The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Christmas Time, Scents Sublime

Burning GIngerbread from YC. Its a great one!! Also finishing up the last of my Bartlett Pear from Kringle. Its not as strong as when I first started it - still a good scent - just doesnt have the throw as when it was new.

Debbie

Busy day today. Spent all day at the hospital with my mom. She had cataract surgery today. Everything went well. Now I am at home and relaxing with CHS Caramel Vanilla Latte. Nice scent but it could be stronger.

Everyone sounds like they had some nice scents going today. Can't believe a few of you have had snow already. It hit 61 degrees here today. It was very windy and rainy though.

Jules-Glad to hear that the weather is still nice in Florida. My warm weather was your cold front today. We are going to Disneyworld in 2 weeks. I was hoping that the weather would be warm when we go. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

Michele, I'm glad your Mom's surgery went well.

Don't worry about the weather at Disneyworld. It's always sunny and warm there. I think they have their own weather machine...all part of the Disney magic. Have a fun trip. (I'm sure you will)

eggnogsmileyn.gif Hi there gals! I've missed a few days here...waahh!

Right now I am burning a heavenly Gingerbread candle from Swan Creek...mouthwatering good. Smells like gingerbread cookies with a little hint of coffee.

holykiss.gif

Hiya. The_Hi.gif Swan Creek is on my radar again. I need more Vanilla Poundcake drizzle melts. In fact I kept checking their website over Thanksgiving, then Black Friday, then Cyber Monday, hoping and begging for a sale, but no such luck.

I'm going to need to bite the bullet and just order. Candleberry and 1803 are two more on my wish list.

today's smellies.

YC jar - Holiday Sage cloud_9.gif

YC jar - Cranberry Peppermint

Colonial jar - Magical Christmas

Pink Flower Scents- Sweet Treats For Santa

Lunableu - Apple Harvest

Gail, awww man!!!! I missed the sale! I usually get emails from BBW regarding sales....must've missed that too!!! :angry: Regarding your odd smelling tart from Haley's...I have some votives from there scented in White Christmas that smell like soap to me.

Jules, I say go ahead and order from Swan Creek. They very rarely if ever have sales. I got the gingerbread candle at an antique shop, but I get better deals at the actual Swan Creek Outlet which is a 40 minute ride for me. Let us know if you order!

I'm still burning the same candle from earlier....it's small, but sure packs a punch. :wub:

Joan- i was eyeing that triple fragrance holiday candles, i think its from Airwick. Wanted to see if it was any good since it smell so strong and good at cold sniff. sux that its tunneling though.

denimsway- sux that 1 of your fav companies is not the same anymore. I agree with stardustgirl that its just awful when something change for the worst. Sorry to hear that denimsway. :(

stardustgirl- your hilarious with the whole "puh-leeze" thing of the weather. [smilie=th_Skratta_Bankabordet]

candlelove- good to hear that that your mom surgery went well. :)

Puppylove- I agree, you ARE a "word nerd" indeed [smilie=th_aa21]

debra99- oh how suck to have old tarts to just not smell good anymore like that. Good to know how the paraffin and soy tarts will be when kept for a long time. You see debra, dont be buying so much that you're leaving them for a very long time like that. Hee hee! I joke, i joke. Love ya. :tongue:

I also took advantage of the Can-do one day sale and only bought 20 tarts as well. Wanted to do more as she is one of my fav, but i already have 2 orders from other vendors already. So i just wana AT LEAST get something something frm can-do. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Well i received my candles order and just gotten to open it last night and to my horror, it was all shattered up!! :o I was so sad as i was looking forward into trying the larger size candles from this company. [smilie=th_cry2yw3] It wasnt just cracked, it was shattered!! Darn mailman!! [smilie=th_hmph] It was so bad i had to throw one of the 2 candles away becuz the pieces was all over and into it. I was so sad as i just didnt know wat to do, but i email the vendor and she was so understanding and sweet as to mail out replacement candles for me. I was afraid that there was nothing i could do, but she made my day as to how sweet and understanding she was. Im relieved and happy now. [smilie=th_yay] Hopefully and praying that the mailman will deliver it to me safe and sound this time around.

Recent melts:

CFTKR Indian Summer and Haley's Indian Summer

CFTKR Summer Daze

Haely's Precious Puppy and Jamaica Me Crazy

Melting a few tarts this afternoon. Wylde Ivy- sandcastles- smells like summertime at the beach, love that one.

Gingerbread latte from Nene's is going downstairs. Really smells great!

