The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

Today before I left for work yet again (...I'm looking at 14 straight days now without a day off...) I put on two of the Amazing Apple Pie tarts from Tuscadero's (one upstairs, one down), relit Brown Bag's Bear Claws from last night, and topped it off with CFTKR's Cinnamon Nutmeg in the kitchen/great room area.

I'm not too crazy about the Amazing Apple Pie - I can detect a little apple, not a lot, and can't really smell any piecrust notes. It mostly just smells sweet. I was going to save this one for fall, but I think I'll burn these up now and be on the lookout for some other fall scents instead. That's what makes melting fun - always new stuff to try!

:)

Can't get enough of the Cinnamon Nutmeg - this one's a definite reorder (again) once Lent is over and I'm back to buying tarts. I'm so glad Carol gave me the original sample of this one!

:lol:

Well, I decided to save my chocolate pumpkin for later on tonight. I bought a new tealight burner while I was at Walmart after church (one of mine chipped, so I just had to replace it, right?), so I just had to try it out. So, I've got orange chiffon cake from aroma soy melting right now, and it smells soooo good!

Oh, and I moved the chipped burner into my kitchen where it isn't as noticible, and I'm melting caramel apple from cobblestone in there. Yum!

I started with Pity Pat's Pound Cake by CanDo in the kitchen, but it died out very quickly. Instead of pouring it out, I supplemented it with Birthday Cake by CH - this one is aboslutely a keeper and one of my favorite bakery scents ever. I love Vanilla Cupcake by YC, but I think this even has that one beat!

I have combined Midnight Jasmine and Water Garden both by YC in the living room. Lovely combination and better than either one of them separately.

I have another CanDo tart in the bathroom - Blue Sky - which has very little throw, even in the bathroom. I like the scent when I can detect it, but probably wouldn't reorder it.

In the bedroom I have Dogwood by CanDo. Again, it has very little throw, although the scent is pleasant. I'm having a bit of trouble getting this one to melt with my tealight warmer, but I think it's the warmer, not the tart. The flame is a little too far from the bowl, in my opinion. I'll reserve judgment on this one.

All in all, I'm not enjoying CanDo all that much. I probably wont' reorder unless I find a couple of scents that really appeal to me.

Guest Anonymous

Dee, Can do is notoriously difficult to melt. Many of us purchased special tins from her site because we couldn't get them to melt in any of our burners. This may be why you are not getting good results with her tarts. HTH.

I have Beanpod's Soy Beads in Belgian Waffle and Whipped Cream going in the kitchen and CHC's Raspberry Cream on in the dining room.

I am not getting a huge throw from the soy beads this time.. may have to change this one soon...

Guest Anonymous

As for me, I'm burning bear claw from LOL, another little tart my sweet swapper sent....

YUMMY!!! is all I have to say about it. I just might have to take it off cuz it makes me hungry!

I'm having mixed results with my Can Do tarts. The little tart pan makes melting them a breeze now, but I'm not getting a very good scent throw with the tarts once they're melted. It really depends on the tart itself. I thought I would get a stronger scent and longer throw with paraffin, but it's really not showing up soy or soy blends the way I thought it would. I have about 15-18 to go through, but unless something wow's me big time I probably won't reorder.

Now who I AM wow'd by so far is Tuscaderos! I mentioned last week that I had Lemon Drop Cookies going as a huge favorite. I was wrong, it's the Iced Lemon Snap Cookies that we're going nutso over in this house. When it started to poop out I dropped a few of the Krumble pieces I have in Nene's Lemon Squares, and even though I'm crazy about Lemon Squares (hence the economy sized bag!! :) ) it honestly isn't as good as the Iced Lemon Snap Cookies from Tuscaderos. A definite stock up scent for me.

I'm also on my THIRD tealight in my office for Tuscaderos' Amish Quilt! I went through two tealights on Friday, and hubby and I are working in the office today putting up shelving and stuff, and I relit the same melter, and the Amish Quilt re-liquified and is still going strong. Love, love, love this scent! Another stock up scent for me. Melted 7 Up Pound Cake last night and it was OK, but not as good as the other two. I'm quickly becoming a Tuscaderos fan!!

Jewel

I have only melted two scents from Can Do so far but I got really good throws from both of them--Sugar Cookie and Lilac--I used the tins but also my 20 watt burner and had no problems.

I have my first Crosscreek tart on for the evening--Orange Juice Cake--very nice--

Have a great evening all. I am sleepy already.

I was in Big Lots today and picked up one of those potpourri simmer pots ya'll were talking about. It was only $5.00. There were two of them. I should have bought both. I'm sleepy too.... :lol:

I had trouble cleaning the Big Lots pot - so I tried setting a sturdy votive holder on the "table" inside and added my Sweettarts sample powder (slate and stone, very masculine!). It solved my problem! Now, barring shattered glass, I have a great way to melt those small samples!

Today was gorgeous and sunny - after 3 hours of gardening, I am pooped! I may not be able to move tomorrow. Wanted to bring the spring feel back inside, I have YC Stargazer Lily melting.

I had Queen of Hearts Jeweled Holiday Cake on but was not getting a huge throw. I liked the scent...

A few of the tarts I chose today did not have huge throws or they pooped out...

I just put on Aroma Soy's Italian Wedding Cake.

The CHC Raspberry Cream is still going in the other room... :lol:

Guest Anonymous
I'm melting caramel pecan cheesecake something from aromasoy. Momma always said if you can't say something nice don't say anything.

Cheryl

OK, that cracked me up. :lol:

Burning Vanilla Silk from Aromasoy-by-Grazia tonight and all I can say is YUM. What a perfect marriage of vanilla and coconut. The candle burns so nice and clean with a total liquid wax pool in a matter of 1/2 an hour, leaving NO wax on the sides of the jar to worry about. Looks so elegant burning. I was also melting a wax from Carol called Home Sweet Home and that was fabulous as well. Nice yummy smelling house tonight.

Have a great evening everyone.

Guest Anonymous

Debra99,

I haven't had any problem cleaning my little pots. When they are still liquid I pour them out, and use paper towels to wipe it out as clean as I can. I run the water hot in the sink with dish soap, and it cleans right out. I change the tarts in these every day. I'm sorry you are having a hard time because they work so well.

Did you say the glass you put in there broke?

I have sugar cookies, cupcake, and warm vanilla sugar going. The mixture of all of them have our home smelling so nice.

Good Night,

:)

karla :lol:

Burning Vanilla Silk from Aromasoy-by-Grazia tonight and all I can say is YUM. What a perfect marriage of vanilla and coconut. The candle burns so nice and clean with a total liquid wax pool in a matter of 1/2 an hour, leaving NO wax on the sides of the jar to worry about. Looks so elegant burning. I was also melting a wax from Carol called Home Sweet Home and that was fabulous as well. Nice yummy smelling house tonight.

Have a great evening everyone.

I love her candles too..was hoping I didn't as its one less place to order from right?

wrong..she knows her craft for sure.

I have Aroma Soy's Italian Wedding Cake and CHC's Raspberry Cream starting this morning (I had them both going last night). I will see how long they will go today. It is raining here... dreary... so I need some fruity comfort...both these tarts have a fruit scent... :lol:

mornin'!

karla - no, fortunately the votive holder has not broken - it is making cleaning easier. It is working quite well! (because of that depression around the edge, I kept burning my little fingers when I tried to wipe that area out before the wax got hard!)

Today is Can-do Apple Mango Tango