The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

I have been melting this afternoon B & B Slakin 3 wick candle in Leaves scent. This was a Christmas gift from my sister. It smells wonderful. I have not bought any candles from B & B for a long time but often but wallflower and scentport. scents..

DH has fired up the grill because it is 50% outside. We're having filet wrapped in bacon, baked potatoes and salad. I can't wait.

Tunisian, I melt tarts all the time. I just burn alot of candles, too! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Mpfand, believe it or not, I got the same exact one that was reviewed here on CF, only in brown instead of taupe. Don't know if you've seen that review, but there is a pic of it there if you haven't.

For the evening, I'm melting YC Cinnamon Stick and Scentsy Cinnamon Cider. Too early to tell how the Cinnamon Cider will be. Also burning YC Oatmeal Cookie and Colonial Apple Orchard.

Thank you all so much for your kind words. You all really are a great bunch of folks, and I am so proud to post with you.bear-176.gif

Can I just tell you a funny story? I told you about how much of a prankster Jim was but a few years ago he put our phone number in the Bulletin Board. The ad said we had pot belly pigs and snakes for sale!lol-031.gif

Of course it's funny now, but back then...not so much! Our phone rang off the hook!smiley-shocked003.gif

I HAD to get him back. Alabama and Auburn are big rival football college teams. Of course Jim liked Alabama and we liked Auburn. So one night before we headed to his house, I stopped at the store and got some fake snow spray paint. I painted a big AU on his front lawn. smiley-taunt014.gif He couldn't do anything but laugh when he discovered it the next day.smiley-taunt013.gif

Thanks for letting me share......

So I am melting Can Do Dad's Cucumber and Cream. I cannot wait for them to reopen!

Have a great rest of the weekend.emoticon-object-099.gif

[smilie=th_1_bigone110] Sharon! Great memories for you to treasure as well...

I've been melting Busy Bee's Banana Ivy for most of the afternoon. It's winding down now but sure has been goooood!

Gail

Chelsea, good to see you.

Kim, enjoy your yummy dinner. great to be able to grill in Jan.

Sharon, such fun memories you have; can see why you will so miss him.

I have only had green apple cotton candy from one other vendor that is a fav. of mine. It was so goodness awful, I could not even get through 1 melt and had to throw the rest of the bag out. I think she has recently gone to another supplier for this oil because I got it as a freebie recently and it smelled just like it is supposed to-nice and fruity with that cotton candy. I cannot even describe the other one. Had such a strong smell of something that is hard to describe. almost like a heavy maple (kind of like the smell of how burned maple syrup would smell). maybe they used the same supplier?

switched out just the LR melter now before work to CFTKR pastry delights. this has next to no aroma at all-on cold sniff and when melting. maybe a bit of chocolate or something? not even sure but way too light for me.

Aria - I've had a very busy week with work, after work appointments, and helping my youngest DS prepare for his final exams. Thank you for thinking of me.

This afternoon I've been burning Gold Canyon's - Strudel & Spice. I love the baking line jars. They are so pretty. 16.gif

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.

Sharonana~ What a wonderful story!

Changed out the melters...

Cheryl's Under the Boardwalk all over. So sweet and fruity. A nice change for the cold weather.

Katz - your dinner sounds delish! It was in the upper 40's here, too and I thought it smelled like an early spring day outside.

Last melt of the day is CYS Chai-Nilla. Very light. I made pepper steak for dinner and that's kinda smelly (in a good way), but while it was cooking, I couldn't even smell any tart. I even checked to see if the melter was working. [smilie=th_friends] It was melted, but the scent is just way too light. Dinner's over and still can hardly smell it. Drat.

Everyone have a great evening. [smilie=th_goodnight]

Mpfand, believe it or not, I got the same exact one that was reviewed here on CF, only in brown instead of taupe. Don't know if you've seen that review, but there is a pic of it there if you haven't.

Yes, I saw the review and thought the melter was very pretty. Can't wait to hear what you think of Cinnamon Cider. I've melted it before and thought it was quite strong and long lasting.

For the rest of the evening it's Birthday Cake from EW.

That's good to hear, Jason. I especially like it in the fall and winter. It's a good balance of cinnamon and cider.

Hi Everyone!

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Creme de Cafe Liquore which is outstanding and burning Cinnamon Toast from YC.

What a nice day it was, almost shirtsleeve weather. Spent some time at the dog park with zillion other people that were ready to be outdoors. However, the dogs there were in a special mood - a lot of snapping and snarling that you don't usually see.

Tunisianwife - Yeppers! I bet you are right - the caramel smell could be called burned maple! Hmmm...no more of this one for me. The name of the scent though, Green Apple Cotton Candy sure sounds like it should be a drooler - perhaps I will try it from someone else.

Tonight is Cheryl's Azalea and Candle-licous' High Tide

Quick post-

Fudged up Yellow cake-LOL

Cranberry Peach Cider-Just Tarts

Cranberry Marmelade-Backroad Hobbies

Something green and minty from Huckleberry Layne

Vanilla Goddess-LOL

Have a good night all...

Good Morning!

Sharonana, sooooo sorry to hear about Jim. Remember all the wonderful times you shared and you will get through this rough time!

Jason, nice gift, and its not even your birthday!!!! You are one lucky guy!

Yesterday went out to YC and picked up the new Beehive, 1 piece ceramic tart burner, it is the cutest thing ever.

Last nights melt was Can-Do's Magnolia Raspberry, wonderfully fruity and flowery scent, nice and strong as well, definitely a reorder.

Gotta do a bit of cleaning today, they watch the Jet game!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

good morning, all. dark rainy day here. just got home from work so a good sleeping weather.

maggie, love your new avatar and I can tell I have those eyes and mind that aren't quite in focus after 13 hrs. at first I read' melting Cheryl's underwear'. LOL then I read that sweet couldn't 'smell any f*rt. [smilie=th_00000020]

melting CCCC Celtic moonspice-a fav.

Nene's sweet snow pine in the BR melter-which is always nice to fall asleep to.

have a good day all.

I was also expecting a great scent from the name of green apple cotton candy and yes, a big disappointment.

In the bedroom added Can-Do dragon's blood...one of my favorite scents.

I just put a beef stw in the oven that cooks for 8 hours, so I probably won't be adding any melts for a while!

I don't have anything melting at the moment, since we're getting ready to leave for church. But, I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I know I haven't been around much at all lately, but life has been a bit crazy. I'll try to stop by more often, I promise. [smilie=th_00000020]