The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Spook-tacular October Aromas!

I'm new to the whole tart thing, and I just got my first order ever, from Spotted Hog, and I am melting.... Sleepy Hollow :)

Lionqueen - SH was one of the first places I ordered from after discovering CF, too. I think you'll be happy U ordered. [smilie=th_yahoo] Sleepy Hollow sounds like the perfect autumn scent!

I'm melting CrossCreek's Tricky Treats. Placed a small order with Deana to try some of her new autumn scents. Psssst [smilie=th_thsecret] ...she said she's getting ready to put up some new holiday ones. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Debra--No, I haven't used the lamp on any smaller candles yet. Just the regular large jars from Yankee and Village. It says on the instructions that it will work with most 12-26 oz jar candles so I don't think anything too small will work.

I was at Marshall's today and they had a whole bunch of Christmas candles in--I came away with a total of 6 candles--3 Yankee and 3 Village--tax and all $58--not bad if you ask me. These were all large jars.

Tonight I have on Yankee Christmas Cookie.

Lionqueen - did you get the Spotted Hog Halloween sampler? I've sniffed Sleepy Hollow but haven't melted that one yet. I'm waiting for it to be chillier here.

Speaking of... it's still warm here so I've got the window cracked, enjoying the fresh air and being serenaded by my neighbor's leaf blower. It's pitch dark outside! [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

I'm melting SH Vampire's Vanilla Pound Cake. Mmmm!

Hhhhmmmmm....Sleepy Hollow sounds like an interesting scent...I am intrigued!

Melting:

Apricot Oatmeal Cookies and Plain Jane Cupcakes both from Mookie Doodle

LLVV and CBgirl - Belated Birthday Wishes!

Busymom - Amish Apple from Can-Do is amazing!

Aria - I love Crossroads candles as well. They require little wick maintenance and burn great!

smiley1961.gif

This evening I'm melting CFTKR - Country Fair Strudel.

Jules--I didn't see any Colonial--there were some of the Yankee World scents--not many but it can change from day to day. It was mostly Village and Yankee. Nancy

Thanks, Nancy. I'm looking for a Gold Frankincense and Myrrh. I'll give it a few more weeks.

LOL - Fireside still going this morning

added Candles made from Soy - Forest Pine

I'm off to see what needs doing at my Mom's house. th_sml29.gif

Starting the day off with CCCC- Carnival Cravings- waiting for it to get going this a.m.

Upstairs is Baton Rouge from CCCC as well. Second time melting this one. I really like it.

Have a great day!

Karrie

I've got Lasting Scents little black dress going. It's really strong! The Halloween Carnival was great, and I've got another one to go to on Sunday. This is the Fall Festival at my church.

Hi buddies! [smilie=th_autumboy]

It's 37 degrees here this morning. We broke down and turned the heater on.

I'm melting the oh-so-fabulous Deja Vu from Can-Do to help warm up the place.

Gail

Good Morning! smiley1405.gif

I have the day off, but I'll be keeping busy.

Starting off this morning with Coffee Cake & Spice from Carol.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! t9806.gif

This afternoon it is Yankee Vanilla Cupcake under my lamp and my collector's jar of Spiced Pumpkin lit in the bath. I am thinking that those who have said the Spiced Pumpkin has no scent are right. I really don't care as I don't much care for this scent and the jar is so pretty it will be fine just for the light.

Here is an update on the candle lamp. This morning after my three wick 14.5 oz BBW Caribbean Candle had melted across the top I decided to stick it under the lamp and see how it would do as it is a fairly short candle. After an hour there was a faint throw and it had kept the top melted but that was it. So I took the lid from the jar and placed it on the base of the lamp ( the base does not get hot) and that lifted the candle about 1/2". Then it formed a one inch melt pool and threw like crazy. If the candle you use is tall, even if the wax is down quite a bit the jar apparently acts as a chimney to help heat the wax because my Yankee Autumn Fruit is down a lot and it starts melting immediately and we all know Yankee wax is much harder than Slatkin wax so the height of the jar is definitely a factor with this lamp. The light from the lamp is what sets it apart for me from other large jar candle warmers because you get the effect of a flame without it actually being lit.

