The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

e5a5e89c51b5818df2d4507e10a1ff1b.gifGood Morning....rainy day here....blech.

Can-Do ~ Cast Iron Cookies...yum

Almost Country ~ Homespun Sugar....light, but also yum

trep, Oh boy, I hope my B&BW has tarts in the new scents too!

debra & TW, I think I had a Green Apple Cotton Candy sample from either Carol or Deana and I thought it smelled really good....not a burned maple smell at all.

sillys, would love to see a little p0rn of your new melter....withacherryontop.gif

edited to say I just went and looked at the scent description on Carol's site.....It does have caramel and maple in it! I don't remember it being unpleasant at all....

"This Green Apple Cotton Candy fragrance begins with top notes of tart granny smith apples and creamy butter; followed by a middle note of caramel sauce; sitting on base notes of vanilla, maple, and spun sugar."

Jason, what a nice gift from your mom. do enjoy. do you also do melts? for some reason, I was thinking you mostly do all candles.

Denim, OMG No! I think that one is right up there with the Italian dinner parmesan melt, the burning rubber tart, and lest we forget the baby barf/rancid butter buttercreams. how awful! eww. How are the rest of the tarts from Dew Drop?

starting this am with CCCC Monster Munch. so strong and yum. also burning CBV breakfast in Vermont

CFTKR-tropical white musk in bedroom

CBV-Sophie Belle candle in bath

have a good day, all

DewDrop Scents - the first ones i got from her were exellent (especially the creme brulee). This last batch I got had no scent to any of them and the creme brulee was rancid. I will never get anymore from her. A waste of 35.00.

Happy Sunday Everyone!

It looks like kind of a dark and damp day here. We will be heading out this afternoon to DD's apartment in Manhattan. For now I have burning GC Spiced Eggnog. I really like this scent.

[smilie=th_00000020]

maggie, love your new avatar and I can tell I have those eyes and mind that aren't quite in focus after 13 hrs. at first I read' melting Cheryl's underwear'. LOL then I read that sweet couldn't 'smell any f*rt. :?

[smilie=th_12E9EC16] Susan - that would be just fiiiiiiiine with me! :lol: [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Melting HOT's Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream. Or something like that. The kitties luv playing with those empty tart cups and I already gave it to them to play hockey with.

[smilie=th_00000020]

This morning I'm melting 2 of Carol's tarts...Cafe Creme de Liquor (love it sooo much) and Strawberry Crunch (another loved scent). I don't have any candles going right now.

Nene's Orange coconut Cream Torte is melting away in my kitchen, and is filling the whole house with a delicious scent. This is the first time that I melted this. Wow, I'll be ordering more!emoticon_writting_by_sarasarinski.gif

starting off with Kettle Corn from Can-Do.....this is a good one and also my last one...I'll be glad to see Feb get here where I can get more of this!

Starting out the morning with Carol's SUgar me Blue and then at game time i will be lighting a Busy Bee Woodwick Blue Sugar Candle. Sillysmom: we're excited for the Colts/Jets game this afternoon. Let's see-- Colts 24 Jets 10. Have a great day everyone.

I'm burning an ancient Rose & Ivy candle from Yankee. It really smells terrific.

It is another stormy day here in my area. I plan on watching football all afternoon. Kim - I also hope the Colts win. I actually hope they demolish the Jets. I still haven't forgotten SuperBowl 3 when the Jets won. I'm wearing my Brett Favre jersey today. I am hoping it will be the Colts & the Vikings in the SuperBowl.

slpit - Fragrant Memories, huh? Another new one to me. I luv banana nut bread. What others from here have U tried & liked? [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

It's a dreary, rainy weather day here, too. Ugh. Have changed to McCalls Country Store, and it's SO good. More on the moderate side, but the wonderful scent more than makes up for it. [smilie=th_00000020]

Sweet:

www.fragrantmemoriescandleshoppe.com

Freeship today only use Free as code on $35 or more. Also with $35 you get 12 free fluted tarts..but in the same scent.

I have liked...Banana Nut Bread, Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Sticky Orange Buns, Citrus Poundcake, and Biaes Fouettes (tart berries, touch of coconut and whipped cream..this is moderate but just right for this scent and the throw was big at my house). All that I tried so for that I ordered. Her perfume is nice as well and is made with perfumers alcohol and is not oily. I got the Egyptian Dragon and it was superb.

Some others I have but have not tried are: Pink Sugar, Give a Peace Sign, Buttery Blueberry Cake, White Cake, Maple Glazed Donuts. It was my first order.

Thanks for your investigation, aria! That sorta explains it, doesn't it? Now if they could just balance those notes.

Today's scent is Juniper Freesia by Sandy's Candle Scentsations

Today's candles are:

YC Amond Cookie

YC Lemon Chiffon (very light...this has been burning for 2 days and we can barely smell it even when standing right over it. I'll be taking it back to the YC store).

Patriot candles Cookie Crunch

I'm melting:

CFTKR - Pastry Delights

BG - Lemon Merigue Twang

Silly, I'm planning a trip to YC sometime during the week. Is it worth the drive? Last time I was there the shelves were empty.

All different scents this afternoon....no football for me, but DH will be watching :shock: I love baseball and hockey, but cannot stand watching football for some reason.

Upstairs ~ Bella's Hey Sugar...toppoints.gif

downstairs ~ Almost Country's Citrus Splash....toppoints.gif

good afternoon all.

everyone who is watching those games, enjoy. I am not a football (or any sport other than the olympics which I never miss) but what I do love is the enthusiasm and joy that others get from tailgaiting and having parties at their houses to watch the sunday games with lots of snackies and friends. It's Bengal territory here..but if I tripped over one of the players, I wouldn't know who they were.

interesting about the maple in the cotton candy. I recently got a freebie from her in this scent and did not smell like the bag I had ordered at all. this was fun, fruity and could really smell the green apple. the other one even on cold sniff I got that odd smell.

Denim, sorry you had a bad experience the second time around. almost makes it more disappointing because after a good first order, we do tend to spend more. bummer.

CFTKR-sticky toffee pudding-LR

CFTKR-coconut milk and lavender in the BR

Melting from Can-Do applesauce cake and Honey Gingerbread. May have to turn them off they are competing with the chicken I'm roasting.