The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind Placeholder

New to Candles and New to Candlefind

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tiffany Kim and I'm rather new to the world of scented candles. I actually stumbled across Candlefind because I was doing a bit of shopping for Mother's Day. Mom really loves her Yankee candles, and though I think they are scented well, I find them to be a bit out of my college student's strapped price range! ;) Also, being blind and unable to drive around means I do most of my shopping online.

When I came upon Candlefind, I was amazed (make that awestruck!) by the sheer number of companies, most of which I had never heard of. I began browsing the reviews and realized that there was a vast world of candles to explore and an even wider array of scents. With luck, I will pass my comprehensive exams this May, land a job, and have more coinage to start spending on candles. I think exploring the miriad of scented candles out there will give Mom and I a chance for some mother-daughter bonding.

Besides candles, I enjoy reading (culinary cozies are my favorites right now), playing the guitar, writing, and singing karaoke. I live in Southern California with Mom, Dad, and a lovely black Labrador named Lara. I have two younger sisters but they live elsewhere. Anyway, great to be here and I hope I will enjoy this aromatic adventure.

Thank you for such a warm welcome! I've been reading the reviews on this forum and have really been getting a kick out of discovering new companies. The next step will be whipping out my pocketbook. :)

I understand Candlefind also has a sister site for bath and body products. I'm almost afraid to check that out because I enjoy bath products immensely. A warm bubble bath is one of my greatest indulgences, lol, so I'm sure I would end up browsing that site for hours. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to discussing candles with you.

Hi Tiffany Kim. Welcome to the board. Discovering new candles and scents can be a great way to bond with your Mom. Hopefully you two will share similar scent preferences.

You are welcome on Bath and Body Find too. We're always interested in sharing any good B and B finds.

Hi Tiffany Kim. Welcome to the board. Discovering new candles and scents can be a great way to bond with your Mom. Hopefully you two will share similar scent preferences.

You are welcome on Bath and Body Find too. We're always interested in sharing any good B and B finds.

Thanks so much. For the most part, Mom and I do share similar scents. She's partial to lilac, which I also enjoy. Where we differ is that she prefers floral and clean scents, whereas I enjoy a good fruit (peach, grapefruit, and Piña colada) and love vanilla (which she despises). With so many companies to try out, I think it could take many months (or perhaps years) to even test out lilac. :D

I'm thinking that perhaps tarts would be a good way to go. I wasn't planning on burning tarts. (I always thought they cost more than candles in the long-term), but I've heard they are more potent and are a good way to review many chandlers at a time.

GREETINGS Tiffany Kim!

[smilie=th_smilies_welcome]

This place is amaaaaaazing!

(but maybe not so good for your college student budget! or any of our budgets for that matter!)

[smilie=th_lmao-1]

hi tiffany, i just found this site myself and im lovin every minute of it, hope you do too :)

michele

hi and welcome and the board, im pretty new to the group but ive already learned alot, hope you like it as much as i do [smilie=th_dancing_smile]