The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

debra99

Happy New Year with Scents of Good Cheer!

Snow was never, ever, ever meant to be measured in *feet*. That's so wrong. So are single-digit temps. I'm wondering if my face would look better on a Florida driver's license, or a Texas one. I'm sure it would also look much better on a California one.

Katz - I'll take up the complaint torch for Indiana snow. Have you seen the forecast? Nothing piddly about that. If I can't make it out of here tomorrow, I'm going to sit online and shop when it starts snowing. That's the only way to deal with this awful weather.

Crosscreek should arrive this afternoon (yay!) LOL is on the way and I hope it beats the blizzard.

I'm melting LSC Peppermint Cypress. It's old-hat to rave about how good these things are, but I'll do it anyway. This scent is *awesome*. Strong mint and the cypress just seems to make it a tad woodsy. I love strong mints so love this one. I wasn't sure what "cypress" smelled like (I know what it is... just not the aroma), but based on this it's a thumbs-up.

Stardust - that is one of my favorite scents, too.

I am melting all over the place today -

YC Quick Scent - Vanilla Lime (the weakest one I have tried)

Amber Sunset - Norman's

Tuscan Lemon - Candledippers

Silver Bells - YC -all of a sudden I love this one. Naturally, try and find it now! :crysmiley1:

Hi All-

I have nothing melting today. I think I am going to try one from LSC since mine have now cured and you all can't stop raving.

Laurie and Cat-Happy belated birthday to your DD's. They grow up quickly.

The weather forecasts are still saying we are going to get hit with our biggest snowfall yet. I am soooo over this.

Two winters ago it didn't even snow once.

Everyone has some good scents melting.

Hi everyone,

The cake was awesome, thanks for asking! I am not much of a cake person (more into cookies and pie), so I could have used more of the fruity topping, but it was delicious, a definite winner!

Sweet&spicey, I have made lots of Pioneer Woman recipes...some of my favorites include the Mexican lasagna, the Asian salad, the veggie bagel, and the carbonara with leeks. Sometimes I have to cut down on the butter because not all of us are out riding horses and burning calories all day, haha.

Today I am burning YC Macintosh and my CBV custom candle (pink sugar + lemon). Plotting future orders with PI, SH, LOL, and LSC. Hopefully I can hang on for a while longer before breaking down and ordering from someone!

Hopefully I can hang on for a while longer before breaking down and ordering from someone!

Christy - I hear ya. :unsure: There's something about winter and being indoors so much that has me looking at lots of candle sites. It's become my new hobby. :lol:

This morning's Apple Butter PoundCake (delish!) was still going strong after 8 hours (they DO last! [smilie=th_ecd36868] ), but weekends are my opportunity to melt more than one scent a day, so I poured it back into it's cup and have put on LS Baking Pumpkin Pie.

It's been a looooooong day and I am pooped...we did it all...sledding, ice skating, building snowmen. Whew! Lots of fun, but now it is time to relax. Looking forward to a nice bubble bath in just a bit. bubblebath.gif

DS#1 has had a buddy over all day and spending the night here too. I had forgotten how picky this boy is....he didn't eat much dinner because he didn't care for anything I made....Ugh. Most of the other boys who come over eat like crazy when I put food out. Oh well...

Melting one of LSC's wonderful scents....Sweet Grass & Cedar...OH MA WORD!!! I love this scent! It smells just like a beautiful fresh, grassy meadow...not flowery at all. This is a scent I would order multiples of next time! Has anyone else tried this one yet?

Hope everyone has a great night!

Aria- I haven't tried that one yet...but it's on my "try next time" list that I am trying so hard not to order NOW...

Melting:

Bonnie Blue Cookie all over...by Carol...smelling great!

