The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
MaggieMae

The Merry Smelly Month Of May

Happy Saturday!

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. So far the weather here has been beautiful.

Maggie-I know what you mean. When I came back from Italy I walked into the house and it smelled of wax.

Debra-when we find an assisted living place for my Dad we want him to try it out on a temporary basis first to see if he really likes it.

Cookielady-Enjoy Art in the Park.

Melting SGA Beach Nights but it’s about done and burning Goose Creek Island Sands and BBW Hello Lovely.

We are going to my brother’s in a bit for dinner. He’s down the block.

Hello dear ladies!

A quick note, a good and busy day.

Michele, VRC is Vintage Road Candles, really great vendor.

Debra, thanks for the L3 sale info!

Maggie, have a great day on your deck and I hope the weather holds for your party.

All you beachgoers, I am extremely jealous! You Know Who You Are!

I received my first package in the post office box and that was pretty exciting to find it cool and nice in the air conditioning!

Going to go hear the Messiah at Music Hall in Cincinnati tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day!

AmyJo

Cookie, that sounds like a fun afternoon! Any wax or soap vendors? :D

I see CBV has a scent shot sale...just sayin'... [smilie=th_c032]

Michele - what a great idea to give a new place a try! I wish I would have thought of that a few years ago when helping relatives!

AmyJo, you also sound like you have fun plans for the evening. I hope you enjoy it!

Today it has been Gio & Turner - Melty Mallow. It has that blue -mica glitter that spins and swirls when it melts - so pretty! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Good morning ladies! :sSig_sup:

I hope the weekend is going well for everyone so far. Last night's Messiah in Cincinnati was so beautiful. My best friend and I actually dressed up [smilie=th_thfoenen] and went to dinner beforehand. "Sisters Hit the Town." [smilie=th_friends] DH begged off as he is more of a jazz enthusiast.

Susan, how was Art in the Park?

Maggie - did the weather hold for the deck party? [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Michele - I hope you enjoyed your dinner with your brother! Also - I love that SGA Beach Nights you were melting (and am waiting for the sampler of the same name!).

Debra, how was the beach? The Melty Mallow sounds amazing with the swirling glitter! I am a glitter fan. :flirt-2:

Yesterday was a full-out SGA marathon and I must say, the SGA blends are just gorgeous, long-lasting and unique. I'm really thrilled with this vendor. I also love that she lists the scent notes on the labels. They were:

Cucumber Sea Sale Mint Cantaloupe Eucalyptus - ohhhhhh, so fresh and delicious. Must have more!!

Fun Factory - Volcano, rainbow sherbet, watermelon - I love anything Volcano and this blend is scrumptious.

Casper - Boo Berry, Marshmallow, Vanilla - smells tasty and tempting.

This morning I'm bingeing on VCS and I also love her scents:

Million Dollar Mermaid - ocean breeze, berries, bergamot, musk - fresh and exciting, a wake-me-up

Chicago Outfit - blackberry, mango, ginger ale - ohhhhh! this came in a sampler as a loaf and I'm so glad I have lots of it! Amazing, fresh, fruity but that ginger ale adds a sharper bubbliness that I love.

Today I plan to kick back and do very little! Have a great day all!

AmyJo

Morn ladies. Melting today: Fresh Cut Roses by Country Rich Creations

Juliet by The Bathing Garden.

Art in the park was good lots of high end things. There was one soap/candle vendor there, didn't buy anything. Have a great Sunday.

Good Sunday Morning!

Sounds like everyone has been enjoying their weekend so far!

Susan...I love art...and in the Park sounds even better! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

AmyJo...glad you enjoyed your concert and going out for a nice dinner beforehand.... :sHa_thumbgoodjob: The weather was great all day! A few storms rolled by with crazy lightening but it never rained a drop and it was exciting to watch it. I've never experienced that before.

Michele...that's a great idea for your Dad! I hope you also had a dry day yesterday. It seems the weather was spotty all over. We had a torrential downpour last night with a flash flood warning that woke me at 5am....how'd you'd fair? I think this rain should stop by noon...here's hoping. [smilie=th_insane]

It's Tangerine Dreams Creamsicle by L3

And FP Mommas Blueberry Cobbler from a sweet CF pal....thank you...smells amazing!

