The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Welcome back Cyn!

I love to smell and eat bread, but I do not like it in tart form at all!

First melt of the day is kudzu from cnsbargains, then off to early church and sunday school!

Guest Anonymous

Good morning, everyone - Just put on Tuscadero's Almond Pastries.

Heart, I know you were unhappy with Lemon Sugar. By any chance did you try Carol's Blueberry Muffins? I'm a huge bluberry nut and IMO, Carol's Blueberry Muffin is the best I've ever smelled. It has a real yellow cake smell to it that I haven't found elsewhere. Her Blueberry Cobbler (not the Mama's one...the regular blueberry cobbler one) is also fantastic and pretty realistic for a bluebery scent. The former Northern Maine also had a fabulous blueberry scent...I think it was cobbler.

This morning I'm melting a new scent...vanilla nut cranberry bread or something like that. I can't remember the exact name right now but I can't wait to go downstairs and start smelling it along with some morning coffee.

Good Morning everyone... a little tired this morning.... a huge thunderstorm woke me up earlier... wow it was quite a storm! I will be putting on HOT's Cafe in Paris... it is a nice Sunday morning scent!

Now I need to have my morning tea... :cry: ... and wake up a little more!

Mpfand... I hope you continue to feel better!

Morning! Last night I melted Busy Bee's Old Fashioned Banana Pudding. I decided to keep it going for a little while today before we head out to a birthday celebration. I already went through one tea light last night and it still seems to be pretty strong!

Hope everyone has a good day. :cry:

LLVV ~ I haven't tried Carol's Blueberry Muffins...thanks, will try. I love blueberry muffins.

Melting Candy Canes from Maximum Scented....great throw & more unique than I expected.

Having a Christmas in July Sunday here. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Thanks for the welcome back.

Mpfand, I hope you're feeling better. Sorry I didn't notice you were not feeling well sooner.

Trying Amish Quilt now from Angie's. Also Cotton Blossom from Dyad Moons. Just put both on, so no verdict yet.

Nice to have you back cyn...I think my credit cards had time to cool off and are ready to go again! :cry:

This morning is Cheryl's Coral Lily and Angel Scented French Vanilla.

Guest Anonymous
cbgirl - I loved Whole Wheat Bread. I'm not sure how it compares to Nene's bread scent because I usually don't care for bread scents and usually stay away from them. Someone once gave me a whole wheat bread tart from another candlemaker and I really enjoyed it so I said what the heck and tried Carol's. That being said, Carol's doesn't really smell like bread. It smells more like a buttery croissant. It's very sweet and buttery but doesn't have a yeast or wheat smell to it so I loved it! She also has a regular bread scent that I don't care for but if you're into bread scents you may like it because it smells authentic. It has a real french bread baking in the oven smell but for some odd reason I don't like to smell bread baking (not even the real stuff). I love to eat it, hate to smell it.

Thanks for the info LLVV. I had her regular bread scent and didn't care for it, so wondered about the whole wheat. Glad to hear you liked it!

How is her vanilla walnut cranberry bread? (can't remember the name either! lol) When I saw Cat got her cranberry sampler I remembered seeing this one and being a cranberry fan, too, I went to check it out, but they were gone. Musta flew outta there! Not to worry, she'll put more up as soon as they're made. Awwww.....poor me.....forced to place another order.... :cry:

I'm melting CFTKR's ginger pumpkin snap. Another one to get a bag of.......

Wow, a good night's sleep does wonder for a body. Feeling much better today and ready to melt! I have Bizzy B's Vanilla Indulgence & Country Spice in the kitchen and LR. This will probably be a re-order for me. It's not in-your-face-strong, but it has a good throw and kind of wafts through the air so I'm constantly smelling the perfect blend of vanilla and spices. I love scents like this for fall and since today is overcast I can pretend that it's a cool fall day. :cry: Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Sweet&spicy, the Vanilla Nut Cranberry was a good scent but the bakery note wasn't as strong as I hoped it to be. For about the first hour or two I could smell the vanilla nut scent but then it was mostly cranberry (no spice type). I'm still debating if I want to get another bag of this one out of fear it will be gone after the fall.

I also love the Pumpkin Ginger Snap. You may want to try her Pumpkin Vanilla if you love pumpkin scents. It smells just like pumpkin mixed with eggnog. Yummy! Her pumpkin cheesecake is also blissful.

Today I tried melting Fall Festival from CFTKR. I got not scent at all. I just got my first order from her on Wed. of last week and out of my whole order only one has a scent. I got samplers in cranberry, Pumpkin and Apples and Cinn. & balsam. I'm wondering if my melters 14 watt and 24 watt are too hot. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Cactus & Sea Salt - Cozy Cottage. One of my favorites from there.

Apple Strudel - Bloomwick's. Just started.

Cotton Blossom from Dyad has been perfumey. Amish Quilt from Angie's is good, and a bit stronger than Amish Harvest, but they are very similar to me.

Today I tried melting Fall Festival from CFTKR. I got not scent at all. I just got my first order from her on Wed. of last week and out of my whole order only one has a scent. I got samplers in cranberry, Pumpkin and Apples and Cinn. & balsam. I'm wondering if my melters 14 watt and 24 watt are too hot. Do any of you have any suggestions?

the last order i got from her was not nearly as strong as my previous order :cry:

Twinsmom, I've found that her tarts work best in a 24 watt melter. I tried Fall Festival a long time ago and if I remember correctly, it's a strong spicy scent. Take a look at your 24 watt melter to make sure it's still working ok. Sometimes, even if the wax has melted (especially with soy) you still need to give the scent some time to throw. Other than that, I don't know.