We are getting ready to flee to Iowa to escape the storm that is coming. We will no doubt get the storm there too but it is to be much worse here and we live where anything over 4" of snow and we are stuck and since ice and power outages are a possibility we can't take any chances as we have no heat or water without power and they are saying below zero temps so off we are going. I will still be able to be on here. Good luck to all the rest of you facing this nasty stuff.

DS#1 has had a buddy over all day and spending the night here too. I had forgotten how picky this boy is....he didn't eat much dinner because he didn't care for anything I made....Ugh. Most of the other boys who come over eat like crazy when I put food out. Oh well...

Melting one of LSC's wonderful scents....Sweet Grass & Cedar...OH MA WORD!!! I love this scent! It smells just like a beautiful fresh, grassy meadow...not flowery at all. This is a scent I would order multiples of next time! Has anyone else tried this one yet?

Hope everyone has a great night!

It sounds divine! I have it on my list already for when I hit up LSC the 2nd time. I'm re-running Grapefruit Mangosteen this morning. It smelled so good yesterday, I kept turning off the melter so I could savor it longer. Does anyone else do that? ^_^

Ya gotta love the picky kids, I don't let it bother me. I had a sleepover and halloween craft party years back and this one girl was complaining there were'nt enough noodles in the soup (it was canned C*mpbells with jackolantern noodles). :o I always just made a point of telling my kids (later on) that they better not ever be that way at someone's house. I actually found my kids would come home and tell me they had eaten something at someone elses house that they turned their nose up at home and liked it! :)

We are getting ready to flee to Iowa to escape the storm that is coming. We will no doubt get the storm there too but it is to be much worse here and we live where anything over 4" of snow and we are stuck and since ice and power outages are a possibility we can't take any chances as we have no heat or water without power and they are saying below zero temps so off we are going. I will still be able to be on here. Good luck to all the rest of you facing this nasty stuff.

Trep- STAY SAFE!!!

Trep - keep safe! Right now sounds like lots may be affected by the upcoming weather system. I'd much rather have snow than ice.

I'm burning Cheryl's Vanilla Pods candle - wonderful vanilla scent! :wub: I think the tart in this scent is stronger, but, for me, am finding most tarts just have the ability to be stronger than candles. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Trep, thinking of you and your family. Safe travels to all!

I'm melting Haley's Trick or Treat. It's definitely the latter!

Gail

I'm melting GHBT's Almond Rum Cake - good & strong! [smilie=th_e3301ae2] I'm making a pot of everything but the kitchen sink and needed something to offset that. Glad to see they're playing nicely and not fighting. [smilie=th_bb40]

Burning Baked Apple Strudel from CBV and melting TiffanyD, also from CBV. Yummy on both of these.

I am sooooooo excited. I just placed my first Lasting Scents order. I got 18 scent cups (or tarts or SS's...whatever) to try and also got my best friend Cindy (yea........busymom) to order with me. You DID order right friend? LOL She loves this company and everyone here seems to rave as well. I have read nothing bad to date and that pushed me. I am very reluctant to try new vendors lately as I have gotten some duds, but this one was too good to pass up. She also has great prices and fair shipping, to go along with a pretty neat scent list. Little Valentines gift from the hubby.

Hope everyone is well. Been a bit stressful and an emotional roller coaster around my end, but I am trying to pull myself out of the funk. I just wish and pray everyday that my DH can find a job and start to feel and act like himself again. Still no catfood on the menu for dinners but I am concerned for his mental and physical health. Then I got the 20yr. old going thru his own work related issues and negative feelings with that. Well, then a 15yr. old son with typical 15yr. old issues. Not bellyaching cause it doesn't help and I know my situation is not unique and there are many in worse places, but just wanted to let you guys know where Ive been and such. I so love this forum and all here and look forward to getting here and catching up.

