The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Fleur17 , Thank you! I really did like this Avatar.

They are all from Mccarleys except I added a sugar cookie to it from -

http://www.anniedoodleshoppes.com/shoppes/

djdhhomespunjeannie/index.html

I have really been into all of the tarts that look like food. They are so fun! I have this glass cake plate on an brown iron stand that I've been putting them on. All of my daughters friends want to eat them. They look so real!

I also have been taking my old candles from the store that are damaged, and scraping out the wax with a spoon, and putting them in my tart warmers.

[smilie=th_confused3]

karla

Me too! I had a couple bad days when the only time I could get a decent throw was when I used the tealight melter. Then the throw was drifting off to parts unknown in the house. I'd melt in the family room - no smell. But suddenly it would appear upstairs! Wish I could color the scent vapor so I could track it and see where I should be setting my melters for better results! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

[smilie=th_confused3]

My YC shortbread cookie did not have a lot of throw... My crosscreek tarts have good scent, but are light...anyone else notice this?

That's odd.... In fact, I was at my local Yankee today and they had a bin of tarts from the last couple of seasons. I picked up a handful of Shortbread Cookie and commented to the sales person that I thought this was one of Yankee's best scents and best throwers ever.

Then again, some of the scents I've heard are really good throwers don't work that way for me - and I don't usually like them strong to begin with.

Our noses really ARE different, aren't they?!

Guest Anonymous
Scentsnob, you are melting Yankee stuff? I'm surprised! For some reason, I was thinking you were anti-YC.

Jason,you are right! You have a GREAT memory... I always said they were overrated ! ( even started a thread at QVC some time ago saying so..oops)When I gave up tarts and was sifting through ebay for candles I found this seller who donates to abused animals.. I couldn't resist! I'm so happy I gave them another try because I had been really sick off and on for 3 weeks( found out it was a bleeding ulcer) and could barely stomach any scent for too long.. A couple days ago I put on my yankee candles and they were perfect.. I will continue to buy from that Ebay seller..I LOVE vanilla Lime, Pineapple Gardenia so far! [smilie=th_confused3]

Okay so today I am giving the melters a break and am burning mostly candles-I have Ginseng Energizer,Rain Forest, and Wildberry Fig-all MB. I am simmering Jasmine Vanilla oil from Randall's Candles in the bedroom.

Scentsnob, glad you are enjoying your candles! I like that Vanilla Lime, too! I also recommend Lemon Lavender. It's smells great and is a great thrower, too! Hope you get to feeling better.

Dabba, sorry to hear you were disappointed with Shortbread Cookie. Like Deezee, I have found it to be one of Yankee's best. Maybe you got a dud?

Had to dump the YC Sugar Cane & Vanilla. It had a throw, but a weird smell to it. Almost like it was spoiled. I always thought if a tart went bad, it just didn't scent anymore. Never thought it could just plain smell like it went bad. Oh well, on to the next!

Guest Anonymous

Scentsnob, love the new avatar!

Changed to Aroma Soy Butterscotch something. Finally I have a tart with some throw and not floral or perfumey. Also threw in a Country Spice from her in another burner.

I have always had great throw from the shortbread cookie and I get a fabulous throw from Crosscreek, too. It must be the difference in our houses and/or noses. Sometimes, my family thinks something is too strong and I can't even smell it. Who knows? I just feel bad for anyone who can't get the throw they want because I hate it when it happens to me.

Got my small first order from McCarley's today I ordered a couple of clams and some of the brittle like product in Lemon lime Vanilla. I was in a citrus mood. It smelled so good. I put it in 1 burner in the kitchen and 2 in the living room. It was fantastic and filled the rooms immediately. Unfortunately 2 hours later the scent is gone. Maybe the other 2 scents will be better.

In the comp room I have an old tart from JD in Fizzy Pop Rocks and it is heavenly.

Guest Anonymous

Jason,I love LL . I forgot to list!

Mommy,THANKS to YOU,I have that avatar! I really appreciate you listing the links!

:P

ETA-Slpit-I'm sorry to hear that.. I haven't had that problem with McCarleys..

scentsnob- Your avatar is too cute. I hope you're feeling much better.

Today I am melting... what else? Birthday Cake from Candle Haven. :P

Guest Anonymous
My YC shortbread cookie did not have a lot of throw... My crosscreek tarts have good scent, but are light...anyone else notice this?

Me. I either got no throw out of my crosscreek or they quickly died out. I have burned shortbread cookie twice now. Once was good the other time no throw. :P

Scentsnob...I am not giving up on them. One burn is never fair. You could tell it was really fresh as when I was taking it out of the bag it was very soft and there was oil on my fingers. I have sealed it good and will let it sit a bit. I was just too anxious. The other 2 scents were Magnolia which smells strong as well and one that is new to me called Enchanted Mansion and it smells so wonderful.

I did put on some RG brittle in Rhubarb Plum to replace the citrus and it makes me hungry for pie!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone...the sun is shining here and that makes it a good day!!!

Guest Anonymous

Hi Slpit,

I JUST placed my first order with RG..There is a free shipping sale until April 1 (over $50):P

scentsnob--sorry to hear you have been ill. I'm glad they have found out what it is so you can get over it. I like the Vanilla Lime too and the Berry Jam is great in a bathroom. I like to put it in my tealight burner in the master bath and it smells wonderful. If you like florals and are ordering from that rescue place go to her sale items and for 85 cents you can get Freesia which is great. I got a bunch of them from there.

Guest candlefreak

Tonight I have Twigs and Berries in my living room and Strawberry Jam in my bedroom. Both are from Jason and Gracie's. I am not that fond of the Twigs and Berries, but it is quite strong. The Strawberry Jam is really good and about a med. throw. Probably going to turn my melters off soon and light Unwind from CBV in a mini candle in my bedroom while I relax and read before bed.

Hope everyone has a good night!

Guest Anonymous

Tonight it is orange Whip from Crosscreek. It has not melted all the way yet, but is starting to smell wonderful! Have a great night everyone! :P

Tonight I am melting Snowflower-Candledippers and First Snow-CHC. It is not snowing here in MO,but I figured that I'd sympathize with those of you that got some snow today and yesterday.

Night all!

Thanks, cat - it has been snow and hail most of the day!

It has made me a little testy - so it is Charlotte's Evil Step Sister for the evening!

Jason--that Sugar Cane & Vanilla does have a strange smell--that is what it is supposed to smell like. I used to melt it once in awhile but you are right about the sour/spoiled smell. It was kind of weird.

Wow, it never even crossed my mind that it was supposed to smell like that. I instantly decided it had gone bad. Ew, one of Yankee's worst. It goes on the list with Sparkling Angel (Heavily Perfumed Old Church Ladies) and Roasted Coffe (Day Old Pot of Coffee at Denny's) as YC scents to avoid!