The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Guest Anonymous

Still working on Baton Rouge at home....day two (maybe 10-12 hours) still great!

At work, Island Heat by Tuscadero's and Berries-n-Buttercream by Angie's.

This morning my Salty Sea Air and Orange Chiffon from Crosscreek were still going strong, so I left them on. I also melted Caramelized Bananas last night but DH hated it so it got dumped. Guess I'll just have to melt it when he's not around or maybe combine it with a cinnamon tart - maybe that'll take the edge off the very strong banana note.
:P

The YC sparkling lemon was disappointingly mild! Anybody know how much Mia Bella tarts are?

My rep charges $9.95 a bag (10 tarts a bag)...

Guest Anonymous
This morning my Salty Sea Air and Orange Chiffon from Crosscreek were still going strong, so I left them on. I also melted Caramelized Bananas last night but DH hated it so it got dumped. Guess I'll just have to melt it when he's not around or maybe combine it with a cinnamon tart - maybe that'll take the edge off the very strong banana note.

I also find that the carmelized bananas scent is really strong and it bothers me when I melt that one.

Maybe combining it with a vanilla might make it less in your face strong...

I didn't pick anything yet to replace the other two I had on earlier. I got sidetracked. lol

I'm cooking ham and bean soup with the Easter leftovers. Smells good on it's own. But not with my tropical morning.

I changed scents to Barn Candles Special which is Apple, cinnamon, orange, etc. better combination.

Tonight will be bodacious blueberry by Nene's.

Mommy

I love Painted Lady. It is one of those I always make sure I have on hand. It reminds me a lot of Paradise, though I think I like it better. [smilie=The_Hi]

Your scents in Cheryl's order are all good ones for me. I hope you will like the Apricot Vanilla as that is another I don't like to get too low on.

Today I am burning CCS Arvilla's Kitchen...this is one of my favorite bakery scents...in the comp room. In the LR it is Sex on the Beach from Donna's, and in the kitchen it is a new one from Cheryl called Banyun Fruit and Vetiver. A lime-ish scent with green undertones...not for the weak of heart, but i am liking it. :P

Guest Anonymous

Split I was actually getting ready to put the apricot one upstairs but do you recommend letting her tarts cure for awhile after receiving them or do you usually consider them "good to go"?

Mine were all very fresh when they arrived and all have been good to go. Sometimes on the lighter scents I do let them sit a bit as my nose has trouble with them from burning strong scents all the time...but I have not had a problem with this one. She does do mine really strong though. I do hope it works for you because I just love it. I am trying a different apricot this time and it is apricot sorbet..but i haven't had a chance to try yet. 90% of my order this time was new scents for me so it is taking a bit to get to them plus the other new places I have received from lately. Addiction has its drawbacks...but who would want it any other way. LOL!!!

Guest Anonymous

I have been melting Bella's palm wax Grandma's Kitchen. It is the zuchinni bread and pumpkin pie combo. It is SOOOO GOOD!!! My husband was so excited last night, he thought I was baking! :P Had to give him the big let down.

Guest Anonymous

Split i have it melting upstairs and it smells odd. I don't smell apricot or vanilla but rather kind of a chemical type of smell. Nothing like what I smell on the other tarts.

On yours is it more of an apricot or a vanilla or a good blend of both. I don't think mine are what they are supposed to be.

I also find that the carmelized bananas scent is really strong and it bothers me when I melt that one.

Maybe combining it with a vanilla might make it less in your face strong...

I didn't pick anything yet to replace the other two I had on earlier. I got sidetracked. lol

I think I'm definitely going to try that - thanks rembran!! [smilie=The_Hi]

The Crosscreek Salty Sea Air was still going strong when I got home today in the 25w melter so I decided to leave it in for now. It's the first mild day in a while so it fits...however they're predicting snow for Friday...ARRRRGGGHHH! Anyway this is more than 24 hours for this tart so I'm doing very well with it.

I also threw in some Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Crosscreek and lit a Pumpkin Spice candle from Texas Scentsations.

Have a great night everyone!

Guest Anonymous

I think I'm definitely going to try that - thanks rembran!! :P

The Crosscreek Salty Sea Air was still going strong when I got home today in the 25w melter so I decided to leave it in for now.

Have a great night everyone!

You are most welcomed! I love the Salty Sea Air too!!

Tonight I went with HoT Blueberry Danish Blast and Mookie Blueberry Dream. I am in a blueberry mood. lol

I've had aroma soy's vanilla cream in my bedroom all day and it's still going strong. I really like this one. In my living room, it's yc's rose of morocco.

But, now my house smells like bubble bath, since I have all 3 of my boys in the tub. They'd been outside for a few hours playing, and boy, were they stinky! LOL! They're soaking in b&bw's tuberose bubble bath. It smells divine!

Orange from Texas Scentsations - really like this.

Blueberry something from Lure Beauty.

I've got to clean out the other melters and then get them going.

Mommy

I have always smelled a blend, but in this instance, for me, the vanilla seems to carry the apricot and I smell it the most. I don't know what to tell you. Sometimes, when you want them strong this can happen. Maybe it will settle down when some has burned off. Do you notice any vapor coming off the burn? This often happens in really strong starts. Don't stop and then start it up again as even when sitting it will try to scent the surrounding area.

Peach from any vendor, except CCS, does the chenical thing for me as well. So I tend to stay away more often than not from that scent.

It would not hurt to contact her, unless you want to let them sit abit. But this is not a house blend so it really shouldn't matter.

I still have my pink velvet cake from CYS going..I like this pink sugar blend..straight pink sugar gives me a headache after awhile, while I love it..it (for me anyway) needs to be cut with something else..this is my 3rd day with this in a tealight burner...if you haven't already please try her tarts..they are strong, soy, and long lasting.

I have bellas buckeyes in the kitchen going..had to cut it in half..it was one of those huge ones.

Guest Anonymous
I have YC midnight jasmine going, but since I just finished sauteeing onions and ground beef, it's fighting an uphill battle!

I just smelled this today in my 'scratch n' sniff' YC catalog - I was IN LOVE with it! I don't buy Yankee candles anymore, but I have to admit I was slightly tempted to head to the nearest Hallmark for this one.....I liked the violet one too!

Guest Anonymous
I still have my pink velvet cake from CYS going..I like this pink sugar blend..straight pink sugar gives me a headache after awhile, while I love it..it (for me anyway) needs to be cut with something else..this is my 3rd day with this in a tealight burner...if you haven't already please try her tarts..they are strong, soy, and long lasting.

I have bellas buckeyes in the kitchen going..had to cut it in half..it was one of those huge ones.

Well, since you put it THAT way (you know that enabling way) I guess I have to order from CYS now.....

Well, since you put it THAT way (you know that enabling way) I guess I have to order from CYS now.....

moi enable??? maybe just a tiny bit:) shhhhhhhh no one else needs to know lol