The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

July's Burst of Scents

Candlefan~ I am so sorry about the tragedy in your town...I can not even imagine the pain and loss. I usually don't watch the news because of so much horror in the world and this devastating nightmare is another example. Prayers and love to all those affected.

Thank you Aria...it is nice to be back. :)

SuperMum~ Hope that Tuscadero's works well for you...I've always had good luck with them! :)

My Sunday Morning tarts were duds...I don't know what happened. [smilie=th_smiley_aaeq] Usually TDC stuff is powerful. Added my all time favorite scent from BL aka SM and it's still kicking so I'll leave it for now: Citrus Zucchini Bread. [smilie=th_1_bigone110] That was the last of my loaf... [smilie=th_sad-1] I think she changed the name to Citrus Bread so I will have to get more!!!

Have a great Sunday! :)

Hi All-

Today I am melting BL Marshmallow Zucchini Bread and AMS Coconut Craze. It is competing with my DD's baking so for now the brownies are overtaking everything. Smells great though!!

I'm finally back home. The house smells like a candle shop after being closed up for so long. DS says this is what we smell like to other people. I don't know how I feel about that. The smell is kind of good and kind of odd, very nondescript potpourri. I don't think I like it, so what's my answer? Melt something...quick.

YC - Bahama Breeze

Well, I guess it was not to be that the 12 people killed at the theater would not have any connection to my own little corner of Aurora. I guess it's just not that big of a town.

Sadly, we lost a well-known member of our church, 27 year-old Alex Sullivan. He had been married for only a year, and his wife is so devestated as to be incoherent. And the aunt of the little six year-old killed, Veronica Moser, is connected with our parish, too. The little girl's mother is in critical condition over at a nearby hospital and the family... well, you can just imagine.

Our congregation was in tears this morning. So senseless and pointless, yet so many lives gone or changed forever.

I know everyone here in our town certainly appreciates all your sympathy, heartfelt thoughts and prayers. You guys are great! [smilie=group_hug]

On a lighter, happier note, let's talk "candle". I finally lit up a candle from Haley's Heavenly Scents called Pistachio Pudding (or something close to that). I couldn't believe the scent this one, small jar candle pumped out! I think I might light it up again today. My kids are baking cookies to enter into the county fair this week, so I don't think something floral or fresh will go with the scent of baking.

Good Morning everyone. My "find" yesterday at the grocery store turned out to be the worst dud I have ever had. Absolutely no throw whatsoever and to smell anything at all you had to put your nose almost in the wax and then the smell was NOT good. So out it went. I would steer clear of this brand if you happen to run across them. After I got these I kind of remembered that someone had given me a candle of this brand a long time ago and it, too, had no scent. Too bad I didn't think of that before I got it. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

This morning it is Scentsationals Sizzlin' Cinnamon.

Have a great day!

Sorry you got a grocery store dud. We've got to keep checking that candle isle, though. You never know when there will be a super strong goodie there.

Good Morning everyone!

Melting McCall's Pineapple and CFTKR Pineapple Orchid

Hi Skylar, how is McCall's Pineapple? Strong?

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] BACK Jules!

Finally changing up the melters:

Colonial Marketplace from Saltbox Scents

Thank you. How are you liking Saltbox Scents?

Well, I guess it was not to be that the 12 people killed at the theater would not have any connection to my own little corner of Aurora. I guess it's just not that big of a town.

Sadly, we lost a well-known member of our church, 27 year-old Alex Sullivan. He had been married for only a year, and his wife is so devestated as to be incoherent. And the aunt of the little six year-old killed, Veronica Moser, is connected with our parish, too. The little girl's mother is in critical condition over at a nearby hospital and the family... well, you can just imagine.

Our congregation was in tears this morning. So senseless and pointless, yet so many lives gone or changed forever.

I know everyone here in our town certainly appreciates all your sympathy, heartfelt thoughts and prayers. You guys are great! [smilie=group_hug]

On a lighter, happier note, let's talk "candle". I finally lit up a candle from Haley's Heavenly Scents called Pistachio Pudding (or something close to that). I couldn't believe the scent this one, small jar candle pumped out! I think I might light it up again today. My kids are baking cookies to enter into the county fair this week, so I don't think something floral or fresh will go with the scent of baking.

Candlefan, I'm so sorry to read how this tragedy has touched you and your community. It's so senseless.th_thanimeomega_emoticon_97.jpg

What size jar is your Haley's candle? How small? I had great candles from Haley's too, but it's been a long while since I've ordered.

Lets see, earlier I had CBV Tahitian Passion going in the bedroom (haha..) and now I only have a Three Ring Circus candle from CBV going and Tuscan Orange (melt) from CFTKR.

