The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
DesertRose

April's Shower of Scents

Hi all,

Melting Honeydew Melon from AMS today. Ahhh, I love this scent! It's not quite as strong since I opened up the whole house to bring in the breeze, but it's a good 'un.

Sounds like we've got nice weather throughout most of the country. I'm with those of you who like the warmer weather. Maybe not roasting hot, but since I lost 40 pounds a couple years ago I'm always cold.

Have a great Sunday everybody!

Gail

Changed to Soy Lovely's Avocado Cilantro. Was waiting for a warm weather day to try

this....so, today's the day. Hard to put this in a category....definitely not bakery or spicy. Not a laundry, either. :? An avocado has a pit, doesn't it? So, would it fall into the fruit category? :P Whatever....... I like it! [smilie=th_aa17]

Cyn - I tried melting the Electric Lime at work last week and they accused me of burning old shoes! (I personally like it, but I don't think they appreciated the ginger notes!)

Today is:

Flowerbomb by Candles Melts and More

Kulu Bay by Lure

Added Haunted House from Lessie! I found a few of these in the back of my cabinet. SO glad I still have some! It just does'nt get any better than this! I sure miss her tart's!

cbgirl, how is this scent? I placed a large order with Can-Do the other day and ordered one tart in this scent to try it. I LOVE Halloween! ( :

Bedroom: NeNe's Carmel Corn--This scent smells exactly like buttery carmel corn! It's delicious!

Bedroom: GHBT--Breakfast with Grandma

Bathrooom: NeNe's Lemon Pound Cake

Living Room: GHBT Berry Sweet Cake, The Perfect Gift Sugar Cookie

Hall: ForEveryBody Frosted Lemon Cake

Fresh laundry - crosscreek

country clothesline = GHBT

Strawberry Shortcake - Dollar Store Camera

Beach Breeze - Yankee Candle

Rose and Ivey - Yankee Candle

Sweet Rose - Candles By Victoria

Just melted YC Beach Vacation and now I'm burning my Dune Grass candle for the evening. I didn't think the scent of Beach Vacation itself was that bad, although I do agree that it was more floral than one would expect. YC is usually so good about authentic scents; I wonder how they came up with that name for it. Oh well.

Back to working on my presentation... [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Cyn - I tried melting the Electric Lime at work last week and they accused me of burning old shoes! (I personally like it, but I don't think they appreciated the ginger notes!)

Today is:

Flowerbomb by Candles Melts and More

Kulu Bay by Lure

Old shoes? [smilie=th_bighug-1] This is a pretty strong one, though. I don't detect the ginger notes until after it's been going for a while. But I love it!

I am melting HL Butterrcream Crunch. Nice-Also burning Crossroads Buttery Maple Syrup- This is one of the strongest candles I have ever burned! I LOVE it! Also burning Goose Creek Maple Cream and Spice Cake.

It felt great to have such wonderful weather today. I hope it stays this way.

Good evening. I'm winding down the weekend by finishing up Carol's Flip Flops and burning 2 YC candles - Kiwi Berries and Beach Vacation.

Puppylove...what did you do to lose 40 lbs.? i am now melting prairie soy sweet orange and chili pepper. This one's good! :P

[smilie=th_bighug-1] But only for a moment, folks. :lol: Dabba, I lost the first 20 pounds on my own, mostly using portion control and eating healthy foods, staying away from high sugar and high fat items. I was really motivated because I tore a ligament in my knee. I read that every extra pound of weight adds 4 pounds of pressure to the knees. [smilie=th_1286B215] Time to get my act together. I got rid of the other 20 pounds by joining Weight Watchers. Exercise helps a lot too, even just walking.

Sweet, yep, avocado is a fruit. I know, it's not what we normally think of as fruit, huh? But then, same thing with a tomato. [smilie=th_c61] Okay, now I want a burrito!! Would you say avocado/cilantro would be an herbal maybe? ---> insert "shrugging" emoticon here <---

AMS Honeydew Melon, still going strong, all day long!

Gail

Good evening everyone! My kids and I are back from our mini-vacation at our friends house, and we are burning everything since DH is not home to complain! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I have my LOL jar candle in Really Red Velvet Cake in the kitchen, votive in the bathroom in AMS Red Velvet Cake, melting Really Red Velvet Cake in the bedroom, and GHBT Strawberry Rhubarb in the Living Room. Yummy, yummy, yummy

Hey Puppylove - Congrats on the weight loss! That's great and you did it in a healthy way. I bet you'll keep that weight off forever.

Mmmm...avocados. Never met one that I didn't love.

berriechan....the Haunted House is a great scent that has always reminded me of a movie theater. All the smells of the snack bar....

Tonight I've got on Torrential Rains from GHBT. This is one of my favorites from Linda.

Thanks, LLVV, I hope the weight stays off forever, but food - and wax smellies! - will always be my addiction!

I hear you on the avocados. I could eat them with a spoon. Can't quite figure out what an avocado candle would smell like though. :lol:

Gail