I also bought a new large jar crock style warmer. You can get them now that heat from the sides rather than the bottom and you get scent right away instead of after the entire candle has melted. Just a bit of info for anyone who can't or doesn't want to have an actual flame.

LLVV and CBgirl - Belated Birthday Wishes!

Busymom - Amish Apple from Can-Do is amazing!

Aria - I love Crossroads candles as well. They require little wick maintenance and burn great!

smiley1961.gif

This evening I'm melting CFTKR - Country Fair Strudel.

Denny, I KNEW there was another Crossroads fan here! It's you! Awesome emoties! yahoo-messenger-hidden-emoticons-sk.gif

Melter #1 - Crosscreek's Hayride...love it!

Melter #2 - Swan Creek's Walk in the Woods...holy moly strong!

Also have a YC Autumn Leaves jar burning

Smelling very earthy and fall like in here right now!

ccdd4617.gifHave a wonderful afternoon! I'm going to go brew a cup of coffee and relax for a few minutes before I have to pick up DS#1 from band practice.

Denny, I KNEW there was another Crossroads fan here! It's you! Awesome emoties! yahoo-messenger-hidden-emoticons-sk.gif

Melter #1 - Crosscreek's Hayride...love it!

Melter #2 - Swan Creek's Walk in the Woods...holy moly strong!

Also have a YC Autumn Leaves jar burning

Smelling very earthy and fall like in here right now!

ccdd4617.gifHave a wonderful afternoon! I'm going to go brew a cup of coffee and relax for a few minutes before I have to pick up DS#1 from band practice.

Whoops! Ignore the above post by me...not sure what I did..I thought I hit reply???

Anyway, not melting anything today or last night since my daughter was sick with the yucky tummy thing and didn't want to make her feel worse with any foody type scents. She is much better today but I am making apple butter so my house is smelling pretty good right now. Hopefully later I will burn a candle. Sometimes I can't wait for my meals or whatever I am cooking to get done so I could light a candle or tart. ( I don't melt or burn anything while cooking because it seems to compete) Am I sick or what???

Gail, 37 deg?? Wow, here in the northeast is was 74 degrees today and quite muggy! Will have to check into FM again.

Happy belated birthdays to all who had them. I noticed some while scanning through past posts.

Enjoy your day all!

All these Halloween emoties are SO cute! This has probably been asked before [smilie=th_pardon]....but, where do ya'll get em?

I'm melting SH's Gobin Sin-o-mon Cake and burning ACG's Aunt Kooks Apple Cider candle.

edited to make sense [smilie=th_foolish1]

Trep, you're a wealth of information! [smilie=goodposting]

Yep, I also love all the cute emoties!

Anjoy, 37 was our low today. It got up to a high of, oh, 65 or 70 maybe. Plunging down to 39 tonight. I suspect the long hot desert summer is officially over. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

I'm melting FM's Lime Marshmallows. It's really yummy and almost too strong. Not quite though, not quite. [smilie=th_sml29]

Gail

Hi All!

Tarts:

Cranberry Chestnuts & Brown Sugar - CFTKR

Frosted Sugar Cookie - CFKTR

Happy Birthday Cupcake - CFTKR

Candles:

Beware! - YC

Pumpkin Patch - YC

[smilie=th_slider_bigsleep] Good Night friends!!

It was a FULL and busy day today, but I am enjoying the evenings scent of Grannys Apple from Can Do...amazing scent!!

Sleep well and I will see you all tomorrow!!

All these Halloween emoties are SO cute! This has probably been asked before [smilie=th_pardon]....but, where do ya'll get em?

Sweet&Spicey - I get my emoties from free websites such as:

http://www.smilys.net

http://smileys.on-my-web.com

http://www.pic4ever.com (a nice variety here, but not really seasonal)

Hope that helps. winking-pumpkin.gif

Not melting or burning right now. Getting ready to call it a night.

Thanks again, Trep! I really do not need another candle toy, but... [smilie=th_c032]

Tonight is OMG - Trick or Treat. This is really, really strong.