The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Flirty February Fragrances

I was burning LOL's Banana Nut Bread last night. Sometimes I feel like I really smell her melts and than other times not. This is the 4th melt I've burned that I don't feel like I'm getting the same throw everyone else raves about. Could it be because I'm cutting them in half? I switched to Tuscadero's Vanilla Voodoo a couple of minutes ago...

Today I am burning all of my favorites. It is Spice Haven from Texas Scentsations in the kitchen, in the living room it is Sassy Sweet Tarts from Bella's (Wow this is terrific and strong), in the computer room it is Fizzy Pop, my all time addiction, from Cheryl's and in the bath it is HFO in Lavender, Apples&Oaks.

I noticed that some of you say you have a hard time getting scent from LOL. I have found that I need to use the 24 watt plate burners exclusively on these and all work just great. In fact, that is the only wattage and the only style of burner I now buy. The punched tin did not work even with a 60 watt bulb. They would only scent one room at the most and some tarts didn't work at all. I will say, I have burned scents so long, that my nose requires strong scent strength and some scents I can just no longer detect.

Havev a great day. I have the day off today and should be doing some work but I think I will play and attempt to handle my withdrawal from a no mail day. :lol:

Good morning all! I melted Can Do's Blackberry Pie in my living room last night. Very powerful blackberry scent!

This morning in my office is Tuscaderos Cinnamon Vanilla. I'm still trying to find the perfect spicy vanilla scent, and this one is winning so far! :lol:

Jewel

Good morning all! I melted Can Do's Blackberry Pie in my living room last night. Very powerful blackberry scent!

This morning in my office is Tuscaderos Cinnamon Vanilla. I'm still trying to find the perfect spicy vanilla scent, and this one is winning so far! :lol:

Jewel

Good to know...I was eyeing her cinnamon vanilla! I'm loving her Vanilla Voo Doo.

Slpit, I posted recently and others said her tarts worked well with tea light burners. :lol: I have one tea light and one wall plug in (25 watt bulb) and haven't had problems with any other companies. Unfortunately, because of our cats and limited outlets I am stuck with tea light only as long as we're in this apartment. I'm just disappointed because she has some really awesome scents and I love the cold throw on everything I've gotten.

Guest Anonymous

I've got CHC's Melon Medley in right now - Nice and strong for a melon type scent!

Slpit, I posted recently and others said her tarts worked well with tea light burners. :lol: I have one tea light and one wall plug in (25 watt bulb) and haven't had problems with any other companies. Unfortunately, because of our cats and limited outlets I am stuck with tea light only as long as we're in this apartment. I'm just disappointed because she has some really awesome scents and I love the cold throw on everything I've gotten.

I agree the tea lights also work. I found that the tea light one I like the best I had to modify slightly. I found a metal oval dish at Big Lots and replaced my glass one with it ( The shallow glass type that are on so many). The metal conducts the heat much better.

I have not had luck with the wall plug in ones as they do not get hot enough for me, but this is not the equilvalent of the 24 watt burner plate on the 2 piece electric. The 24 watt plate is much hotter and I have had success with all companies (well, some just don't make strong tarts, so I don't reorder) that I use on a regular basis. It is so difficult. But hers are paraffin and this does require a higher heat. I don't like tea light burners because i am lazy and my burners go 24-7 and i never turn them off unless I am gone for a day. I do use tea lights with my HFO though.. Thanks for the input and I and many others share this frustration. Have a good one girlie :P

Thanks Slpit! Maybe it's time to shop around for more tea light burners. I have a soap stone one which I love. I've read paraffin is sometimes harder to melt, but have not had problems with the other paraffins I've burned (only a few since I prefer soy). In my tea light and wall plug-in, which I also love and get a good throw in my bathroom/hall area, everything seems to completely melt in 15-20 minutes.

Today must not be my day...my vanilla voo doo started out strong and then faded pretty quick. I want to smell something purty!!! LOL I switched over to Crosscreek's Caribbean Pear. From what I smell so far it's really nice!

