The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

October's Haunting Fragrances

I'm melting from CFTKR Welcome Home. This scent is so powerful. it smells like Hot Maple Toddy from Candleberry Candle Co. only better and long lasting. I have melted just this one all day and my whole house smells great. Its a very cozy warming scent. It will be included in my next order.

The kicker is this one was a freebie. Good work Carol !

Twinsmom, you are making me want to rush out and get this one! I am on unofficial lockdown for a few weeks (been 3 weeks since I ordered anything besides a free sample!) Trying to cut back, but you are making it hard!

Finally got my sample from Keona Candles! Tonight's scents are:

Octoberfest-Keona: I like this scent. Very earthy and mellow.

Harvest-CFTKR: This is similar to the Yankee scent and it holds it's own.

Apple Butter N' Spice-Candle Haven: I love this scent! Warm, rich and so strong! I will miss it.

Haven't had a chance to post the last couple of days, I was working on getting rid of a Migraine, but anyway.

I got my fall sampler and winter sampler (separately) from Keona. These tarts are mighty potent cold. Almost too strong. My girlfriend gave hers away immediately, she couldn't stand the smell she said.

I only melted Apple Pie Ala Mode so far, I liked the scent when I could smell it, it came in spirts, it was weird, not too big of a throw, but it was ok. But did it come out of the burner easily. It just slid right out. I will definitely try the rest, the first one I only melted once, then out went.

This morning I'm melting YC Boo-Nilla, I'm starting to like Vanilla's. This has a crazy throw, and its a very calming scent. I'm really liking it.

Guest stardustgirl

Day #2 for my Pumpkin Vanilla in here from CBV

Dreamsickle CBV in the kitchen

HodgePodge - Cinnamon bun in the living room

This beautiful Sunday morning it's Can-do Grandpa , and Can-do pink sugar cookies. Today, I am Packing to go home to Southern Indiana to help my mom start packing and moving 50 years of her stuff. Selling the home I grew up in, and moving to a duplex in her town, since my Dad passed away last year. Just too much for her to deal with. Have a great day and GO COLTS!!!!!

[smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJackie_vi7]

Katz, You've certainly got a big job ahead of you this month. Physically and, I would imagine, emotionally too. I'm wishing you, your Mother, and your family well.

I'm melting

Cozy Cottage - Apple Clove Butter -good if you like Clove -but I don't

TS - Chestnuts & Brown Sugar

HoT - Coconut Cream Coffee (still going, I'm keeping this one as long as possible)

Sillysmom, I suffer from migraines, too. They're not fun. I hope you're feeling much better.

Katz, this must be a hard time for you and your mom both. 50 years worth of stuff=50 years worth of memories.

Sunny and cool here this morning. Melting Caramel Cinnamon Latte from Spotted Hog. It's a very smooth coffee scent and the caramel over powers the cinnamon. Love it!

Guest Anonymous

Sillysmom & mpfand - sorry you suffer from migraines. Suffer is the right word, I know they're pretty bad cuz I used to get them, too. The best part of a migraine ....how good you feel when it's gone...... [smilie=th_Hnh5]

Kim - hope your trip home isn't stressful and you and your mom rediscover lots of happy memories. [smilie=th_insane]

This morning's melt is YC autumn leaves. So glad I tried Yankee again! :oops:

It's a 2 cuppa day here... [smilie=th_Hnh5] (I'll drink an extra cup for you Kim, I went through the exact same situation with my mom - except she was moving into a full care facility. I feel for ya!)

I awoke to a malodorous situation this morning. The German Shepherd now has the doggie virus and apparently spent the night throwing up all over the house. [smilie=th_insane]

I figure if one can get enough tarts and candles going to cover skunk, we should be okay here soon. I've got Carol's Downy Vanilla Lavender melting in the laundry room, Can-Do's Lavender Silk in the kitchen (I only have 2 melters-need more!) and a B&BW lavender candle going in the MB. Smells better already.

Haven't posted much lately. So busy with work church football and getting my home arranged for fall. Burning a HI fundraiser candle in apple nut muffin melting macintosh from? Will fall come on the South already? In the am it is 55 in the afternoon 80. We should all have the funk. Well, I love hearing about the Eastern states and their leaves. Let me hear more. Fall is my favorite.

Cheryl

Hope everyone is feeling better today... I can relate to the migraine pain... I do get them occasionally... only thing that helps me is sleep... [smilie=th_Hnh5]

My parents just moved from the house I grew up in... what a job that was... they are happy in their new place... so I am happy for them... but it took a lot to move and clean decades of stuff!

Katz... hope the move goes well. [smilie=th_insane]

I am melting a couple of tarts that I got a craft fair... no brand name... one is Snickerdoodle and the other is a fruit medley type scent (forgot the name)... :oops:

katz, hugs for you dear...

cheryl, good to see ya!

ana, oh my, I hope the doggies feel better soon.... I TA, get those tarts goin' to make the smell go away!

Today I am melting Autumn Magic from Carol and Apple Clove Butter from Dew Drop.

I hope all goes well with helping your mom move, katz. You have a lot of memories stored there, too. Hopefully the new home will be easier for your mother to manage.

Today is Crosscreek:

Peppermint Kisses

Grasshopper Pie

Guest stardustgirl

Katz - good luck! You've got a gorgeous day for a drive down there, and (to me) Southern Indiana is really pretty.

Ana - awww... poor doggie (and poor humans for having to smell that). I hope your illin' pups recover soon.

I switched over to Shortie's Apple Cinnamon... the Hodge Podge cinnamon bun was cute as a button but didn't throw worth a darn. [smilie=th_Hnh5]