The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DebbieT

January's Happy New Scents

Still burning Almond Cookie and Cookie Crunch candles. Melting SSS Sweet Country Custard in 2 melters.

Added CD's Wintermint in DS room.

Lots to catch up on - so while I read I am melting a golden oldie - Candle Haven's Sweet Maple and Wood Flowers. This tart is still very, very strong!

ilove and Susan-The Buttercream Cupcakes does have a bit of a barf smell to it. That is it exactly. I have never melted this scent from Janet only burned it. Maybe the candle makers have such a case of candle nose that they can't smell a thing.

Lots to catch up on - so while I read I am melting a golden oldie - Candle Haven's Sweet Maple and Wood Flowers. This tart is still very, very strong!

Lucky girl. That's a good one.

This morning:

Bissy's Boutique - Lime Mist

Bizzy B's - Botanical Orchard & Nectar Blooms

Melting:

Primitive Cupboards from Bella in the LR

Royal Ginger from McCalls in the FR

Cranberry Citrus from Candledippers in the K...this one is overpowering everything else. Thank goodness I LOVE it.

Have a great FRIDAY everyone!!!

good morning, all. another rainy day here.

starting out this morning with:

Haley's buttermilk pancakes

burning CBV Breakfast in Vermont

CFTKR-sugar me blue-BR

CBV Cleopatra's closet in the bath

have a good Friday, all.

*had CBV butter rum crunch going in the melter since yesterday forenoon and this morning it was still going strong. I changed it out cuz I wanted a change. that cured my 'candle bug nose' as Gail so aptly titled it. :P

Good Morning!

In a few minutes, I get to call Blue Cross and it may not be pretty.... :P [smilie=thank_you]

In the melter, I have Carol's Raspberry Zingers....oh my, this one is oh so good!! [smilie=cloud_9]

Missing a few of our CF buddies...Dabba, Denny, Sharonana and Olive.....yoo hoo.....where are you? what.gif

[smilie=th_bb20]

This morning I have-

LOL-Frosty Snow Apples

HL-Bella

SSS-Mac Apple

Cottage Hill Creations-Granny Green Apple

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Aria: I loathe dealing with insurance. Good luck!!! This is my store day so I'll be heading out in a bit. I'm melting CCCC-Pearamel. It's still going strong from yesterday and is a delicious scent. It looks like the sun is trying to peek through. I hope everyone is having a :P

DD is home sick again today - a little worse than yesterday (fever, icky cough, etc.) I don't think it's anything serious, just viral gunk that will pass, but still no fun for her....or me really.

Right now I am melting Caramel Cinnamon Latte from Crosscreek, also trying to burn Sparkling Cinnamon (2-wick medium tumbler from YC) but I actually cut one of the wicks too short a few burns ago and the darned thing hasn't been the same since. We'll see how it goes.

Still wet here in the desert today. We were actually under a tornado warning last night which is very odd for us.

Hi all! :P

Maggie, Cranberry Citrus sounds yummo. Candle Dippers has some good ones, don't they?

Aria, good luck with Blue Cross. That doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Tunisian, so good that your nose is working full time again!

Mom, I'm sorry about your DD. That sounds yukky. Hopefully she'll be on the upswing soon.

I'm melting BG's Maple & Brown Sugar. Very strong and good. The worst of the rain is over. All the schools are closed, many of the roads are impassable, some property damage here and there, but all in all, it's not too horrid. If this deluge didn't completely wash away all the seeds, we could have a spectacular spring wildflower season around here!

Have a lovely Friday, friends!

Gail

Good morning everyone.

Earlier I was melting Carol's Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee which is so good. Now I'm melting her Home for the Holidays which is a nice fruity spice type scent. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's different than YC's version which I'm happy about because I don't care for YC's version at all.

I just bought a YC candle online called Candy Slices. It's cute and sounds really good. I also bought a new tart burner (the glass butterfly one) and some more tea lights to use with the burner. I love YC's tea lights. I'm tempted to try BBB's because I always read good things about theirs but I'm so happy and trust the YC ones that I never actually make the purchase.

Good morning everyone.

Earlier I was melting Carol's Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee which is so good. Now I'm melting her Home for the Holidays which is a nice fruity spice type scent. I'm not 100% sure but I think it's different than YC's version which I'm happy about because I don't care for YC's version at all.

I just bought a YC candle online called Candy Slices. It's cute and sounds really good. I also bought a new tart burner (the glass butterfly one) and some more tea lights to use with the burner. I love YC's tea lights. I'm tempted to try BBB's because I always read good things about theirs but I'm so happy and trust the YC ones that I never actually make the purchase.

LLVV - I'm with you on the YC tealights. They are all I use. Pricey, but they are the only ones I have found that burn steady, not too hot, and last a long time. They just feel safer to me.

That Yankee Candle Lemon Scent that I talked about early in the week is called Golden Citrus.

Have a great day!

Yes, Denim...that is the one I saw also. Very pretty yellow. Too bad it doesn't have a decent throw.

Guest ilovescentedthings
That Yankee Candle Lemon Scent that I talked about early in the week is called Golden Citrus.

Have a great day!

thank you. I've never heard of that one before. Did it have the regular pretty yc lable? or is it different looking?

momof2, I haven't melted CCCC caramel cin. latte yet but the cold sniff is amazing. what I love about it is immediately I thought how the coffee smell was just like fresh ground coffee straight from the grinder; not the instant coffee puny smell. hope DD's virus passes soon and it doesn't make its way around the entire family.

Gail, glad the tail end of those awful storms are over. Now for the cleanup for those that were affected.

switched out the lr melter to CFTKR-sugared spruce. my last one from her but have more coming from CBV.

also burning Slatkin Winter

GG-high maintainence in the bath. yes, that one little cube has gone forever. Not sure how many hours total but have had it in there a couple days; not melting it at all times but much of it.

Good Morning!

In a few minutes, I get to call Blue Cross and it may not be pretty.... [smilie=th_welcometoforum] [smilie=th_hmph]

In the melter, I have Carol's Raspberry Zingers....oh my, this one is oh so good!! [smilie=cloud_9]

Missing a few of our CF buddies...Dabba, Denny, Sharonana and Olive.....yoo hoo.....where are you? what.gif

[smilie=th_bb20]

Hey Aria. I'm finally here. I've been battling a new computer this week. I need one of those Windows 7 for Dummies books.

I'm melting Psychedelic Dreams from Ten Digit Creations.It smells really good.

Food afternoon all. So glad it is Friday. Has been gloomy the last few days with heavy fog, rain, etc. We need some more sunshine. Oh well, I have the Martina McBride/Trace Adkins "Shine" concert this weekend and that will be enjoyable.

This afternoon's melts are:

LR..Orange Sticky Buns from Fragrant Memories and it is sooo good in the melter.

BizzyB's chunk candle in Caramel Maple and Candied Chestnuts.

Comp.. Pumpkin Cheesecake in the melter from Fragrant memories and this is also wonderful.

Have a great day and a great weekend. [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

I haven't been here in a bit but reading yesterday's "melting treasures" I noted that some of you have had an issue with Haley's Buttercream Cupcake.

I just received a fairly large order from her yesterday, and am a bit perplexed - don't quite know what to think. Almost 3/4 of my order pretty much smells exactly alike, regardless of the scent. They are different colors, different wax... but they all have this sickening sweetness. I tried melting the pink sugar, and it smells nothing like pink sugar and my husband gagged and complained quite loudly when he walked into the room where I was melting it. I agreed it was not pleasant.

Then I tried the buttercream. While this one did not have the odd sweet odor, it did smell rancid like someone else had mentioned. I immediately got rid of it, but the odor stuck around for a while. I don't typically have trouble with most buttercream scents, although there are some I don't care for. This was different... [smilie=th_welcometoforum]

I'm not sure what's going on with the others that all smell alike. Makes me wonder if somehow one oil contaminated a number of others? Just curious if anyone else has experienced this problem. Haley's is not new to me, although I have only ordered once before. However, that order was fine and I ordered some of the same scents this time. Just very odd...

Deezee, that is really strange. [smilie=th_welcometoforum] I'm sorry you're having an issue. I don't have any useful info, unfortunately. Just wanted to reply with my support. It's really weird that everything smells the same. There must be something going on. Are you going to contact the vendor? Keep us posted on any developments, and good luck!

I'm melting SH's Mrs. Claus Candy Cane Cookies this afternoon.

Gail

DH's birthday is tomorrow so I went shopping today and bought him an IPod touch. He is so hard to buy for and so hard to surprise, but I think this just may do it! Enjoying the delicious aroma of Oatmeal Cookies from Bella's. Hope everyone is having a great Friday!