The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

I came home to 3 boxes of goodies today!

Needless to say, I had to try a few things out... I have CanDo's Mom's Apple Pie in the Kitchen together with a YC Buttercream candle - a very appetizing smell. I like apple scents and although this one is good, it's not my favorite, so I'll probably keep looking for one I like better.

In the living room I am melting CanDo's carnation with a YC Carnation candle. Both have a very light throw. It's a very pleasant scent, but you definately have to "pay close attention" to smell it.

In the bathroom, I'm on my 3rd day of Sea Island Cotton by BBW, which I really like.

Finally, in the bedroom, I have CH Satin Sheets melting. I received this as a sample and given the description of it, I would never have ordered it on my own. I am pleasantly surprised! It's a nice evocative scent and has an excellent throw yet not overpowering. My husband walked in and said "What's that you're burning? I like it." That's as good as it gets! It will probably be a staple here.

Guest Anonymous

OK, I'll admit it. I bought the Smoky Bacon from Gramma Fran. Curiosity got the better of me. Or should I say the worst? I'm trying to finish up that order, so decided to plunk it in tonight. Um, let's just say that was a mistake. [smilie=th_bb20]

I've now got Lemon Sugar and Pomegranate going from CFTKR to try to purge the smell.

Winter Garden from CFTKR is going in the laundry room.

Oh, cyn - I am so glad you did that! That scent kept calling to me out of curiosity also - and I needed that feedback! Whew. I can let it go!

I have just gotten home from a lovely 4 million hour drive home from Mom's-the cake was divine!(I did eat a small piece)

Decided to put in Avalanche from Essential Pleasures to freshen up my mood for bed(mom smokes and I can't stand the smell on me! [smilie=th_aola] ).

Going to hit the shower and snuggle in as it is cold again tonight! [smilie=th_bb20]

slpit - tell me more about chocolate amber...I love amber but I am pretty sure I would never have ordered that! [smilie=th_bb20]

This is a scent by BBW that just recently came out and I ask Texas Scentsation to try to create it for me. It is actual a mixture of Sensual Amber and just a tad of chocolate, not heavy on the chocolate at all. I just cannot get enough of this one. I have always been a fan of Amber Romance, but for me this is just so much better. I have it in the soap, sugar scrub, whipped body butter and just ordered the perfume. She just did an awesome job on this and I make sure I have lots of tarts on hand. [smilie=th_aola]

Guest Anonymous

Debra, definitely let it go! Believe me!!!

Cat, four million hour drive? Oh, that cracked me up. Hope you enjoyed your visit.

This morning, I'm firing up a tin candle: Fig Leaf & Cassis from Dancing Dingo; surprisingly good scent throw for such a small candle.

I'll probably dump Harmony from Grazia at work. It was starting to peeter out yesterday. I think I'll melt Ruby Red from WnS there today.

deezee--Have you tried Beanpod soybeads in Apple Pie? I have it going right now and you can even smell the crust--very authentic.

I am in love with my new Can Do tarts and tart pan--that pan works great and the sugar cookie tart was wonderful--I ran it for 14 hrs before it pooped out and really it still had a little bit of throw then. I let it cool awhile and then popped the tart right out--it is great. I just ordered several more for gifts.

Everyone have a great Friday. Nancy [smilie=th_bb20]

Good morning everyone

I just put on my aroma soy candle in southern country kitchen..still nothing in my powder room or kitchen yet...so many choices:)

Hope everyone has a great friday!!!

Good Morning [smilie=th_idontknow]

I just put on CHC's Honey Bun Cake... mmm...

I am trying to eat a little healthier these days, so I hope this honey bun cake will satisfy my sweet tooth through smell...

I still have LOL's Cupid's Mischief Cake going. It is a big scalloped tart. I put this one in the 14w melter. It may be a bit big for this wattage, because I do have a little crust around the edges. It does smell wonderful though... [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

Guest Anonymous

Farmhouse Kitchen from Pine Point. Yes, her shipping charges are high, but those little doo-dads that she layers into the melts are just adorable, and I have really loved all the scents I have tried.

Guest Anonymous

Trep: I'm really loving that little tart pan from Can-Do also! Glad you're liking yours as much.

Update on my aroma soy Southern Country Kitchen candle..its on its 2nd burn, burning cleanly to the edge of the jar, great scent throw..I will definately be reordering this in the fall.

[smilie=th_idontknow]

I just started melting black cherry bomb from essential pleasures in my computer room. No throw yet, as it hasn't started melting, but the cold throw is delicious. I'll probably melt my chocolate pumpkin again in the living room while dh is at work. Silly man just doesn't like bakery scents. LOL!

Good morning to all. My family and I have been sick with a virus a bad virus and I have not been able to melt. We couldn't stand ANY smells whatsoever. Can you believe it? Well, I'm happy to say I have Bellas Beignet burning and so far so good.

Cheryl

welcome back Cheryl, so glad u feel better:[smilie=th_idontknow]

I'm glad you're feeling better, and your sniffer is back in use, Cheryl!

I wanted to update my black cherry bomb from essential pleasures ~ It smells amazing! I can smell it in every room of my house, so I'm not going to start another tart in another room so the scents don't clash. Wow!

Good morning all! I'm glad some of you have tried the Can Do Tart Pans! I really like Can Do tarts but couldn't melt them, so that pan has worked really well for me too!

l melted Tuscadero's Lemon Drop Cookies last night for hubby's and my romantic snuggle on the sofa watching Survivor and Celebrity Apprentice (swoon! [smilie=th_blij81] ) and we absolutely LOVE that scent. My husband is nutso over any lemon bakery scent, and he made a comment that 'he could live on this one!'. It's very, very comparable to Nene's Lemon Squares which I buy in the convenient economy sized one pound Krumble bags. [smilie=th_cuddle-1]

This morning in my office I'm melting Tuscadero's Amish Quilt. It's barely melted and my husband has already wandered into my office and asked "What are you baking in here??" Very nice strong scent. Happy Friday everyone!!

[smilie=th_idontknow]

Jewel

Guest Anonymous

Cheryl, glad you feel better!

I am also really likeing my tart pan also. Melted my Can-do Fresh Glazed donuts this morning quite efficiently.

Upstairs melting CFTKR Southern Sensations and White Chocolate Truffle. THis is my first order with them and I found the cold smell on these to be very unappealing. However, the few I have melted have been pretty good. The White Chocolate is very soft but the scent is good. Southern Sensations is stronger and very citrusy.

My hats are off to you 24/7 melters! I tried it for 2 nights in a row - and ended up getting up at 2 am to turn the melter off. I would wake up and have a good first whiff, then yowza! Too much of a good thing in the MBR! [smilie=th_idontknow] I was sure I was pickling my brain or something while I slept!

Colours and Scents: Crystal Blue Waters and

Buckeye's Lemon Lime for the office

The Queen of Hearts Hawaiian Cake. This has a subtle throw, it is definitely there but not overpowering. I had gone out for a minute and when I came back in the scent gently greeted me... [smilie=th_idontknow]