The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Aria, what a mess to clean up. <_< They must be amateurs since they didn't use cheap TP. lol

Melting Sticky Licky Buns from Aunt Nena's. I swear I smell a coffee note in this, which is just fine with me. [smilie=th_sml29] Smells delicious!

Aria ~ What a bummer! And what a mess. Sorry that happened to you. Our old house used to back up to a street and we had been paint-balled, egged, and even had a bb shot through a window. Glad we don't live there anymore!

Sweet ~ Loved your "weed" quote. That really made me chuckle. [smilie=th_giggle]

Maggie ~ I like your idea to repackage the Swan Creek drizzle melts, too. Think I just may do that when I feel like "playing" with my tarts, KWIM? [smilie=th_c61]

Today it's more TBG...

Old World Carnival

Chasing Time

Not real happy with these, so about to change them out. I went to look up the scent combos on her site, but don't see them there anymore. Hmmm...can't say I really wonder why. [smilie=th_Whistle]

Gonna be another hot one here in New Mexico. Going to do some [smilie=th_rk01_lavatricefare] today and swim this afternoon. Then this evening, if we don't get any rain, it's a bike ride with hubby to go out to dinner for our favorite Green Chile Strips and Fish Tacos...oh, and let's not forget some wine. :) YUM!

Have a good day! [smilie=th_balloons]

Good melts day for me:

- Very Sexy for Her (Shayz) - nice!

- Pink Sunny Sands (Shayz) - [smilie=th_slider_flirt] so good and good throw!

- Instant Wood (Universal Voodoo) - [smilie=th_slider_flirt]

- Berry Bliss (BL) - strong and good (1/3 tart cup in 15-watt powder room melter)

- Apple Mango Tango (BL) - strong and nice from only 1/2 tart cup!

Hey... :)

Gail...I am noticing "bakery" scents in your line-up... [smilie=th_c032] Are ya sliding on over to our side? LOL

Mpfand...That Sticky Licky Buns sounds right up my alley...going on the AN list!!! Thanks!

Honeybear...Not liking the Old World Carnival? I loved that one...I must have a weirdo nose...the discription was Cinnamon Funnel Cake and Wild Berry Taffy...sounds weird but I thought it was yummy. I was wondering if she would bring it back but maybe everyone thought it was yucky too. [smilie=th_cha69]

Changed the scents since the Endlessly in Love tarts had zero scent...

Now it's:

Coco-Mint Frost from Can-Do...downstairs [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Tranquil Waters from LSC...upstairs

They must be amateurs since they didn't use cheap TP. lol

Yep, when they're the ones paying for it, it'll be the cheaper stuff. :D

it's a bike ride with hubby to go out to dinner for our favorite Green Chile Strips and Fish Tacos.

Have fun Honeybear! I'm so curious about fish tacos. I've never had them, but I've seen them on Guy Fieri's "Diners, Drive Ins & Dives" shows and they look yummy. [smilie=yes]

I'm melting TDC's Lemon Poppyseed Cake. Fresh and bakery at the same time.....yumm! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

Christy...I am gonna go watch the ceremonies now...think they just started! Hope you find some place to go!

Well, DH came home from work yesterday and promptly fell asleep for hours and then woke up complaining of a sore throat, so we didn't make it out to watch them. I really, really wish people could buy individual programs on TV instead of having to buy an entire cable bundle. For events like the Super Bowl and the Olympics, I would happily pay, but it's not worth it to subscribe to cable just for that.

I'm melting LSC -- whatever the grapefruit one is.

good morning everyone...bf-stonehopper.gif

Melting Cranberry Indian Bread from CFTKR...I'm a little iffy about some of the Indian Bread scents, but this one is fantastic!!!

I never got the chance to come back yesterday and give an update on what the spiky things were sticking out of the lawn. They were plastic forks! DS#1 came downstairs and looked outside and knew what they were right away! tapfoot.gif Then, he said he was getting dressed and went out and cleaned up the yard for me. He counted 17 forks...lol. Not much tp either...maybe one rolls worth. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention...right in front of our door were two (how do I put this delicately?) maxi pads stained with what I believe was ketchup stuck to the porch. Ewww. I went out and picked those up immediately before DS saw them. Anyhow, we don't know who did it...have a few ideasthparanoid.gif, but there was no real harm done, so I'm over it.

mpfand and sweet, yep, I'm sure the tp was confiscated from their own home, because if they had to buy it themselves, it woulda be the cheap, scratchy stuff!!!!! rotfl2.gif

Maggie, was the shaving cream hard to clean up? I think the kids start to get a little bored and mischievous on summer vacation...need to be back in school...lol.

honeybear, eggs and paintballs? Ugh, now that would be messy to clean up!

Ozzy did very well at obedience class yesterday! puppy-run.gif There were 7 other dogs in the class and only one of them was a puppy like Ozzy. All the rest were big doggies. We learned how to walk with them at our side and to sit when we stop walking. Ozzy has homework! LOL! Actually, he's catching on very fast especially with the training collar.

DS#2 and DH come home from camping this afternoon thbananamac.gif

Okay, friends, have a great Sunday.

Gail...I am noticing "bakery" scents in your line-up... [smilie=th_c032] Are ya sliding on over to our side? LOL

Puppy - [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I've noticed U post a few bakery, 2. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Is the time coming up for the event you've been chairing for your pups soon? [smilie=th_snoopy]

I really, really wish people could buy individual programs on TV instead of having to buy an entire cable bundle. For events like the Super Bowl and the Olympics, I would happily pay, but it's not worth it to subscribe to cable just for that.

