The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

Early this Friday morning it was Early Sunrise from YC--two wick candle. Now it is Macintosh oil, Macintosh votive and Apple Cider votive plus a small Slatkin Cranberry Woods candle. It is finally a more fallish day here--still a bit warm but nice for the local high school homecoming parade and game later today. Have a great weekend everyone. I am going to Yankee for the $1 votives and to exchange a bunch of large jars for two wicks.

LLVV and Debra:

The melter I was talking about that shuts off after eight hours was from Can-do. I also bought some of Donna's metal melting pans to use with it. Earlier this summer, when hot weather was at its peak, if I left the melter on so long that it shut off, I would have to wait as long as a day and a half before it would turn on again. I'm guessing the internal temperature had to cool down to a certain point? Anyway, I really do like the melter and feel safer using it, but I do wish it came with a reset button.

This morning I have been melting Can-Do country store, but I had to turn it off for a bit because it was getting so strong! My DD was having some asthma problems, and I wanted to be sure the smell didn't aggravate her lungs. The scent is really lovely and spicey, but I think a faint aroma of it would be just absolutely perfect!

CMarie, I hope everything gets better and better for you! And Aria, I hope you don't blow away! Ouch, Gail, still a 103 F out this time of year?!?

Hi all! Today I'm melting Spice Cake from Better Homes & Gardens. I found some clamshell melts of these at Wal-Mart today for $2 each. Just got two to try out, the Spice Cake and the Pumpkin Pie Spice. Didn't have high hopes even though they smelled great cold. But wow! This Spice Cake is really good and has a great throw! I'm impressed!

Aria, I crown you "Queen of Cute Emoties!" [smilie=th_e030]

Gail

Aww, shucks! smil_blush.gif I have so many that I have collected over the years....glad to be able to share them!

LLVV and Debra:

The melter I was talking about that shuts off after eight hours was from Can-do. I also bought some of Donna's metal melting pans to use with it. Earlier this summer, when hot weather was at its peak, if I left the melter on so long that it shut off, I would have to wait as long as a day and a half before it would turn on again. I'm guessing the internal temperature had to cool down to a certain point? Anyway, I really do like the melter and feel safer using it, but I do wish it came with a reset button.

This morning I have been melting Can-Do country store, but I had to turn it off for a bit because it was getting so strong! My DD was having some asthma problems, and I wanted to be sure the smell didn't aggravate her lungs. The scent is really lovely and spicey, but I think a faint aroma of it would be just absolutely perfect!

CMarie, I hope everything gets better and better for you! And Aria, I hope you don't blow away! Ouch, Gail, still a 103 F out this time of year?!?

candlefan, yes, that is a strong one from Donna...have you tried her Country Inn scent? It's spicy, but a bit more mellow I think. LOL...no chance of this girl blowing away! rotfl2.gif

Okay, I have been cleaning house all day and just a bit ago I put on a fresh pot of coffee and Carol's Fall Festival. I am now relaxing before I head off to [smilie=th_blij80] and get ready for dinner.

Have a great Friday night everyone! thtgif.gif

[smilie=th_hello] Everyone!

Yesterday 1st day of autumn was hot over here too!! It was 90, crazy huh for the 1st day of autumn. Lol. Well have today off from work, Yey!! and you would think for having such an unsual friday off that i would take advantage to chill and relax but im over here doing chores. What a loser huh? Lol. Hey gotta get it done and trying to do it today so i wont have to do it over the weekend. :D But its nice to be able to have today off. :)

Melting my 1st Nene's melts:

Nene Purely Pear- I have tried another pear scent before and didnt like it so thought i wouldnt like any pear scents but this had surprise me and prove me wrong about pear scents becuz this smells awesome both cold sniff and melting! Like it!

Nene Tropical Fusion- Like it with decent scent throw. So far so good for me with Nene melts. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Happy Melting everyone!

[smilie=th_hello] Everyone!

What a loser huh? Lol. Hey gotta get it done and trying to do it today so i wont have to do it over the weekend.

Nah...if your a looser...so am I! [smilie=th_december2201661-1] I end up doing chores everytime I have a day off...oh the fun!!! I also know what you mean about Pear scents, SweetTart! I am on the hunt for the perfect Spiced Pear scent. The original YC had it, but the redone SP is slightly different and it's just not the same. I really don't want a fresh pear scent so I will continue the hunt... [smilie=th_BringItOn]

Melting:

Bear Claw/Fall Festival cuttable muffin from CFTKR

Three Muskateers from LOL [smilie=cloud_9]

Hi!

