The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
denimsway

June's Jubilant Scents

Cyn, do you think someone got your mail? I always worry about that. It happened one time here, but was only an outgoing Netflix envelope. I'm sorry this happened to you. It's like a modern day mugging! [smilie=th_bb20]

Interesting, cyn - smart to call and not reply to the email!! Bet they got some people's info that way too...

Tonight is ending with Dreamtarts English Ivy.

My Crossroads Candle - Sugar Cookie has been going strong all evening.

Good night everyone! [smilie=th_bb20]

What happened to Cyn was horrible and a terrible personal invasion and a violation as real as if it were physical. As I stated earlier, I work with seniors and preventing identity theft is a big part of our programs. Having said that here are some tips

1. Do not sign your credit cards on the back. merchants often do not like this, but it will cause a diligent employee to ask for a picture ID before processing your card. I do this all the time.

2. Credit card companies do not call you on the phone about a problem. It is usually in writing or if you have an online account so you can view payments, charges etc you will receive a warning on your account page immediately. That happened to me when an employee at a store tried to hack into my account. They were not successful due to security measures, and a flag went up to the card company and a replacement was sent to me (all new card)

3. When you receive unsolicited calls and they begin wanting info, hang up. Never give your bank account number, SS# over the phone to a stranger. On the other hand, when you initiate the situation, hopefully you know the people at the other end are reliable. They are tricky and can get info before you know it. So hang up.

4. If the bank calls and says there is a problem, tell them you will be right there ad hang up. It probably wasn't the bank.

5. Put the minimal amount of information on your checks, where your name is. Do not list your phone number or social security number or your drivers license number. If they need an ID they can ask and if they don;t know you, they should. It is worth the little inconvenience.

6. Be careful of calls that ask if their info is correct.

7. Though it may be the socially correct thing to do.....never let a restaurant or other employee take the card and pay your bill. Keep that credit card in your hands.

I don't mean to be long winded but this is really serious stuff.

Good Morning. Cyn, Im sorry what happened to you, I sure hope you get it all fixed. Im in shock to about Michael Jackson. I grew up with his music and loved it and still do to this day. RIP Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett!

Candied Raspberries-LOL

Great tips Split!! We all need to be more cautious, thanks!!! Yes, so sad about Farrah and Michael. I loved them both in the 70's. If you haven't seen Farrah's Story, I think it's on tonight- Definitely a good documentary. CBgirl- I really like Dream Catcher, it went forever!!!. I'm melting Fairy Forest-EW, another great scent and last a long time. I hope everyone has a good day and stay hydrated.

Good Morning and happy Friday! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3]

Today's first melt is CYS Banana Berry Cream Cake....oh ma word! Delicious!

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We are going out of town....a little weekend getaway. See everyone Monday!

Control from GHBT's. This is a new favorite scent of mine. Very Musky and powdery. I don't know If I would be able to smell it at home but it is wonderful here at work. So soothing!

Cyn, so sorry to hear about your identify theft. I've only had one issue along those lines, when my cc company called me and asked if I was in the "UK yesterday?" I'm like "NO", they said someone took a $500 cash advance there. How they heck do you get a cash advance without a pin number? Anyway, of course they issued me another card and that has been that thank god! Hopefully, thats the only thing they did, and you can nip it in the bud.

Last nights melt was wonderful! Blue Gecko's Cabernet Grape Parfait, that was one grapey scent, reminded me a bit of a YC wine scent that I liked, I can't remember the name, I'll think of it. But it was definitely a reorder.

I also went through all my new stuff and split it in half. My basket is now overflowing, with the same amount put away for when I go through that. Too much out is not good for me, my basket filled is more than enough choices for me at one time. I'd get a bit frazzled to have all that some of you have out and available. I am now a happy camper, and should be on lockdown, but I still need to order from Can-Do and Carol. Then I'll be done, till omg, at least late spring???? We'll see how that goes [smilie=th_bb20]

Have a great day all!

Good day! This morning I'm melting:

CFTKR - Lady Apple

I'm also burning:

YC - Candy Hearts and Sun & Sand.

Good morning all!

Cyn-I hope you get this resolved quickly. Just remember to keep checking-I have been the victim of ID theft and am still dealing with the repercussions years later. It really gets tiresome to write yet another letter of explanation to a creditor or even have to go to court to clear this stuff up.

Just started Rock Candy-CFTKR.

Today, I am melting Cocoa Pink's Choc. Chip Mint Ice Cream.

Late last night, my son put on HOT's Coconut Cream Coffee and I planned on straigtening up a little and while putting my daughter to bed....I fell asleep! I wasted a good scent! That was my last one too....Does anyone know when or if she is re-opening?

I'm back from my two week visit in Ohio!

[smilie=th_gekkebek] Burning Crossroads Candles - Sugar Cookie. This candle is totally awesome! I love the strong scent and the throw is great! It burns nicely too. I 'm in heaven! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I found a wide selection of the 26oz size Crossroads Candles in a Smucker's Store & Cafe while driving through Amish Country in Ohio. The cold smell of Sugar Cookie was so good and incredibly strong, I had to buy it. I wrapped it in two layers of bubble wrap before putting it in my carry on bag for the flight home. I could actually smell the candle through the bag! :?

Denny!

Welcome back :P

Barbara

This morning I'm melting LOL - Dole Whip.

:P

Hi Denny,

How do you like your LOL-Dole Whip?

I was thinking about ordering that one.

:? please.

Barbara

Hi Barbita,

It's nice to be back, although I had a great time in Ohio visiting with family and friends.

As for LOL's Dole Whip - I was really liking it, but about 45mins. into the melt it began to have a waxy undertone IMO. :?

Hi Barbita,

It's nice to be back, although I had a great time in Ohio visiting with family and friends.

As for LOL's Dole Whip - I was really liking it, but about 45mins. into the melt it began to have a waxy undertone IMO. [smilie=th_gekkebek]

OHH, I hate when that happens. :P

Thank you, Barbara :?

Hi all! Been busy so this is my first chance to melt today:

K - Apple Spice & Holly - CFTKR - A favorite!

LR - Berry Patchouli - CFTKR - A favorite!

BR - Lemonade & Berries - CFTKR - Another great fruit blend from Carol - love it!

Bathroom - Blue Agave - Candle Dippers - A very nice scent but could be stronger.

Also finishing up my Colonial White Rose Truffle jar in the bath and burning my Kerry's Tropical Fruit square votive (very nice scent) in the bedroom.

Am trying out a couple of tarts I just got today in my order from Southern Stars.

LR...Raspberry Guava...outstanding. Strong and a big thrower. The sweetness of the guava really comes through on this one and it is delish!!! :?

Comp Room..Cajun Crunch Cake....A very spicy apples base....but one that I really like.