Christy - U don't need cable to watch the Olympics - it's on NBC, so U should be able to get that on a local channel if U have the antenna thingy. I think it's also available for viewing on their website on your computer. [smilie=th_popcorm1]

Aria - Pups are SO smart.... Ozzy will do great! [smilie=yes] Consistency plays a large part, so making sure everyone in your family is on the same page will be helpful.

While playing on the CF Games threads, I was reminded of a scent I've had for a while, but hadn't tried yet, so I'm melting FP's Apple Cider Latte. Jury's still out on it....sometimes I get the apple cider scent, then sometimes the coffee. Not sure if they mix so well 4 me..... [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Morning All :)

Aria- Glad everything got cleaned up rather easily and that your DS did lots to help! [smilie=th_thumbs20up] The shaving cream was easy to clean with a hose but the things they write/draw in the shaving cream can be repulsive. Believe it or not, these pranks are usually done by people that actually are friends...they think it's funny...YUCK. I know around here they do it in waves...we've had the "wrap your car in plastic wrap" prank (so ya can't get into it...the "fill your car with balloons" prank and the all time worst..."wrap your car in streamers" which is horrendous if they get wet...the stain can be permanent. I hope this will be the last of it for you! [smilie=yes]

Christy~ Hope your DH is feeling better. I know what you mean about cable...I didn't grow up with it- we were old school- and I refused to get it when I got married and started having kids. We had a BIG OLD antenna on our deck at our apartment (kinda funny)...finally caved when the eldest started leaving the house to watch tv at her friends...rather have her home. Hope you get to watch some things out! :)

Last night the twins and I got stuck in a torrential downpour that flooded the roads in 15 minutes. I have never ever seen anything like it in my life!!! We were at a restaurant and tried to run to the car and in two steps we were soaked through as though we jumped into a pool. It was funny but scary as well with the hail and wind and lightening! Got stuck in a flooded road and had to find another way home...traffic lights out all over. Crazy.

For this morning it's:

Country Meadow from McCalls

Coco-Mint Frost from Can-Do...downstairs [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Puppy - [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid] I've noticed U post a few bakery, 2. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Is the time coming up for the event you've been chairing for your pups soon?

You caught that, did ya, ladies? Clever girls, you! [smilie=yes] Noooo, I don't think I'm sliding over to the bakery side anytime soon, although there are a few that I enjoy.

Oooo, OOOO, I agree Maggie. Coco-Mint Frost is [smilie=th_fabulous1]

Sweet, your memory is amazing and the way you focus on others is no doubt indicative of your thoughtful soul. [smilie=th_bighug-1] Thanks for remembering. We celebrated my dog club's 20th anniversary a couple weeks ago. It was a lot of work but, oh my goodness, it was beyond wonderful in every way, if I do say so myself! Everyone just loved it. Now I'm on to chairing a new committee and we're planning some great events with guest speakers such as a canine cancer awareness seminar, dog safety issues, how to clicker train, help for your aggressive dog workshop, etc.

My head's spinning and my poor melter has been feeling ignored. :wacko: I still LOVE Candlefind and wish I could spend more time here, but my heart has always truly belonged to the doggies. Just for fun, if anyone wants to see it, here's a short video (2.2 minutes) of me and my dog Hobbit doing Rally Obedience. Hope it makes you smile!

Happy melting, waxie friends!

Gail

Gail...That is amazing!!! Loved watching it...thanks! :) Congrats on your Dog's Club 20th Anniversary and hope you have lots of fun in your future plans with the dog's club!!! [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

My Sunny Pink Sands from Shayz was still going strong today! I moved it to another room so I could try Tuscan Herb (CFTKR) in my office...wow, really fresh scent and good throw! I love it. Had Instant Wood (Universal Voodoo) going in my workout room :) and Lavender Martini (TBG) in the powder room - it is an excellent sharp lavender for there!

Even though I was enjoying the earlier melts...needed a sweet change...

Marshmallow Lemon Cookie from Shady Mountain aka Butterfly Lane. This one is most excellent and delicious! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

Last night the twins and I got stuck in a torrential downpour that flooded the roads in 15 minutes.

MaggieMae - I saw pics of the flooded roads in your state on TWC and hoped it hadn't been by U. :( Glad you're all ok!

we're planning some great events with guest speakers such as a canine cancer awareness seminar, dog safety issues, how to clicker train, help for your aggressive dog workshop, etc.

Puppy - What an awesome video - TY! :wub: Those seminars/workshops you've got planned sound amazing! [smilie=th_23_32_7]

On this 108 degree day

Trep - 108? :blink: Yikes ... I think that was hotter than in the desert! [smilie=th_a136] Any relief in site 4 U?

I'm melting FP's Banana Bread Pudding. I hadn't melted this before cuz some bread puddings are funny 2 me, but this smells more like banana pudding....like the one made with the Nilla wafers. [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Trep, I echo Sweet - - 108??? Good grief!

Gail, thanks for the peek at all your hard work. I love the way Hobbit keeps eye contact - was/is that difficult to train?

Today is CYS - Lincoln's Garden.

Gail, that video was really cool. Congratulations on your dog club's anniversary.

Sweet Corn Pudding - LSC

Vanilla Fudge something - Can Do

Good morning!brush.gif

Melting Key Lime Cake from CFTKR and Scratch Cake from HHS

Maggie, oh no...I hate getting caught in downpours! Glad you all got home safely.hug.gif

Gail, you and Hobbit look awesome! He has you trained very well!63671.gif

sweet, the trainer said the same thing...to make sure everyone who walks Ozzy does it the same way. He was so good at obedience class, but right now he is tearing apart one of his stuffed toys!!!! thnaughty.gif

trep, 108? swoon.gif

Have a wonderful day friends...Happy Melting toodlepeeps.gif