Enjoy your day. :lol:

Monalissa - Is your soapstone from Yankee?

No, I got it from e-bay a while back. It's so pretty!

The burner I modified was a soapstone. But it is not the small one. I was able to get the bowl off after heat and prying and then I put the metal disc shaped container on top. It will hold up to 2 oz of wax. Since it is a little taller i further modified it by placing a used tealight container upside down and then a tealight on top of that to raise the flame...perfect!!!

I was shocked one day when I went into WalMart and they had the smaller soapstones, made by the same exact company and man were they cheaper. If you like soapstone you might check there. The size of the tealight also makes a diference as some are not as tall as others.

Well, the kitty was my little Sadie.....little Sadie is now 10 mos old, has grown about 4x that much and weighs 18 pounds....She is a big cat....but not really fat. Her biggest problem right now is that she thinks she can still lay above my keyboard.....no way. We call her princess as she is so spoiled. But she is addicted to tarts as she helps me open all my boxes and then hits them with her paws until I undo them and let her smell....the first cat addicted to tarts.

i am not meaning to tell anyone what to do here. But I have ordered from so many companies, tried so many devices that i try to help if I can.

Everyone here is so great and I find it hard to get away from this board. I also just made an order from Scenic Candles which was listed under the sales topics. Has anyone tried her stuff. She was totally new to me.

Guest Anonymous

Honestly, I have gotten LOl to melt in all of mine with no problems. However, I do cut in half because I have a large open area and use two melters at opposite ends of room so I put half in each melter. But they work well, even in my 14W and usually super strong.

Umm. . . I got Tuscardero's Cinnamon Vanilla as a freebie w/ my first order and loved it.

Melting Crosscreek Orange Juice Cake. This one is just ok for me. Upstairs have CHC Lovespell going and Nene's Blackberry Pomegrante.

Honestly, I have gotten LOl to melt in all of mine with no problems. However, I do cut in half because I have a large open area and use two melters at opposite ends of room so I put half in each melter. But they work well, even in my 14W and usually super strong.

Umm. . . I got Tuscardero's Cinnamon Vanilla as a freebie w/ my first order and loved it.

Melting Crosscreek Orange Juice Cake. This one is just ok for me. Upstairs have CHC Lovespell going and Nene's Blackberry Pomegrante.

I'm cutting in half and putting one in my tea light burner in the living room and the other 1/2 in the bathroom wall plug-in down the hall. Maybe next time I won't cut in half and see what happens. They melt fast, just not a big throw. :lol:

Just cleaned out my other melters and put on LOL's Coffee Cake...

It is rainy and mild here today. We will see if a get a decent throw. It seems like I do not get as good a throw on these rainy type days... :lol:

Slpit -- I'm not taking your advice as telling me what to do. No worries about that!!!

I happen to love big kitties and 18 lbs. is one big kitty! Can't believe she weighs that much at 10 months. The one in my avatar is our biggest @ just over 15 lbs. My angel Phantom weighed 19 lbs. at his healthiest...just like a big bear!

I have been melting Aroma Soy's Buttery Gingerbread Cookies for some time now. It smells like I am baking... so realistic.. yum :lol:

Cookie Jewel--I was wondering if the Can Do Blackberry one you mentioned--is it more of a bakery scent or a straight Blackberry? Thanks

I dumped my Cuke/melon early just because I am not in a very happy mood and it was bugging me. I have put on Bizzy B's Gourmet Sugar Cookie downstairs and Can Do Perfect Pineapple upstairs. I am smelling the cookie one really well and the pineapple still has to get melted. Thought these two would blend together well.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Cookie Jewel--I was wondering if the Can Do Blackberry one you mentioned--is it more of a bakery scent or a straight Blackberry? Thanks

Trep, that Blackberry Pie was a whole lotta blackberry...but not a whole lotta pie. :P I'm used to berry scents, but I'd never done a blackberry tart before. It was nice! I would have preferred to have the notes of pie crust in there, and because of that I probably won't reorder that particular scent, but it was still nice! Just don't expect pie!

:lol:

Jewel