The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

November's Feast of Fragrances

Hpe everyone had a good Halloween. Ours was lots of fun, but went too fast. Sammy was a hot dog! He is half miniature pinscher/ half papillion. He didn't like the door bell ringing much :) I held him at the door and handed out candy. Dh took the kids and my niece around. Later I went back out with the kids. I love watching them go to the doors. Trep, thanks for the crock info. I didn't think of tartburners. They are very pretty. Not meting anything yet, just popped the dish in the freezer.

It's a rough early morning after all the fun last night. I propose two more official holiday days off. The day after Halloween and the day after Superbowl. Who's with me?

yawn*

I put on a melt in the dark this morning without looking. It's Mistletoe Kisses from LOL. It smells good but 'tisn't the season quite yet. Then I turned a light on and added Maple Sugar Corn Pudding from Nene's - It's always the season for this one.

Welcome November.

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Happy Monday everyone!!

I too am draging a bit this morning, but trying to face this cool bright sunny day with a smile [smilie=th_sml29]

Melting an amazing delicious scent from Can Do...Blackberry Croissant!!

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

We had 15 trick-or-treaters so I consider this quite a few for our street. Also, my girlfriend and her hubby came by in costume. I gave her tarts and B & B....It will be a late one tonight with the Colts game. We are pretty beat up so I am keeping my fingers crossed and my blue sugar candle going. I am melting Midnight Embers-Carol and EE-Snake Bite. I plan to change out in a little while. It's a cold November day and I guess it's time for me to start thinking about doing some Christmas gift buying. I am really sizing back this year. Have a great day everyone. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

We had 15 trick-or-treaters so I consider this quite a few for our street. Also, my girlfriend and her hubby came by in costume. I gave her tarts and B & B....It will be a late one tonight with the Colts game. We are pretty beat up so I am keeping my fingers crossed and my blue sugar candle going. I am melting Midnight Embers-Carol and EE-Snake Bite. I plan to change out in a little while. It's a cold November day and I guess it's time for me to start thinking about doing some Christmas gift buying. I am really sizing back this year. Have a great day everyone. [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe

Good Afternoon, Melting from BH & G Gingerbread, I really like it. When I went to Walmart last week they were putting out the Christmas scents. Will definately get some more.

Hi All-

Very nice weekend here. DD and her friend came home from college for a nice visit. We went to Manhattan on Saturday and met up with my DS for dinner. Since he is working crazy hours it is rare that we get to spend time with him.

Glad Halloween is over but can't believe that it is November already. Time to start Christmas shopping. We are going to Florida the week before Christmas so I need to get my shopping done early this year.

Today's melts are -

CCCC Candy Corn Cookies

CCCC Candy Corn Buttercream

Unknown Vendor sample Candy Corn Buttercream

It smells great here. You can't go wrong with Deanna's tarts.

Hi everyone! I can definitely sympathize with all you sleepy heads having trouble getting going today after all the fun last night. I was up fairly late last night, and then my daughter woke me up from a deep sleep because she needed some cough medicine. Never did drift back off until close to morning. Maybe it was all that sugar last night? :blink:

Katz, I'll go trick-or-treating at your house any ol' year if I can get my hands on tarts. How fun!

I can't face Christmas shopping just yet, but it is definitely on my radar. I know better than to wait. One year, I waited too long, and I literally ended up in tears because I couldn't find what I was searching for and no one would even let my shopping cart enter the flow of "traffic" into the main aisle of a Target store! And then the parking lot was a competitive nightmare-- vultures swooping in for the kill, honking and blocking cars so they could wait for someone to pull out-- all in the windy cold and snow! I'm all about shopping online these days.

For now, I'm still into harvest mode. In fact, I'm melting YC Harvest.

SweetTart, it was so much fun...scary, but in a good way...lol. Let us know how the haunted prison is, okay?? Have fun! I have a super duper powerful sniffer with the strong scents. However, sometimes the strong ones are good...I do have 2 boys and a DH!!!! P - U !!!! pong.gif

Aria- You too sweet, thanx. But unfortunately fiance and I didnt get to go becuz in the end, almost everyone bail out on us, so we end up not going. :( Sucks but there is always next year. and you silly funny with the whole you having 2 boys and a DH p-u thing. Hee hee! and good to hear that your friend Pat's surgery went fine. Hope all is well with her.

PuppyLove- Awesome November Thread Title. :)

Been busy chilling with bro and sis in law and all that I have been missing out on alot here on the forum from Candlefan scarey bugs story to talks about crock pot style warmer to Jules cute new word "Happy Halloweekend." Awesome! Hee hee!! [smilie=th_giggle]

Well Halloween week was a busy one for me, been helping my sis in law shop for her halloween costume as she wanted to dress up as Katy Perry and was also costume shopping for myself as Lady Gaga. Bro, SIL, Fiance, and I and few others went halloween party nightclub dancing on saturday night all dress up in costumes. Had some fun and it was so crowded and packed. Saw alota costumes and a girl had dress up as the girl from the Avatar movie with the blue and all, it was pretty awesome. You guys should have seen it. I say that girl had the best costume that night. [smilie=th_aa17]

On Halloween day, we all went trick or treating with little niece and after that I decided to spend some time at my mom's new place since i havent check out her new apartment and thought it be nice to pay her a visit since she been wanting us to stop by. Glad i did, she seem so happy for me to came by and kept asking me if I like how she have decorated and done with the place and if i liked her place. She too cute. [smilie=th_00000020]

Recent melts:

CFTKR Black and Blue- love this one and Fiance seem to love this one as well. He kept commenting on how this smells so good when melting. Lol. cute.