Have a good one! ;)

Getting here early today - I love vacation days! Nothing you have to do, lots of time to read about wax!

Maggie, I meant to ask - on the Spiked Citrus - how is it different than the usual citrus?

AmyJo - I agree!! I agree! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr The best change I have seen in the wax world is vendors adding the scents in the blends to the labels. I take so long to melt things the scent comes and goes off their scent lists so I am not sure what I am melting unless the name is obvious.

Starting my day with ScentSationals - Raspberry Margarita!

Sounds like everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. [smilie=th_thwoohoonaner2gy]

Melting Lime & Eucalyptus aromatherapy from BH&G.

Hello!

AmyJo-Glad you enjoyed your concert and dinner with your friend.

Maggie-The weather was gorgeous here yesterday. We had that torrential downpour overnight. Same as you. Little bit of rain today. Not a great day. At least yesterday everyone got to enjoy the beach. Glad you got to enjoy your party!

Debra-I laughed when I read your post. That’s what I love to do on a lazy day -read about wax.

Enjoying the weekend here. I just need to get things in order here. With DH in Ohio I haven’t been down as much as I usually am before the season.

Melting SGA Lemon Sugar Cookies. Smells delicious. I had ordered a 4 lb. sampler box awhile ago and have a lot of new scents to try.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Good afternoon, girls :)

It looks like you all have great plans for the long weekend. [smilie=th_fabulous1] Enjoy!

Well, I got home last night. So hard to leave DD#1 and her sweet kitty cat, Louise. :( DD#2 will be home early Wednesday morning. It feels like she's been gone for six months! :wacko: I spoke with her earlier and she informed me she has plans to study abroad there for a whole semester next Spring (She was supposed to graduate in December, but realized she is going to be one class short.) I'm happy for her following her dreams, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very disappointed she won't be moving here like she had planned. [smilie=th_Cry]

I came home to a nice surprise in my mail from a sweet CF friend, so those are the melts for the day. Thank you! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

TCC Bahama Coconut Lavender

Lilac Scentsation Coconut Cream Pie ~ Really strong and good! [smilie=th_aa17]

VCS 1927

P.S. Forgot to mention I placed an order from VRC a couple of nights ago [smilie=th_thsecret] ...Thanks, AmyJo [smilie=th_tease-1] ...and also have my two CFOW orders coming in soon. Yikes! I need to make room!

Hello!

Debra...funny you should ask about the Spiked Citrus...it's one of my creations over at OPT and I'm debating about getting more since she's got a nice sale going on....it's Grapefruit, Toasted Marshmallow and Cactus & Sea Salt...Spiked because of the cactus...lol. [smilie=th_pardon]

Good Morning

Still debating about placing any orders...hopefully, I'll debate until the sales are over...I have no room left and so many summer scents to melt! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

It's Sea Hag by CFOW this morning....a really lovely scent!

Have a good one. Wish our weather was nicer.

Hello ladies,

I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend.

This morning we had a partial power outage, in the sense that everything suddenly was running low-speed. [smilie=th_thWTF] It turned out to be a system outage robbing partial power to about 2000 customers. In my whole life, I never experienced that before. We turned everything off - including the melters - [smilie=th_cray] - so I broke out the votive melters because heaven forbid we go for more than a few minutes without any scent. [smilie=th_cc8] Montgomery the Pyr was not pleased that his personal fan (in addition to the a/c) that he sleeps in front of wasn't running. Happily the system has been fixed and we are back in (melting and fanning) business.

