The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

The Crosscreek Pineapple I started a couple of hours ago is really good--it is drifting out into the hall and it is a very nice pineapple scent. Had to dump the K's Birthday Cake--too rich for me. I hardened it back up and will give it and the rest of the bag to my best friend--it's right up her alley. It's a great bakery scent--just not for me. Still haven't decided what to replace the Vanilla Lime with--it is still going strong so maybe I'll just leave it and do something else tomorrow. Storms are forecast for the next 36 hrs here so may not be on the computer much. Have a great evening, all. [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Guest Anonymous

Put on Crosscreek Sweet Tarts earlier and it does not smell like sweet tarts to me! It more like a fizzy pop/7-up scent. It was really strong and gave me a headache so I had to dump it. Not what I was expecting for sweet tarts. Notmally those types of scents do not bother me, but maybe it is because I am pregnant? Who knows!!

Guest Anonymous

I'm having a terrible afternoon melting.....My tealight melter is scorching everything >[smilie=th_326db8b3] Finally got Tuscadero's Purple Rain in the electric melter and DH and DS came home from the car show and said 'ick' - My son turned it off without even telling me or asking.....sigh.

So, now I have Wildberry Zinger from CHC back in the tealight melter, with a soy tealight this time (instead of the new BBW ones I got yesterday) so we'll see if maybe the tealights were too hot?? Who knows? All I know is I hate smoking tarts. I"m having one of those days that candles are looking pretty good, but all I have in the house are holiday candles.....I'm almost tempted to take a field trip to the Yankee store! lol

Harts - did I miss something, or is this a first time announcement? I realized I was pregnant (years ago!) when they painted the office next to me - and I could not stand to be even in the hallway! Best wishes ! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Odd day, hail and sun. It is candle weather: Still Hawaiian Breeze, but now also YC Plymouth Bay Gourmet Vanilla.

Guest Anonymous

Hi everyone! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I just realized that March is almost over!! Yikes! Where has this year gone already?!

Today I have on Strawberries and Champagne and Bubblicious.

I took a trip to the Yankee Store today to spend a gift card I had. I got an electric burner and am trying it out right now. I also got some Vanilla Lime and Sun and Sand in the small jars. That Vanilla Lime is very nice!!

momuvtwo--I can sympathize with the melting day you are having. I had one of those recently and felt like screaming. Can't think why all your tarts are smoking. Were they all from the same company or something? It's always hard to figure out just what is going on. Hope the evening goes better for you.

momuvtwo said

I"m having one of those days that candles are looking pretty good, but all I have in the house are holiday candles.....I'm almost tempted to take a field trip to the Yankee store! lol

If you were around here I would give you one of the 35 jar candles I have (just counted) I feel so pitiful. It's not like The candles are going to run out in the stores. Melting lots of fruit smells now. Just lovely.

Cheryl

Guest Anonymous

No, you did not miss anyting....maybe I did!! I was a little shocked, but I am doing better now. I just found out last week! Due about 11/19/08. Last time I had one, I almost died...so hopefully this one is better.

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a great weekend...mine was very busy with work.

I am finishing Pink velvet cake from cys , tuscadero's coconut bubble and mango papya in the kitchen..sounds like there was alot of buying this weekend..I got in another ioe order, and will be hitting Bissy's boutique tonight or tomorrow.

Have a nice evening:)

Put on Crosscreek Sweet Tarts earlier and it does not smell like sweet tarts to me! It more like a fizzy pop/7-up scent. It was really strong and gave me a headache so I had to dump it. Not what I was expecting for sweet tarts. Notmally those types of scents do not bother me, but maybe it is because I am pregnant? Who knows!!

Congratulations Christy!!!

Cheryl - 35? Way to go. I'm afraid to count mine. For me, the candles came before the melts, and they are still here. I love them all.

I try to use up some inventory, but then I feel like I need to replace them.

It's so much fun. [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Hartshorn - Congratulations!

Love YC Vanilla Lime too.

Guest Anonymous

Hartshorn, Congratulations on the baby news!

I just went to a baby shower this last week-end for my friends daughter. I took her the cutest candles in baby jars. We just left the regular labels on these with the organic vegtables, and fruits. I ordered pink, blue, and white ones in baby powder.

I still have on my Dune melts up stairs, but down stairs we wanted something different. We put on Orange chile pepper vanilla in the LR, and Blueberry cobbler in the kitchen.

[smilie=th_clap1]

karla [smilie=th_326db8b3]

Yeah, how brave to count your candles, cheryl! Mine are so pretty that I never want to burn them!

Tonight is blackberry sage from Soybean Scentsations

Congrats hartshorn!!! [smilie=th_326db8b3]

When I was pregnant I HATED any strong smells during the first few months, even ones I normally liked, so I feel for you...hope this phase passes quickly!

Today I'm melting Orange Sherbet from Crosscreek and burning two candles, Key Lime Pie and Orange Chiffon Cake from Bella's. My son is sick so I don't want to overwhelm him too much with a lot of scents.

[smilie=th_slider_congratulations] hartshorn! Hope you have a smooth, uneventful pregnancy.

Still melting Buttercream Crunch in the kitchen, but need to change it out. Just haven't decided what yet. Melting Pomegranate from Candle Haven upstairs and am going to put Tuscan Lace from Bella's in the MB as soon as the melter is ready.

Hartshorn congratulations!

I was completely sickened by everything that smelled during my second child hope this is not you. Great for your pocketbook. But, sad.

It's not that I like to have so much inventory on hand I just burn it melt it and must buy more. Who am I kidding I'm not explaining any candle/melt obsession to any of you candle junkies. I'm an addict. Now stick that in your 12 step program.

respectfully

Cheryl

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!! I was so sure that I was not having anymore kids that I got rid of EVERYTHING!!! Last time I got toxemia at the end and the mid wifes let me go a little too long. I ended up with pneunomia in both lungs, congestive heart failure, staph infection in my c-section site, and influenza A. Needless to say, I was in ICU for 4 days and spent 19 or 21 days in the hospital. So later on a might need a little "blue!"

Guest Anonymous

I am melting Crosscreek's Peanut Butter Fudge Brownine, or something like that! It is SOOOO GOOD!!! It is smelling up the whole house!!! This is a great thrower for anyone who likes these types of scents!

Decided on Angie's Amish Quilt for the kitchen/LR. This is my first time melting Tuscan Lace and it smells really nice. Kind of perfumy/floral like with a powdery base. I don't usually like anything perfumy or floral, but this is nice and not too heavy. Perfect for a bedroom. Have a good night, everyone! [smilie=th_aa20]