Can-Do Paradise Island- nice citrus-y scent with decent scent throw.

YC Candy Corn

Happy November! [smilie=th_smilies-1] So nice to hear how much fun everyone had on Halloween.

SweetTart, thanks re this thread's title. Very kind of you to mention it. [smilie=th_sml29] It sounds like you've been having a rollicking good time lately. So glad to hear it! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurr I would have loved to have seen that Avatar costume!

Jules, you always crack me up. [smilie=th_foolish1]

Candlefan, you description of way-too-late holiday shopping is no vision of sugar plums! Sounds more like Nightmare on Mall Street or somethin'. [smilie=th_thConfus_55] Thanks for the motivation to get my behind in gear.

It's going to be a "What the heck should I melt?" kinda week. Beautiful and mild today, going up to the high 80's mid week. [smilie=th_fear8] I'm putting the spicy, cozy, harvest type melts in the back and bringing the fruity tropical ones to the front. I made a great choice today, if I do say so myself. Pineapple Supreme from SSS. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Gail

Good afternoon and Happy November

Today I'm melting CFTKR Cinnamon Cider Toddy and a GC in Cranberry Orange

Twinsmom-I also purchased some BH&G tarts at walmart and found the gingerbread to be nice and fragrant! Overall I was happy with the most of the BH&G taRTS I got and would buy again as well.

thwazzup.gif Happy November! I finally made it here today! I was cleaning up and putting away some Halloween decorations...still have more to put away...and I just decided I needed a wee break. whew.gif

Melting a cuttable tart from Carol...Banana Walnut Bread...can you say "heavenly" boys and girls? That's it , I knew you could.

The boys got quite the haul of goodies last night and we ended up giving out all of our candy here. It was a great night for trick or treaters...guessing we had somewhere around 300 kiddos come here for goodies.

Got my first ever order from Backroad Hobbies. mail.gif Everything smells great a some nice freebies. The snowman face tarts are so cute as are the mini snowball tarts. I will try to post some pr0n later.

SweetTart, you have to let everyone know that next year NO ONE is allowed to bail!!!! Or ELSE!!! muahaha.gifrotfl2.gif This is a fun place to visit, isn't it? You never know what the topic of the day will be....

candlefan, ITA about the whole Christmas shopping thing...on-line shopping is quite a blessing for those of us who hate crowds.smiley-typing-computer.gif Love when you can get free shipping too!!!

Maurie & Busy, how are you two lovely ladies doing today? d137c514db3aa074bba5eea16cc61342.gif

Gail,the thread title is perfect....1sm181GoldStars.gif

Okay, running out the door to chauffeur the boys around for a bit....bye-2.gif

Hit the Yankee store today and came way with room sprays in North Pole and Spiced Pumpkin and candles in Spiced Pumpkin, Pumpkin Pie, Frosty Air, Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Shortbread Cookie, Autumn Fruit and Christmas Cupcake. I had the B2G2 coupon and you can double it or triple it or whatever you want so I went a little nuts. Ha!! Came home and stuck my Christmas Cookie jar under the lamp--not smelling much so it may be time to dump that layer of wax. Have a great evening everyone.

Aria- [smilie=th_1_bigone110] U had 3 HUNDRED trick 'r treaters? That's a LOT of kids :shock: ....and a lot of candy to buy! I agree, Carol's Banana Nut Bread is heavenly! [smilie=cloud_9]

I'm melting CrossCreeks Creamy Fall Trifle and it's SO good! [smilie=th_00000020]

It's cold here! I hate to see Halloween end... makes winter seem right around the corner. I am melting Carol's Sweet Harvest Pumpkin... very nice. I am trying to burn a Slatkkin Mint Chocolate Chip but the dumb wicks are drowning. I can't believe it. I kept reading about that problem but had only experienced it in one candle before. It has a great scent, but it's way too light because of the wicks. AND one of my CandleImpression flameless candles that I have on the piano is only like half lit. It is in a set of 3 and we just changed the batteries on Friday. They were all working great until tonight. They are only about 18 months old. Going to bed soon...it's dark and cold here, lol.

WOW!! 300 trick or treaters?? You sure had a crowd Aria!!

Tonight it's Java Twist from OMG Candles...SUPER strong tart!!!! A coffee and peppermint blend.I can smell this all over the house! [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Add me to the "Oh my word!" crowd, Aria! I hope you were prepared for that many little tricksters!

Trep - you always have the best shopping trips tp YC - I think we need pics of your candle stash, LOL!

Tonight I am melting my last tart from Suds and Light (OOB)- and I need to find someone else making it: Ginger Krumkake.

Aria, thank you re the thread title. [smilie=th_sml29] That's an aMAZing number of trick-or-treaters. And no doubt an incredible amount of candy given! [smilie=th_aa17]

I started a new candle this evening, Slatkin's Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin. It's behaving quite nicely but I'm not getting any throw at all. [smilie=th_cray] This surprises the heck out of me. I just may end up having to take this one back. [smilie=th_ANGRY_10]

Gail

Recent melts:

Ashley's - Tuscan Melon Apricot

BH&G - Mulled Cranberry

LOL - Carmelized Pear Tartlette

Burning:

Last of YC - Banana Cream Pie

BBW - Vanilla Bean Noel

Starting my day out with Yankee Banana Cream Pie and Spiced Pumpkin and Huckleberry Layne Very Vanilla. It has turned very chilly here--really feels like candle weather now.

Aria--300 trick or treaters--I never heard of anyone having that many--you must have bought out the candy aisle-LOL

Have a great day everyone.