Happy Sunday all! [smilie=th_december2201661-1]

Hey all... [smilie=th_WE1summer013]

Been a beautiful day here in the mtns...have my windows up at home, and my flip flops on my feet, its been a nice change but I want MY winter back..haha!! I love the cooler temps better [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

[smilie=th_bighug-1] Big hugs to you my special BF...you know you tempted me and I did go over to the dark side with ya [smilie=th_ecd36868] its fun to fall together!! RIGHT [smilie=th_fe5b5651] LOL!!! Your list is perfect and you will be sooo very happy with those choices...get ready to be hooked!! Glad you are feeling a bit better today..so very glad to see you here today!!

Melting some delicious scents today...Front Porch Blackberry Oak..OMG this scent is strong and incredible...YUM YUM!!! Also have CBV Jacob Black going strong in my BR...fantastic SS here too!!!

Have a lovely afternoon [smilie=th_biqazm1]

I haven't posted in this thread for a bit but have been melting away. Today, I have Nene's Orange Caramel Cake, very good oh dear, and another Nene's melting French Apricot Cake and very good, too, but weaker throw.

We're having pizza delivered for dinner tonight and I'm counting the minutes till the delivery driver rings the bell. I think I'll switch out melts tonight to some new ones from Soy Breeze, in pumpkin scents.

Have to go vote for the Feb thread title!

I am sending good wishes your way, Maurie!

We spent the weekend helping a son move. I fell with a big ol' armload of stuff, and wowie, do I bruise nicely!

Today is:

Melissa's - Hyacinth

House of Soy - Afternoon Breeze

Pink Flower - Banana Nut Bread.

All in different rooms, of course!

Awww...Maurie, I'm sorry to hear your DH is still looking for work. Sending prayers your way for good news. [smilie=th_blij81]

Debra - ouch, that had to hurt! Don't U think a big 'ol candle from your DS would make U feel better? [smilie=th_c032]

This afternoon's Almond Rum Cake didn't sit well with me :wacko: and had to shut er down. I like almond, so must have been the rum. I changed to LOL's Vanilla Crack and it's been cranking out yumminess ever since. [smilie=th_slider_flirt] I just lit Cheryl's Vanilla Pod candle to add to the vanilla ambiance.

G'nite....sweet dreams all. [smilie=th_offtobed]

Thanks for all the well wishes, everyone. We made it up here safely and will be getting some snow here but no ice as far as they know now. I am hoping we don't get the ice at our house and lose our power but having lived through 5 terrifying days in 2007 with no power, water, phones, etc we were taking no chances this time. It sounds like the entire mid section of the country could be in peril so to all of you who are also facing this and perhaps worse--be safe and don't take any chances in this weather.

I have on BBW Peach Bellini this evening--love this scent.

I am off to bed for an early night--all this tension and traveling has worn me out.

Maurie, enjoy that LSC order (I have not tried her yet but am hoping to sometime this year) and we are sending good vibes for the men in your life to find good employment.

DH and I went on a serious cleaning binge today. The tart I melted today was GG Intoxication (great, earthier than I expected). I also burned several candles, including YC Dune Grass and GC Boughs & Berries.

My next wax-related purchase might not be wax...I'm thinking of getting a storage cubicle thing to display my collection!

Maurie, I certainly do miss you around here. I hope things get better for you soon and your hubby finds work.

Debra, I hope you're OK!

I've been busy fulfilling my promise to myself and finished up my Sparklepuss stash. Sparkling Violets, Gardenia, Lemongrass, Whipped Sugar. Hopefully there are no more lurking around.

I managed to get some other goodies in such as one of my faves - Chocolate Chip Cookies & Milk from Sugar & Spice.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Good night!

[smilie=th_ef3416a0] Maurie~ Hope things start looking up for you!

Debra~ Oh No...I hope that bruise heals quickly...that sounds painful! [smilie=th_balloons]

BLue Hawaiian still going downstairs...

Angel from Country Light upstairs...this one is a palm wax which I thought I didn't like... [smilie=th_1286B215] I think I like it! I think palm gets much stronger as it sits...

Good Night. [smilie=th_offtobed]