Karrie

Oh Aria, that's a darned shame you missed the BBW sale. [smilie=th_empathy] Your White Christmas votives from Haley's smell like soap? That's as weird as my Chai Tea smelling like flowers. [smilie=th_scratch] I didn't like it at all and switched to Haley's Mulberry. Definitely mo' better! [smilie=snoopy]

SweetTart, thank you ma'am. I'm pretty decent with words. Just don't ask me to do math cuz it will get ugly. [smilie=th_tease-1] That's horrid about your shattered candles! I'm so sorry that happened, but what a wonderful vendor to replace them. [smilie=th_c61]

Gail

It's so ...magical. th_laughing.gif No, really, it reminds me of pink sugar in a way. It's sort of sweet, like cotton candy and vanilla, but not foody, more musky? I'm at a loss describing it, but it smells sparkly and goo-oo-oo-d.

ETA: I found this one at Home Goods.

Jules - after I asked that question I realized I'd opened myself up for a whole lotta one liners. [smilie=th_smilies-1] I applaud your restraint in answering. [smilie=th_tease-1]

I am cleaning out old, old tarts. Interesting that the old paraffin just have no smell, the old soy have a sorta stinky smell that is the same from all vendors. [smilie=th_stink]

Debra - In what way are the old soy ones stinky? Pee-Ewe stinky [smilie=th_stink] or just 'off' stinky?

I got the gingerbread candle at an antique shop, but I get better deals at the actual Swan Creek Outlet which is a 40 minute ride for me.

There you are Aria...I was just about to send out an SOS lookin for U. [smilie=th_cha69] How lucky are U that Swan Creek is just a 40 minute ride away! I think that would set me up for a monthly visit to them. Or...at least a bi-monthly visit.

[smilie=th_cha40]

Michele - glad to hear everything went well with your mom's eye surgery. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

I'm melting CFTKR's Balsam & Citrus. Such a good scent....perfect for the holiday/winter season! [smilie=th_thumbs20up]

Gail - are you at a higher elevation in SoCal? 18 is just *wrong*. Those poor palm trees...[smilie=th_cry2yw3]

Sympathies to those with broken candles and stinky melts. Disappointment is a drag.

I'm probably glad I don't live near a Swan Creek Outlet. Warm Glow is temptation enough. I wanted to go to their holiday open house sale thingie but it's supposed to snow Saturday, so that's out. [smilie=crap]

I didn't order from Can-Do. I'll save them for next year as someone new to try. My stash basket looks like it'll last until at least Valentine's day, so I'm set.

Today was Pumpkin Pound Cake from SH (awesome!!) and tonight it's Crosscreek's Aspen Winter (good, and really strong).

Stardust, yes, I'm at 3000 feet. We've been known to get down to 6 degrees in the winter and we've been up to 115 in the summer. I truly love where I am, but nobody lives here because of the weather. :blink:

I'm melting Haley's Marmalade Spice this evening and really enjoying it!

Gail

Michele~ Glad to hear your mom is doing well after that surgery.

Sweettart~ That stinks that your candles arrived shattered!! Who was the vendor cause they sound fabulous!!!

This coldness is kill'in me.... [smilie=th_autumboy] Melting Coconut Cake from Fragrant Memories.

S&S - the really old soy tarts have that strong underscent that soy sometimes has on cold sniff - heated makes it almost rancid smelling. Gotta remember though - these are really old! (And yes, I need to melt/burn more and not order so much! LOL!)

Tonight I am melting Pebble Creek - Zen Lift.

lights-1.gif Hi there! Okay...here is what I have melting...

CFTKR ~ Vanilla Pine...very good

I have several of the BBW wallflowers Holiday scents. I need to get my Winter Garland one plugged in. Maybe I'll put that one in my son's room or the evergreen one. I did hit the sale at Can-Do and ordered all Holiday Scents and Pumpkin Cheesecake for a friend.

I'm really enjoying Winter Garland...and Evergreen is an awesome one too! Your son's room will be smelling so good!

There you are Aria...I was just about to send out an SOS lookin for U. [smilie=th_cha69] How lucky are U that Swan Creek is just a 40 minute ride away! I think that would set me up for a monthly visit to them. Or...at least a bi-monthly visit.

[smilie=th_cha40]

sweet, I know! I hate when I can't come and visit my CF friends! BTW, I have to restrain myself from visiting Swan Creek too often. I can never get out of there without spending a small fortune! I really want to go see how they have the shop done up for Christmas. Their candle holders and accesories are TDF.

I have to go run a bunch of errands today...hope there aren't any crowds...lil-presents.gif

Hey y'all..not so merry here. DS is sick with the stomach virus. Just let me say that he didn't make it to the toilet and the projectile puke did not do much for me to clean up. I am one of those people that it took everything I had to clean up after my kids when they were little. Today, my tummy is kinda so, so...hope I can fight it off. [smilie=th_smielyfight] My friend went to a craft show over the weekend and brought me some wonderful smelling tart cups. The company is called Moonworks and my first melt this morning is Sassafras. It's just starting to melt and I am smelling it all ready. I will have to investigate more on this company. This is my store and errand day and I think we may get 2-4 inches of snow tomorrow. Have a great day everyone..on to more on-line shopping and such...

[smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffe Good Morning friends...

Been a little busy with kids basketball games and Christmas concerts and well..you know, its that time of year for us all!!

I placed a little order from Donna at Can Do..her winter scent list did me in, I had to..LOL!!

I am starting to get into the Christmas spirit..its cold out and the decorations in the neighborhood are going up..still have mine to do but it will happen soon!!

Melting an incredible scent from Carol..its called Apple Noel, anyone else have this one..its awesome and I am wanting another BAG..hehe!!

Have a nice weekend everyone [smilie=th_c2e41937]

Hi everyone!

Katz, I hope your little sweetie's tummy is feeling better! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the evil stomach germs stay away from you. Just the thought of the stomach flu makes my stomach hurt. One year I got it twice within 3 months thanks to DD's lovely germs. Not fun but at least it passes fast.

Tarts:

Christmas Magic - CFTKR

Almond Rum Cake - CFTKR

Candles:

Gingerbread - YC

Holly Wreath - BBW (for some reason I thought it was Holiday Wreath for the past week).

Good mornin' everyone. [smilie=th_smiley_beer] Oh no, wait a sec. [smilie=th_blij51] That's better.

Oh Katz, what a horrid time for you and your DS. I hope the virus is very short-lived and you don't get it!

Cloudy and cool today but not real cold, thank goodness. I always enjoy reading what everybody's up to. I'm off to the regional park with "the Hobbster" now and later on am teaching a private lesson at my dog club's training yard.

I'm melting LSC Cinnamon Apple Berry and it's wonderful! [smilie=th_00000020]

Have a yummy smelling day, friends!

Gail

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE!!!

So sorry I've been MIA, but I've really started getting into my Xmas shopping, and I am soooo freakin busy. I'm also helping my MIL shop too, so thats double the work.

I won't even attempt to go back too far, but I do want to give a shout out to LLVV, I am so glad that you had what sounds like a beautiful Thanksgiving with your Dad. Continued prayers to all of you.

Candlelove, glad that your Mom is doing well...

and Katz, Hope your little one is feeling better and that you don't catch any of it!!

Sounds like everyone is getting into the spirit, melting their Xmas scents. I love it! Last nights melt was YC's North Pole, I really love that scent...

Tomorrow I'm off to do some more shopping with the MIL, then I have a ton of stuff to wrap. I sure do hate wrapping, and I seem to always put it off even though I promise myself that I won't.

How are you all doing with your shopping so far?

I'll try to check in more often. I miss you guys! Have a great day!

TOODLES!!!!

It's sunny but cold here, with snow forecast for tomorrow so no Warm Glow trip for me. [smilie=th_sad2hz1]

Today I'm melting SH Peach Butterscotch Chip Cake, Spice Cake and Gingerbread - and none of them seem to throw. That's really weird for SH tarts. Maybe I just got unlucky.

sweet, I know! I hate when I can't come and visit my CF friends! BTW, I have to restrain myself from visiting Swan Creek too often. I can never get out of there without spending a small fortune! I really want to go see how they have the shop done up for Christmas. Their candle holders and accesories are TDF.

Aria - I really think you should see how SC has decorated the store for Christmas. You can scout it out for us and let us know what goodies we might need to have. You'd be doing us a favor. [smilie=th_clap1] And you really should go now, cuz once the snow starts to fly, you won't be able to make the trip for a month or two...maybe even three. :shock: So...going now will actually save you money in the long run. Keep that in mind for the story you'll be telling your DH. [smilie=th_c032]

Katz - awww geeze. Hope your DS is better soon and he's the only one in your family to get that yucky bug. [smilie=th_bb41]

Stardust - if you get LOTS of snow, probably no one will be able to go to the WG sale, so maybe they'll make it for another day to appease all the potential candle buyers. Shall I hope for LOTS of snow for U? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

I'm melting FP's Cranberry Bread is it's [smilie=th_fabulous1] !

Stardust - if you get LOTS of snow, probably no one will be able to go to the WG sale, so maybe they'll make it for another day to appease all the potential candle buyers. Shall I hope for LOTS of snow for U? [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

[smilie=th_thConfus_55]

[smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Gosh... erm... that's *really* nice of you to offer, but, um... well... ahh....

[smilie=th_sign0135]

[smilie=th_biggestgrin]

Even a dusting is too much for me. I cannot drive in that stuff at all.

[smilie=th_WE1summer013]