The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

jason--loved and agreed with your Yankee descriptions of those particular fragrances. Wait until you smell the newest--Fudge Ripple--I smelled it at the store yesterday and I have an awful feeling that when heat is applied to it you are going to smell sour milk. They don't have tarts in it which is probably a good thing--the clerks and I both think it stinks and stinks bad. Maybe others will feel differently. They also have a new one called Root Beer Float. Cold it smells exactly like root beer but I don't want my house to smell like that--no tarts on that one either. Another one that has been around in a limited capacity for about a year is Star Fruit and Orange--this one is wonderful--I've had lots of tarts in it and it is good--they just got these the end of the week so if you are in the store you might try that one as well as the Dune Grass. Just a thought. Nancy

Good Morning, :shock:

I am burning candles today.

Archipelago Botanicals - Bergamot Tobacco (very heavy, musky scent - no cig smell)

Full Moon Candles - Sante Fe votive (Pinion tree , unique clean pine bark scent without the Holiday smells. No jingle bells with this pine.)

YC Aloe Vera (again, it's a big jar, but it is sort of blue ish)

after melting TS pink sugar all day yesterday, I needed something that was not sweet.

Have a great day. I'll be here doing laundry. *sigh*

:lol:

Good morning -

Cranberry Orange Spice (Candle Haven...I LOVE this)

Blueberry Patch (House of Soy)

Black Raspberry Vanilla (Tara's)

Candle - French Market from McCarley's in the laundry room again.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Love the avatar jerseymom.

Today I am melting Crosscreeks Vanilla Smoothie in the kitchen and White Peach in the computer room.

Regarding YC Sugar Cane&Vanilla. I do enjoy that one, but in small doses. It can get quite strong. To me its a Vanilla with Sugar Cane mixed in. I think they hit the scent right on. It is different and you either like it or not. I pick up a tea/leafy mix to it. I know that sounds strange and I can't get the words out that I want to explain it. I'm not all that good at giving scent descriptions.

Guest Anonymous

Good morning - I have been melting CHC's Sweet Water Ivy (love this scent, and it's different than what I normally have on for work) - Not sure what's going on next, haven't gotten that far in the day yet....Still trying to decide what to have for breakfast :lol:

Good morning, everyone! Dh and dd went to my bil's house for the day...dh to help bil with his kitchen countertops and sink, and dd to hang out with my niece. So, it's just me and the boys today. It's pretty quiet, since the boys are playing video games and the computer. Ahhh, peace and quiet (well, as much as I can get with 3 little boys).

So far, it's pure integrity's hyacinth in my bedroom, and crosscreek's bear claws in my living room.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jason--that Sugar Cane & Vanilla does have a strange smell--that is what it is supposed to smell like. I used to melt it once in awhile but you are right about the sour/spoiled smell. It was kind of weird.

Wow, it never even crossed my mind that it was supposed to smell like that. I instantly decided it had gone bad. Ew, one of Yankee's worst. It goes on the list with Sparkling Angel (Heavily Perfumed Old Church Ladies) and Roasted Coffe (Day Old Pot of Coffee at Denny's) as YC scents to avoid!

I certainly have no trouble imagining those scents, Jason! :lol:

No melting for awhile today, have some volunteer doodah to attend. But when I get back I will get the melters hoppin!!! Still a little snowy today.

Send or harts - have you been having snow too?

Thanks for the heads up on the new scents, Nancy. When I went to the store the other day, they had all of the new scents in, but not put out yet. I wanted a candle in the scent of Amber Glow, so they went to the back to get one for me. So I didn't get to smell the other new ones. I didn't think I'd like Root Beer Float. Wonder why they don't have tarts for a couple of the new scents. BTW, have you smelled the new Amber Glow yet? If so, what do you think about it?

Guest Anonymous

We had snow most of the day yesterday, but nothing so far yet today, just cold and a little rain. I am still melting the Orange Whip from Crosscreek, it has pooped out now though and needs to be changed.

We had snow most of the day yesterday, but nothing so far yet today, just cold and a little rain. I am still melting the Orange Whip from Crosscreek, it has pooped out now though and needs to be changed.

I loved the snow! It was so pretty, especially last night, when it actually stuck for a little while. I hope to see a little more today. I've got Carolina Rain by Crosscreek for my blue, plus Bump N Grind by Sheba's, Black Raspberry Vanilla by Winter Garden and Olive Blossom from Cottage Hill going. When these fade out, I'm thinking of some bakery scents, which is totally outside my norm. Have a great day everyone!

It's a gray dreary day here...more like fall than spring. I just put YC Autumn Wreath on in the kitchen and Tuscadero's Apache Tears in the den!

Guest Anonymous

We all went to a prayer/healing service this morning with Joey then all went to brunch. It was a nice morning and Joey looks great!

It is a bright sunny day here with a bitterly cold wind. lol. Not nearly as warm as it looks. Down to the last couple of tarts from my Crosscreek order. Melting her Tres Leche cake today.

Hi all,

I started melting PI Amaretto this afternoon. It totally turned bad for me. I've got to dump it.

SH Bit -o-Honey in the living room.

btw I really miss snow.

Guest Anonymous
Hi all,

I started melting PI Amaretto this afternoon. It totally turned bad for me. I've got to dump it.

SH Bit -o-Honey in the living room.

btw I really miss snow.

I almost got that last order - What was wrong with it?

momuvtwo

regarding the PI Amaretto, I think this may have been my own sense of smell today. I have been melting this scent a couple of cubes at a time on and off all week. I may have just grown tired of it.

I had been enjoying it prevously, but it started to smell synthetic and artificial. Perhaps because it was one I had melted last night and remelted today.

I loved the cold sniff. It was the first scent I tried from my order. And I liked it initially.

I may try it in a cooler temp melter, but not until at least next week.

Guest Anonymous
momuvtwo

regarding the PI Amaretto, I think this may have been my own sense of smell today. I have been melting this scent a couple of cubes at a time on and off all week. I may have just grown tired of it.

I had been enjoying it prevously, but it started to smell synthetic and artificial. Perhaps because it was one I had melted last night and remelted today.

I loved the cold sniff. It was the first scent I tried from my order. And I liked it initially.

I may try it in a cooler temp melter, but not until at least next week.

Thanks for the info, Julie - I love amaretto in general but I was thinking this one might be too strong for me. I may pick it up next order. I prefer 'nutty' type scents to sweet/bakery......Though I do have PI's oatmeal cookies coming...

We all went to a prayer/healing service this morning with Joey then all went to brunch. It was a nice morning and Joey looks great!

It is a bright sunny day here with a bitterly cold wind. lol. Not nearly as warm as it looks. Down to the last couple of tarts from my Crosscreek order. Melting her Tres Leche cake today.

I'm glad to know Joey was looking great!

Finishing up tonight with Blueberry something from Sheba's, Pink Grapefruit from CFTKR (too tart), and staying with Cranberry Orange from Candle Haven. I put Fresh Squeezed Oranges on in the LR from Momma's Soy Tart Mart, but I don't smell a thing.

Good night!