Honeybear, I know how badly you miss your daughters. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] It's great that DD#2 will get to spend more time in Europe but I know you were so excited about her coming to live near you. My heart goes out to you!! On a happier note, I'm glad you have all sorts of nice waxies on the way. [smilie=th_200912104451] Let me know how you like that CFOW Butterscotch Coke Float because I ordered some too after trying the sample. [smilie=th_31]

Maggie, really happy the wild weather held off for your party because we've had those same big electric storms, wow. And yes! I finally buckled and ordered two of your creations from OPT - the Spiked Citrus and the Peace in the Grass. I really have to stop now but they sounded too good to pass up. [smilie=th_ee29]

I've been melting like a house afire and have made a huge dent in the stash. There are actually empty baskets and the backlog is running low.[smilie=th_sSig_what] This is a good thing because I have several other baskets curing and a whole wave of new waxies on the way. Now if I can just limit myself to small orders over the summer I may have found a break-even point. That's my story and I'm sticking with it. Do not tell me about restocks...or sales...or clearance....oh, please do. [smilie=th_as]

So this morning it's:

CFOW The Lost Boys - raspberry vanilla, green grass, and salty sea air. This is just delicious and so fresh. Going in multiple melters.

Zeep Juicy - honeydew, strawberry, and watermelon. Cured for two months and it's mouth-watering. I really like this combination.

Have a great day - hope everyone gets to relax,

AmyJo

Hello!

I’m burning BBW Hello Lovely. Just cleaning up around here. We had a fun weekend.

I have 5 boxes of wax coming. Two from VCS and 3 from CFOW. I think I’m finally set for the summer and beyond. This time I mean it. Wax melts in the summer and I don’t want that happening. I just love getting wax mail. It’s time to make a big dent in my stash. Glad you are doing that AmyJo. It’s going to take a lot of melting here.

I have that CFOW Butterscoth Coke Float on it’s way too. Does this wax need a lot of curing? Anxious to try. Melted one I loved from a sweet CF friend awhile back.

There are so many different vendors now to order from. A lot of the older vendors have gone OOB.

Honeybear-Maybe DD#2 will move to Arizona after she studies abroad. I can surely understand your disappointment.

Maggie-I wish the weather had turned out better this weekend too.

Enjoy everyone!

Hello and happy Memorial Day. I've always viewed this day as a bit solemn remembering all those that selflessly gave their life so we could be free.

Honeybear, I'm happy for your DD that she has such an exciting opportunity, but I'm sorry for your disappointment. [smilie=th_sad-1] I would be sad, too. I know the day my kids move out is coming soon. I have trouble even imagining what it will be like.

AmyJo, your scents sound good! I love a good melon scent. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Melting Pink Elephant Watermelon from Front Porch. I don't really care for this so I may switch it out soon. I was hoping the watermelon would be dominant, but it isn't.

Hi!

Came back to 2 packages from VCS!

I got the Cream Cheese and Royal Wedding Samplers and Grandma’s Pearls. This is beautiful wax! All smells great. Got a Sample also in Spoonful of Cookie Monster which smells wonderful. I guess I need this to cure for a few weeks before I melt it.

Ooh, ooh Michele!! Isn't that gorgeous wax? I'm in love with VCS... What do you think about Grandma's Pearls? What a treat to come home to!

Mpfand, it is indeed a solemn day.

Goodnight all - melting a medley of SGA tonight... I'm also in love with SGA...????????

This truly is a day of remembrance. There are just no words to thank you and your families for your service.

I looked at the CFOW site - is the blend you made available Maggie, or do you have to recreated it from you scents? I keep looking for the scents you all are mentioning but can't locate them! [smilie=th_confused3]

That is an interesting type of power outage, AmyJo - I hope it did not last long. Good thing you had a "few" votives to help out!

I have been having so much trouble with my scent heading down the hall with my plate warmers recently. I have found that using tea light melters help - but I am not sure why it makes a difference! [smilie=th_scratch]

Home now - had an opportunity to meet a friend and view a 9 acre Rhododendron garden. Beautiful - and lots of ducklings in the pond!

Today was VCS - Annette's Beach Party Punch. It is listed as a "secret scent". [smilie=th_pardon]

Good Morning....stopping in for a sec before work...

Melting Cinderella Slipper from Melted Duck....not much scent....may be too old.

Debra...I created some over at OPT...I like 4 out of the 5.... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617] .

