The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Celebrating our "Scentipendance" with...

Guest Anonymous
Today I tried melting Fall Festival from CFTKR. I got not scent at all. I just got my first order from her on Wed. of last week and out of my whole order only one has a scent. I got samplers in cranberry, Pumpkin and Apples and Cinn. & balsam. I'm wondering if my melters 14 watt and 24 watt are too hot. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Are you having trouble with the throw or just wondering? Carol's tarts are paraffin and the 24-watts is fine. The 14-watts are a way lower heat and will take a long time for those to melt. I used the 14-watts with soy with great success, not so much with paraffin. I use a 20-watt most consistently, including with Carol's tarts.

Guest Anonymous
Twinsmom, I've found that her tarts work best in a 24 watt melter. I tried Fall Festival a long time ago and if I remember correctly, it's a strong spicy scent. Take a look at your 24 watt melter to make sure it's still working ok. Sometimes, even if the wax has melted (especially with soy) you still need to give the scent some time to throw. Other than that, I don't know.

I wonder if that's what I"m doing wrong with my new 24-watt. I think the throw is not as good as in the 20-watt, I was thinking the melt pool is too wide and shallow, but maybe I"m just not patient enough. I've been dumping things if I"m getting what I consider to be little throw very shortly after the tart is melted....Should I wait? Also, I'm assuming I can use just one tart at a time in the larger dish? I don't want to have to use 2 - Partly because I don't want the throw to be TOO strong, and also because I don't want to go through tarts twice as fast.

That's interesting Mom. I'm not sure what's going on. I know that with my 24 watt I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the scent if the scent is a very strong thrower. You can always stick a meat thermometer into the fully melted wax and see how hot it's getting. Mine averages 200 degrees.

Guest Anonymous
That's interesting Mom. I'm not sure what's going on. I know that with my 24 watt I sometimes feel overwhelmed by the scent if the scent is a very strong thrower. You can always stick a meat thermometer into the fully melted wax and see how hot it's getting. Mine averages 200 degrees.

Are you getting that strong a throw with just one tart? I just put mine back on and am going to the gym - that will give it time to go for awhile so I can see what happens when I come back (you know, the whole 'watched pot never boils' kinda thing [smilie=th_happy096]

Oh, just to stay pertinent to the thread, the scent I have in is Green Grass from Tuscadero's, Gardenia/Lily upstairs from Dew Drop Scents.....

Guest Doe

dreamsickle from Busy Bee- very strong & good

Island cocktail from Nene's - very nice scent

Replaced the tarts with Vanilla Lavendar-Busy Bee(care of my 4yo) and Fruits of Paradise-Nene's(care of my 8yo)

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday evening!

Just changed out for the rest of the day to Yankee's new Orchard Pear. Have a great rest of the day everyone.

So, this one's the third time for you, right? How's it doing this time?

I got back from my weekend getaway this afternoon and was excited to get back to my tarts. And I had new tarts in the mail and a new gently used tart burner I bought from Momuvtwo! Love it, btw Mom! It felt like Christmas in July, indeed! I have on Heat Wave and Skinny Dippin', both very vibrant and fruity and both by Carol. Glad to be back.

Hope you enjoyed your getaway, Candlefan.

Chocolate Pumpkin - Momma's Soy Tart Mart (good but light)

Apple Pie - Our Own Candle Co (not good)

Cyn, Chocolate Pumpkin sounds fabulous! Now that's my kind of scent!

I'm melting Pumpkin & sugared Hazelnuts tonight. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Apple Berry Spice - Angie's.

LLVV, I'm enjoying that chocolate pumpkin, just wish it was stronger. I've had it for a while. I think Heidi is the one who turned me on to that one.

LLVV, I'm enjoying that chocolate pumpkin, just wish it was stronger. I've had it for a while. I think Heidi is the one who turned me on to that one.

Yep, I'm the chocolate pumpkin fanatic! :lol: They are always very strong for me, though. I'm still so sad that momma's soy tart mart closed up shop. I haven't seen chocolate pumpkin anywhere else.

Yep, I'm the chocolate pumpkin fanatic! :lol: They are always very strong for me, though. I'm still so sad that momma's soy tart mart closed up shop. I haven't seen chocolate pumpkin anywhere else.

It was you! Thanks!!! Maybe it's the melters or the fact that I've had these a while. I'm sad she closed up, too.

Candle Haven has Chocolate Pumpkin. It's one of her new scents. I haven't tried it, but if it's like all of her other scents, then it's good! :lol:

Milk Sugar Kisses from somethinspecial (eBay store)... we are having storms on and off today... it is quite dark right now... needed a cozy scent!

Mpfand... glad to hear you are feeling better... :lol:

Thank you, fleur! :lol:

I have Bella's Creamsicle Twinkie going and I LOVE it! I wish I could feel comfortable enough to order from her when she's settled. She has some really great scents.

Had a busy day of shopping. Hit the jackpot at Kohl's. Really nice purses and men's wallets (Nine & Co., Chaps, etc.) 90% off! Time to relax. I have Cashmere from Scentsy melting upstairs in the loft.