I went to YC today to see if I could hunt down their new Christmas candles. All I can saw is eeewwwwhhhhhhh. The only 2 I cared for were Peppermint Swirls which I bought last year (in white wax) and Frosty Air. Frosty Air smelled good cold. Now it's melting and it is making me sick to my stomach. I was thinking it would be a cross between Jack Frost and Peppermint Cocoa. I don't know what it is, but something about this scent isn't agreeing with me. I think I'll return the jar I bought since I can't stand the tart. Bleh...hunting for a tart from Carol now.

That is too bad, LL! I noticed that B&BW has some of their Christmas scented candles out - it is Twisted Peppermint time again! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

Gail - Whoowie - no joke? It will be that hot? :wacko:

Tonight's melt is one called Flirt - pretty pink, nice bag, no vendor name.

Tonight is another new one from Scentsy; Gingersnap. It's really yummy and has a great throw! I put the final touches on my fall decorating today. I can pretend it's fall inside, but as soon as I step outside, I'm forced back to reality. I don't think these triple digits will ever leave us. <_<

Very busy day! Overnight melt is CCCC Pink Loco Moco. Melted earlier CFTKR Vanilla Pumpkin Cream. Loved that one. Old one from Carol and unfortunately not listed now.

Starting my day out with two candles--Mainstays Vanilla three wick--great scent and throw and BBW Frosted Cupcake. I am heading to the mall to exchange a bunch of my large Yankee jars for two wicks and will also hit BBW for their sale. It is to be a lovely fall day here--finally cooling down. Yeah!! [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

It's a beautiful Fall day..I love it...but we still need rain.

I'm doing some Saturday cleaning and just started my melting. AMS Apple Cinn. Zuch. Bread is in the spotlight and does it smell wonderful. I also have a votive going from Colonial-Spiced Pumpkin I think.. I'm not getting much smell from this one. I hope y'all enjoy your day.. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Good morning!

Debra, last night I ordered a ton of BBW's Christmas scents. Guys, if you like their candle, they have a huge sale going on now. The code is SEPTHX You get 20% off your whole order and if you spend $50+ you get free shipping.

Today is a better YC day. I'm melting White Christmas. It smells like Christmas to me. I love it and it's not my usual kind of scent. I think I'll get a jar of this one. I'm also melting Mistletoe & Fig. I love this one!!! It's a lighter scent but so yummy! Sort of like a bakery fruit scent but not exactly.

I also took a chance and bought Target's tea lights. I love them! Not as fancy as YC's but they seem to be working very well. This will make my tart burning so much cheaper...yippie!!!

I'm also burning BBW's Caramel Apple and YC's Trick or Treat.

Happy Saturday!

I also took advantage of the candle sale at BBW yesterday. I got Caramel Apple and Creamy Pumpkin.

Right now I am melting CCCC Buttermilk Pancakes and Maple Pecan Struesel and CFTKR Buttermilk Pancakes. I am burning Crossroads Country Breakfast and CBV Carmelized Pralines.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Aria said re: Can-Do's Country Store

candlefan, yes, that is a strong one from Donna...have you tried her Country Inn scent? It's spicy, but a bit more mellow I think. LOL...no chance of this girl blowing away!

Thanks for the tip, Aria! Country Store is a beautiful scent, and I predict that when it mellows out a bit I can melt it with no problems. I rather like spicey scents now and then, especially during Autumn months, but my kids complain when I have them going. I think they prefer fresh and bakery scents. Sadly, my melting hobby must necessarily extend to the needs and preferences of my dear family members. But, hey, they are worth it! [smilie=th_sml29]

Burning Autumn Fruit and Macintosh both from YC and both double wicks. Great scent throw on both of these, not sure if its the double wicks or not, but both are burning beautifully!

Debbie

HI all,

Very busy day here. I've been in and out a lot and getting ready to go again. I've still got Can-Do's Citrus Zinger going strong.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Gail

Hi all! Today I'm melting Spice Cake from Better Homes & Gardens. I found some clamshell melts of these at Wal-Mart today for $2 each. Just got two to try out, the Spice Cake and the Pumpkin Pie Spice. Didn't have high hopes even though they smelled great cold. But wow! This Spice Cake is really good and has a great throw! I'm impressed!

I've tried find the melters as well as the clams people keep talking about. But dang it I don't seem to be finding them at our walmart. Where are you guys finding them?