Have a good one. :)

Good afternoon everybody,

A bit tough to get back to work today. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

I took a quick break to run up to the post office as I received that magical note, "A package has been delivered." [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

It was the SGA 6-Chunky-Pie Sampler and may I say I am completely delighted. This is 30 oz of beautiful wax in a delicious assortment of scents. I am in hog heaven. [smilie=cloud_9]

Michele - you asked if CFOW needs a long curing time and in my experience, not as much as some of the other vendors ( [smilie=th_235F35F32] . To be on the safe side, I usually let it sit for a couple of weeks. And aren't her samples wonderful? One thing Michele of CFOW does that I LOVE is send samples of things currently available on her website. I have ordered many bags of chunks from her based on samples she has sent.

Debra, that's really interesting that your votive warmers are keeping the scent in the room better than the plate warmers. And the 9-acre Rhododendron garden, ohhhhhh! That must have been so beautiful!

So currently it's:

SGA Jack the Clipper, two warmers (my best seafaring buddy! And yes I can melt this last bit in the bag - my new loaf arrived!)

CFOW White Nectarine - so gently sweet and fruity - I love this and am sad that it's discontinued [smilie=th_cry2yw3]

ScentSations Morning Bliss - in all its grapefruity glory - just gorgeous and STRONG - I had it in two melters and had to turn one off.

Have a lovely day,

AmyJo

[smilie=th_hello]

Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend. DH and I had a few projects to do, watched War Horse (I'd never seen it, but he had) and bawled like babies, then played Scrabble in the Arizona room (aka back patio). This morning I had a furniture delivery I've been waiting on. Finally, my Canadel stools for the island are here! I don't know why it took so long for me to decide, but they are perfect. :wub:

Maggie ~ That OPT blend sounded so good! I checked it out, but I was hoping for more of a sampler of all of those chunkies, instead of full bags. [smilie=th_sign0164] Besides, I guess I missed the sale, so a first-time OPT order was not to be.

AmyJo ~ Don't you just love days like these?! :upssmiley1: I got my CFOW shipping notice last night. I need to watch the mail closely to make sure it doesn't sit in the box for any length of time. Our mailboxes are around the corner and the temperature is rising this week. [smilie=th_fear8]

Debra ~ I'll bet that was beautiful and I love baby ducklings. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] DH and I have decided a baby kitten is in our near future. ;)

Mpfand ~ Yes, every year I get the same lecture from DH about the meanings of Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. It is the day to remember all those who lost their lives defending our freedom. Watching War Horse today, I really felt a deep sadness for the senseless of war.

Michele ~ Wow! Five boxes?! I have two, well, technically three. But Michele is going to combine my two CFOW orders (I also got the Butterscotch Coke Float, thanks to AmyJo). The other is a first-time VRC. I've seriously got to stop! [smilie=th_paper-bag]

OPT Fruity Zucchini Cheesecake ~ Thanks to a sweet CF friend [smilie=th_LOVE]

ST White Walkers ~ Peppermint, Spearmint, Fresh Mint Leaf, and Vanilla Bean Noel

ST Mulan ~ Cherry Blossoms, Orange Mandarin Cream, and Fresh Eucalyptus Sprigs

PL Driftwood

DD#2 is crossing the Atlantic and getting close to landing in Charlotte, NC, where she'll have a six-hour layover before arriving at Denver midnight tonight. Then she'll have to find a place to camp out until her 5 AM flight here. Can't wait to see her in the early morning!

AmyJo, a kitty sounds like a very good idea! [smilie=th_huganimal] (I am not really sure what animal this is supposed to be. I am going with cat!)

I am a little sad that I didn't hit the sales! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I don't have a clue where I would put things, but I sure love opening those boxes!

Aha, Maggie! I finally found your blends...I was looking on the wrong website! [smilie=th_pardon] Very tempted...

Tonight is CYS - Cherry Pie Noel.

Hello

Honeybear....a kitty? [smilie=th_stophierDancedancer04 Yay! Glad your DD is almost home! [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

Debra...that's so funny about the emoji....I always think it looks like a ferret....but I do think it's supposed to be a cat. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

AmyJo...what scents did you get in your 6 pack pie sampler? [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

It's all gifties today...

CFOW Lime Cilantro

Homemade Mango Peach Salsa

SGA Orange Ginger Fizz

All smell delicious...thanks pals! :sHa_thumbgoodjob: