DH came thru his test with flying colors. There really is nothing to fear with that....U usually sleep thru the whole thing.

Mpfand & Puppy - [smilie=th_sSig_what] you're getting SNOW???!!!! We had really warm temps here with rain over the weekend and any trace of snow we had is gone. [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I never EVER thought I'd have to move to Vegas or the California desert to get a decent amount of snow. [smilie=th_foolish1] Go figure.

Cat01 [smilie=th_wave] - good to C U here!

I'm melting Cheryl's Winter Scentsations. A little spice, a little sweet....vedy good! [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04

Hi everyone and happy new year! [smilie=The_Hi]

Tonight I'm melting

YC Christmas cookie

Scentsy Central Park Pralines

Scentsationals No Place like Home

Thompson candle melts in Fresh apple

Candles from GC in Warm apple Crisp and BNB

Enjoy the evening all!

Ellie - Twigs and Berries might vary from vendor to vendor if it's one they blend themselves (you could always ask). I didn't think I liked Pink Sugar because I tried 2 or 3 and didn't like it... then I tried LOL's. Wow. It's one of my faves now.

[smilie=th_76d65c2f]

Maurie - welcome to the cult of Mac! Even if it is only a temporary visit. Or is it? Mwa-ha-haa.

[smilie=th_coffeespew]

Debra - L'Amour de Mamie is a LOL blend of mint, pine, pink sugar, vanilla and a hint of musk. The dominant notes are mint and pine, with a good dose of the pink sugar. It's fabulous.

[smilie=th_LOVE]

It's been a weird scent day. First, the last of my Fruit Loops candle refused to burn - it seems the evil extra-long safety wick things are preventing it from lighting - but there's still 1/2 inch of wax left (which is about 1/3 of this candle). ARGH! No Fruit Loops for me. Then I tried melting CrossCreek Baton Rouge, which is nice if I stand right next to the melter, but it's not a thrower. So now it's CBV Kahlua Cafe O'Lait, which is an old reliable.

Hi Skylar. Hi Cat01. th_yay.gif What's shakin'?

I enjoyed SH Orange Chiffon Cake all afternoon. Now it's more Fresh Linen from Kristin's DH prefers clean scents over bakery. rolleyes.gif Whatev.biggrin.gif

I'm chipping away at my clamshell stash. Go me!

good evening, all.

wow, snow in the west! and 3 inch. in so.cal. how fun.

star, thanks for the description of la' mour. I have that coming in this LOL order.

I LOVE Baton Rouge from CCCC-(or Earthen Oak from CFTKR). I get a good throw but it is in my bedroom, which is not small but not an open area either.

I straightened up the bottom of my china cabinet and I found packs from Carol that I had forgotten, as well as singles that were freebies. gosh, once I pulled everything out, I realized that w/the other recent orders that I have in places throughout and the 2 coming, I have to melt this down a bit before I can buy more. well, I have to place a CCCC order this week because I HAVE to have more heart and home. and ebay bucks quarter just ended so that amt. is burning a hole. LOL

CCCC-Elf Treats(love this)

CFTKR-Christmas Kitchen

candles from : Slatkin-mint chocolate and VBN CBV-golden pound cake

have a wonderful eve, all.

Hey girls,

Startdust..........no the MAC visits are not temporary. OMG, Cindy got me started on this stuff and I have not looked back once. Its a crazy addiction. Didn't care for much from the Cham Pale collection. Just ordered the Lavender SPF lip conditioner and a brow pencil this time around. Last order was High Tea lipstick and Pattisierie lipstick. I am quite done for awhile. Maybe for my BD in April I will hit them up again. I must have about 15 lipsticks from MAC and I love them all.

Burning YC Christmas Cookie candle and melting Can-do's Vanilla Apple tart. Both in the same room, my BD where I am headed in about 10 minutes.

Have a wonderful night everyone.

Aria, Great news!!! [smilie=th_december2201661-1] [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

I'm melting the same tart...Apple Thyme from Carol. Still burning the same candles...Holiday Sage jar and Frosted Cedar Wreath votive.

Aria~ Glad to hear everything went well with your DH! I feel his pain...I had one at 39 due to stomach issues and that prep is the WORST!!!

LLVV~ What wonderful words you wrote! You are so right! I wish my DH would go get a colonoscopy but he just won't...it surely is a gift to your family!

Melting:

Zucchini Bread from Almost Country

G'night! [smilie=thzzz003]

Add me to the list of cedar lovers! I even have body spray in Redwood and Cedar, which is a little over the top. I should wear flannel shirts when I spray it on!

Thanks for the description on Mamie!

Hey there Cat01! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I am also in awe of your 3" of snow you warm weather candlebuddies! Wow, what a treat for the youngsters.

Oh - Tonight I am still working through the fall stash - CFTKR, Pumpkin Spice Danish.

I have just picked my selections for today - I have some work to do around the house. In my living area, it will be Mermaid Kiss from CBVictoria, and in my room it will be Jasmine Sea Mist from Nene's. (that is, if I can bear to discard the last of the Balinese Cascade! lol)

Here's pics:

Jasmine Sea Mist: DSC07193.jpg

And Mermaid Kiss: DSC07194.jpg

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Good Morning! It's a sunny but cool day here. My house is smelling great I have burning the remains of YC pomegranate cider and Swan Creek Apples & Twigs and Scentationals Vanilla Bean. Have a great day everyone.

good morning, all.

Nautilique, don't blame u for parting w/your Balinese Cascade. :) lovely melts

a little late getting melted today; had to go to employee health for all the screening, yada, yada. now on to the next phase.

just popped in LSC apple butter poundcake...wowza. isn't even fully melted yet and I it's a throwin'! :) CFTKR-Mac Apple in the kitchen., Palm wood and hibiscus in the br. haven't started the bath yet cuz I need coffee.

have a good day, all

Good morning! [smilie=th_blij51]

Aria, that's fantastic news re your DH's colonoscopy! [smilie=th_Hnh5] The prep's no fun but so important! Reminds me of getting a mammograms, no fun, but oh so necessary!

LLVV, your words are so eloquent and powerful!

Susan, you cracked me up with this: "I have to melt this down a bit before I can buy more. well, I have to place a CCCC order this week..." Spoken like a true addict. You must be my soulmate! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Palmwood and hibiscus sounds really intriguing, as do so many recent melts in this thread lately.

Nautilique, beautiful photos, gorgeous warmers! [smilie=th_e3301ae2]

I'm melting FM's Cranberry Spice. Oh so perfect! [smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Gail

Good Morning!

It is a sunny but cold day here!

I Have melting some great smelling ones-

CHS Winter Berries

CHS Country Berry Hotcakes

Blue Gecko Blackberry Dessert Crepes

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Lots of good stuff melting and I do like those melters Nautilique! I just threw on a Crisp linen cube or two from Scentsationals. Man, I am lovin the convenience of grabbing those little guys from the Wally World. two bucks and they'll do in a pinch!

I have had some trouble getting orders over here lately, and they have come in handy!

Off to get the kiddies from their first day back from school!

Trep- getting ready to plan a trip to Bolivar, need to stock up on some HL!

Have a great afternoon all...

Not_snow_already_____by_the_ace_che.gif Getting a little bit of snow here...no biggie.

I decided to light a couple candles...

These are both from Colonial...Holiday Sparkle and Fireside

Have a wonderful evening!