The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Scents So Fine, Please Be Mine

I found a yummy new scent at B&BW - and despite my objection to those glass minis - I had to get this to try. It is Blackberry Grapefruit and I can not wait until it comes out in the big size. (Just a mini until March they said.)

[smilie=th_sHellobar] This morning I am starting off melting AMS Better Than Sex Cake and burning Colonial at Home Lemon Parfait candle.

DH wants to spend some time at the book store today [smilie=th_200911025310] so I will talk to you all this evening! Have a great day and stay warm!!!

Lynn

Happy Sunday (Or Snowday to some of you!)

I am here early today. [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr

I found some simmering oil in the back of the cabinet - The Sea from Clair Burke. Pretty powerful stuff! It smells fresh and clean everywhere in this house!

Hi everybody! I'm burning CBV Raspberry Guava and Storm Watch, plus YC Dune Grass and my Lovespell candle from Candles, Gifts & More. And a YC votive in Lemon Lavender. Melting Nene's Berry-luscious Bundt Cake.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma here...I've always planned to someday try Pure Integrity and wanted to get clamshells before committing to candles. This month their special is not 20% off a couple fragrances as usual...it's 20% off all clamshells, which I've never seen them do before. This would be a great opportunity, except just yesterday I organized ALL my tarts and realized just how many I have to go through. Getting these clams right now would just add to the backlog of scents. I'll have to decide whether the discount makes it worth it to buy them now, when I'd rather wait until fall. The shipping is an ouchie at $10, so every little bit helps where overall price is concerned. Thoughts?

I'll have to decide whether the discount makes it worth it to buy them now, when I'd rather wait until fall.

Christy - I was on their site yesterday and saw the discount. While 20%sounds like a lot, it makes the price go from $3.99 to $3.19. While they don't have really good sales often, they do usually have a discount on something almost every month. And if buying now would make U feel guilty..... [smilie=th_pardon] (geeze...I stink at this enabling thing :lol: ) [smilie=th_butbutbut] ....Valentine's day is coming up this week. [smilie=th_c032] Do U think dropping some very specific (they don't often get 'vague') suggestions to your DH as to what a wonderful gift [smilie=th_slider_flirt] that would be 4 U would work?

I've changed to LSC Iced Oatmeal Cookies. This was a freebie and thought the cold sniff was so good it made my eyes cross. [smilie=th_foolish1] The melted sniff doesn't disappoint - yummmy! [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Christy~ I was having the same dilemma as you! Been really wanting to try PI for a LONG time but that $10 shipping is making me stop to think..not a good thing! ;) I think I agree with you Sweet...sales will come again...at some point. [smilie=th_sign0162] Also, they don't have the Pumpkin Herb or Pumpkin Spice in the melts catagory...I emailed but will see what they have to say. I have to admit...if the shipping was cheaper, I'd be jumping in with both feet!

Finally decided on my melts for today...The Harvest Zucchini was still going strong all night...

Coconut Cream Cookies from Shady Mountain

Almond Cake from Dream Tarts

:) Happy Sunday

Do U think dropping some very specific (they don't often get 'vague') suggestions to your DH as to what a wonderful gift [smilie=th_slider_flirt] that would be 4 U would work?

Sweet, that's a good idea, except he already got me an early valentine. ("wah-wah" sad trombone sound)

Christy~ I was having the same dilemma as you! Been really wanting to try PI for a LONG time but that $10 shipping is making me stop to think..not a good thing! ;)

Maggie, just in case, I sent them an email asking if lower shipping is possible for clams-only orders. I doubt they will say yes, and I understand the need for businesses to standardize those sorts of things. But all they can do is say no, right? If I hear anything besides "no," I'll report back.

Now melting SH Bayberry. Not my kind of scent, so I'm happy to use this one up.

Christy, I'm not a big fan of Bayberry in general, but it's supposed to bring good luck if burned on Christmas day...or something like that. I've tried to burn it around the holidays but my nose refuses to enjoy it. th_sign0164.gif I read that originally bayberry candles were made from bayberry wax and the fragrance came naturally.

