The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
denimsway

June's Jubilant Scents

Just getting back in town and spent the past couple of hours fighting ID theft. Someone opened a checking account in my name which I had to cancel. Then calls to the credit bureaus, my bank, etc. I use my bank's CC quite a bit when on the road - heck, who am I kidding? I use it quite a bit anyway. But I'm also wondering if maybe some mail was taken out of my mailbox while we were gone. Who knows. My accounts don't seem to be compromised as of right now.

Anyway, just put on Caramel Turtles - Can Do

Cyn-That is terrible! I hope your accounts stay uncompromised.

Afternoon's melt is Gain Apple Mango Tango in 2 melters by Missy's Tempting Tarts.

I am not of a fresh scent person but I LOVE this one!

Hey Cyn, sorry to hear about your credit ordeal. Many years ago before the whole internet thing, my parents had someone open up accounts in their name too. It was a big mess but everything got fixed.

I'm melting Carol's Sweet and Yummy & Maple Pecan.

Cyn....that is such a scary thing to happen

Added Honey Graham Pie Crust from Nene's. This is a favorite.

This afternoon's scent are:

K - Victorian Spice - CFTKR - A very nice kitchen spice scent

LR - Lilac - Can-Do - A very nice moderately strong scent

BR - Tropical Green Apples - CFTKR - A favorite - so good and quite strong

Bathroom - The remains of two YC Fresh Cut Roses votives.

Sorry to hear about your identity theft problems, Cyn. I hope everything gets straightened out.

Cyn, so sorry to hear about the identity theft. I work with seniors and this is a growing problem. I would also check with the Social Security Administration as if they have opened a checking account this could also be a problem for your SS# as many banks require this info to open an account. Armed with a SS# they can do a lot. I truly hope it all works out well in the end for you.

The late afternoon melts are:

K & LR....Vanilla Lime from Cheryl's

Comp room...7 Up Poundcake/Raspberry Sorbet chunk tart from Cheryl's

Have a good evening everyone.

Thanks so much, everyone. I absolutely hate this feeling. I'm locking doors behind me which we rarely do. I know we weren't physically robbed, but I feel so incredibly violated and vulnerable. Hard to describe.

Thanks for the tip, Slpit. I did not think to contact SS Admin. There are some other accounts I need to check on tomorrow for completeness' sake.

I heard the news about Farrah Faucett and Michael Jackson today. My condolences go out to their families.

I am melting:

Wildberry Zinger Tea (Sugar & Spice). Nice - I would reorder.

Flannel Sheets (Tara's). Fairly strong but maybe a bit too "clean" for me. Almost perfumey.

And started burning again:

Apple Pie (The Light Fandango)

Piggy Munch (SH)

I was out all day and when I came home I melted Baton Rouge from Crosscreek.

I thought I liked it....in fact it is a very nice scent but my nose just can't take hours and hours of scents like this and florals and cleans. Not sure why but I can only melt these types for a short while before I get overwhelmed and sick to my stomach. I guess I am one of the strange ones....Bakery and fruit...no problem...could smell them all day and night.

I really wanted to expand my scent genre because some of the names of these are sooo intriguing and pretty. I guess I am a bakery, foodie girl at heart.

Anjoymom - I don't think you're strange at all. I'm bakery gal, too, and hey....I'm not strange! :shock: 'Spose I'm opening myself up here for some good ones.... :shock: I like the CCCC's Baton Rouge, too, but a little goes a long way. I keep trying to like fresh scents and every once in a while I'll put one on, but pretty quickly replace it w/something bakery. I keep trying, tho..... [smilie=th_th1ptgno]

Cyn - that's terrible news. :shock: It's been a long time since I opened a checking acct, but don't U have to show some sort of ID to do that? Since someone did, I'm thinking not.....?

Getting a really late start today, but I'm melting Can-Do's Grandma Thompsons Secret Recipe. Smells like zucchini bread......yummers!

I don't get it either, Sweet. I've always had to show proof of ID when opening an account, even ones I've initiated online. That's what's making me wonder how elaborate this scheme is. Or if it's just something that slipped through the cracks??? And were they just going to write hot checks on the account? I dunno. It's mind boggling to me.

Good thing it was discovered cyn - how did you learn about it?

Today has been:

Harvest Glow - Lilac Blossom

Suds N Light - Butterfly Kisses

Gramma Fran - Amish Friendship Bread

Melting blue for Michael and Farrah:

Can-Do ~ Wintermint (these are blue tarts)

Also CCCC ~ Tequila Lime

AMS ~ Winter Garden

LOL ~ Raspberry Mint Jelly

Cyn, so sorry about what happened [smilie=th_bb20] .I understand what a nightmare it is. It helps to place a fraud alert with the 3 major credit bureaus. You can indicate you must be called first before new accounts are opened.

Can't believe Michael Jackson passed on.....what a shock. First Farrah and now Michael, wow. Well, melting grapefruit tart from CFTKR. Have a nice evening...

I'm in shock too. I was never a big fan of his except for when I was a young girl. However, I'm just in shock.

Tonight I'm melting CFTKR's Sweet and Yummy & Maple Pecan.

I'm burning YC's Farmer's Market.

Debra - I got an email thanking me for my business. I didn't trust the email so I went directly to the Capital One website and called a number I found there. That's how I found out about it.

Thanks for the tip, Heart. I did place that fraud alert with the credit bureaus today.

Just starting Orange Caramel Crumble from Angie's. I really like this scent and ordered a bag of it from her during her sale before last. [smilie=th_bb20]

I am burning one candle this evening-CHC Americana. I am at the Blueberry layer. It has all mixed together so its just blueberry and apple.

Guest scentedstamper

Cynthia, I am so sorry for what you are going through. DH and I just got a credit card fiasco straightened out from earlier this month. (someone in Boston had my name and CC # and made over $5000 in charges.) It is a horrible feeling and I hope your situation is resolved quickly and without further incident.

Melting: LOL OMG Sugar Cookie, EW Creme Brulee, GG Buns of Steel and MTT Cinnamon Vanilla

Have a good night. Shocking news today regarding Farrah and Michael . (and of course Ed McMahon earlier this week)

Sheryl

I am also in shock over the death of Michael Jackson.....I was a teen-ager in the early 70's and I had all his records. Still love his music to this day!

I'm melting dreamcatcher from EW and it's very good!