Finally done with laundry and organizing, unpacking etc. from my trip. It feels really good to be caught up.

Catch you guys soon. [smilie=th_WooHooRainbowWaveJack

Thank you. How are you liking Saltbox Scents?

I am impressed with the scents and the strength. I would say moderate to strong depending on the particular one. The price was reasonable @ $3.50 for a 4 oz. bag of brittle. Next time I'm gonna try the scallops. :)

Changed the melter upstairs:

Texas Bluebonnets from LSC....love it.

Today I melted Hot Buttered Rum from YC and Country Bumpkin from Pouring Candles.

Good evening, CF friends. :)

Can't believe the weekend is almost over already. Where does the time go?! :huh:

Thought I'd let you all know that I just heard Stella went back into the hospital again today. I'm keeping her in my thoughts. That poor girl!!!

Wham's Lemon Icebox Cupcakes

Homemade Pear Vanilla

HHS Insane Zucchini

McCall's Laura's Lemon Loaf (the last of it)

Hope everyone is having a relaxing evening.

Bad candle day - I tried a couple soy candles that are about a year old - super bad tunnels! They made a tube right down the wick, leaving everything else unmelted.

On the melting side: Scentsy - Clarity. ( No probs!)

Your avatar makes me hungry, Jules!

SuperMum~ Hope that Tuscadero's works well for you...I've always had good luck with them! :)

Sadly the Tuscadero's 7up Cake didn't have the throw I was hoping for. It was quite weak, in fact. I am going to let them cure a couple weeks (it has already been 12 days) and try again.

I threw in Butterfly Lane's Banana Cream Pie and it is to die for! I don't typically go for banana scents (and despise fake banana) but WOW! Excellent throw and everyone is raving. My son (who believes he put me on lockdown) is begging me to buy more. Mmmm...

Hope all are having a relaxing Sunday eve.

I threw in Butterfly Lane's Banana Cream Pie and it is to die for! I don't typically go for banana scents (and despise fake banana) but WOW! Excellent throw and everyone is raving. My son (who believes he put me on lockdown) is begging me to buy more. Mmmm...

Thanks for the report! How long did you let it cure for?

Thought I'd let you all know that I just heard Stella went back into the hospital again today. I'm keeping her in my thoughts. That poor girl!!!

Oh no...My thoughts are with her and I am praying she is okay! Thanks for letting us know Honeybear! I can't believe this is happening to her again! [smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Sadly the Tuscadero's 7up Cake didn't have the throw I was hoping for. It was quite weak, in fact. I am going to let them cure a couple weeks (it has already been 12 days) and try again.

WOW, SuperMum...my Tuscadero's were always very strong...I am sorry you had yourself a dud! Maybe it was that scent? Could be a lighter one? [smilie=th_idontknow] Butterfly Lane is one of my ALL time favorite companies...she is just top notch! I agree with ya on the bananas and I don't think she makes a scent that I don't like! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

This morning it's all Sweet Fixations:

Cinnamon Strusel Cake

Sugar Cookie Batter

Waffle Cone

Have a good one! :)

Thank you for the Avatar compliments. I'm trying to embrace summer even though I am so ready for autumn to begin. Why can't autumn be longer?

Lets see, earlier I had CBV Tahitian Passion going in the bedroom (haha..) and now I only have a Three Ring Circus candle from CBV going and Tuscan Orange (melt) from CFTKR.

Tahitian Passion and a Three Ring Circus? th_funny_sign.gifNice.

I am impressed with the scents and the strength. I would say moderate to strong depending on the particular one. The price was reasonable @ $3.50 for a 4 oz. bag of brittle. Next time I'm gonna try the scallops. :)

Changed the melter upstairs:

Texas Bluebonnets from LSC....love it.

Thanks. Saltbox is going on the To Try list. I didn't know LSC carried a Bluebonnets scent. I haven't been able to find a good Texas Bluebonnets for a long time. Yipee!

Jules - Glad to C U back! [smilie=th_c55] There isn't much time left ...I'm waiting to hear if you've tried any waxperiments this summer. [smilie=th_c032]

Honeybear - [smilie=th_teks0311] for letting us know about Stella. I hope it's just a one day stay & then back home for her. :(

I'm melting CFTKR's Cinnamon Indian Bread. Smelling good in here! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

No official waxperiments this summer, but I did learn that when a camper stops quickly, even half a melt will splatter all over the place. I also learned that Can-do melts are super easy to clean out of a sink. biggrin.gifDoh!wacko.gif

My LSC order was delivered today in the avalanche of mail. What a welcome sight. Tonight I'm melting LSC Berry Brulee. Wonderful scent.