Tonight I'm burning two votives from Full Moon Candles in Sante Fe scent and an old swirl jar candle from Yankee Candle called Tranquil Escape. It's a blend of Eucalyptus and Lavender Vanilla. I like it a lot. Wish they'd bring this one back.

Been a long day glad to be in my warm house melting Warm Apple Danish from candles gifts and more and key lime pie from lol. Have a great evening all

Also, they don't have the Pumpkin Herb or Pumpkin Spice in the melts catagory...I emailed but will see what they have to say.

MaggieMae - PI had those scents in melts in the fall. Wonder what's up? [smilie=th_scratch] BTW - CF (Christina) did a nice review on those scents in the fall - did U see it? Ok - just checked and they're there. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Did U look by 'all scents'? Each scent has a description and products U can buy. Just sayin.... [smilie=th_Whistle]

I'm ending the day with Candleberry's Frosted Apple candle. Nice clean burn and really like this scent! [smilie=yes]

Have a good evening everyone! [smilie=th_wave]

I am glad to know that I am not the only one that is not smitten with Bayberry. I keep trying it, but...

I have BRH - Iced Apple Strudel melting.

Maggie, just in case, I sent them an email asking if lower shipping is possible for clams-only orders. I doubt they will say yes, and I understand the need for businesses to standardize those sorts of things. But all they can do is say no, right? If I hear anything besides "no," I'll report back.

That's a great idea...thanks!

MaggieMae - PI had those scents in melts in the fall. Wonder what's up? [smilie=th_scratch] BTW - CF (Christina) did a nice review on those scents in the fall - did U see it? Ok - just checked and they're there. [smilie=th_thumbs20up] Did U look by 'all scents'? Each scent has a description and products U can buy. Just sayin.... [smilie=th_Whistle]

Thanks Sweet! [smilie=th_yourock] I didn't think about doing that! I went into the "melts" section and those 2 are not listed! :) I'll just see what answer Christy gets back and I'll make a decision.

Edit: Oh yea...forgot to post...White Witch upstairs...SOOOO WONDERFUL! :)

[smilie=th_autumboy]

Good Morning! A chilly 30 degrees here in the PanHandle - brrr! I was up at 2:45 this morning because one of my dogs had a seizure - he was right on schedule at 59 days since the last one, they have been occurring about every 60 days. Weird disease.

Anyway, I changed out a few melters since I'm up -

I moved Summer Nites by CBV to the hallway because I could still smell it and I love it (and thanks again to my Swap Buddy for that one!)

It its' place, I now have Snuggle Wild Orchid Vanilla by Missy's Tempting Tarts, and I'm lovin' that one too!

Another treasure from my Swap Pal, Beach Walk by YC is in the kitchen

In my room I still have some holiday winter scents in the basket by that warmer, so this morning it's Holiday Cheer by Soy Breeze

In the kids' bathroom, it's a rewarm of Frankinsense & Myrrh (never can spell that one) by BH&G

I have yet to pick out something for my bathroom

Over the weekend I did try out one of my Harry & David candles I got BOGO at the grocery on Friday. I got Royal Riviera Pear and Honeybell Citrus. I started with the Pear, and while it was not a super strong scent, it did seem to throw well. Unfortunately, the scent pool never passed an oval shape (square candle) and the wicks started drowning, with a very low flame. I moved it to the bathroom window ledge, hoping it had something to do with the draft by the fireplace, but no improvement. I had been debating on going back to get 2 more before the sale ends, but I have decided to get a couple more Morenci when I buy another candle.

:mellow:

I'm glad this busy weekend is over - the cookout went well for my ex's b-day (I know it sounds weird, but he never remarried and he lives on our property in a garage apartment, eats dinner with us every night and has never ceased to be a part of our family - we moved up here from south FL all together - a very UN Hallmark kind of family - and NO, not "brother husbands" I have been teased about that) LOL

It was chilly but we rode go-karts in the yard and did some garden preparation, and enjoyed lots of hot chocolate! We haven't had much of a real winter here, just a cold day here and ther and I hope it stabilizes by spring or the garden is going to be a mess.

I hope everyone has a great week in store.

:thwetkissf: