The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Madness...

Melting Tropical Vanilla from LOL, which I received today from Scentsnob for my birthday. [smilie=th_a056] I have never tried LOL and have been wanting too so this is quite a treat!

Thanks, Rembran. My partner came home and asked me if I'd been smoking a stogie in the bedroom, that's how strong it is!

Eewww...that will be hard to cover up! Let us know what works! [smilie=th_a056]

I am trying chocolate amber (Texas Scentsations) for the first time - so many of you ordered I had togive it a try!

Guest Anonymous

Switched over to CFTKR Almond Biscotti. It is probably going to get dumped because it smells like a Tootsie Roll. Not at all what I expected.

Thanks, Rembran. My partner came home and asked me if I'd been smoking a stogie in the bedroom, that's how strong it is!

Eewww...that will be hard to cover up! Let us know what works! [smilie=th_a056]

I am trying chocolate amber (Texas Scentsations) for the first time - so many of you ordered I had togive it a try!

Deb, please let us know what you think! This one surprised me a lot, as I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. So I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

Guest Anonymous
Just added Georgia Sunrise from Tuscadero's in the loft and the kids' rooms and Coco Cabana from Crosscreek in the powder room. I am going to dump Caramel Macchiato soon. It's a good scent, just doesn't last very long and our sunny, 80 degree weather has me in the mood for something light and fruity.

mpfand - I just took Georgia Sunrise from T's out of my melter :) Replaced it with Good Fortune Happiness (also Tuscadero's).

Too funny. [smilie=th_8d1933ff] I'm really enjoying Georgia Sunrise. In the kitchen I replaced Caramel Macchiato with Cucumber Melon (also Tuscadero's).

I should have clarified (was posting quickly) - I took Georgia Sunrise out 'cuz it was done, not because I didn't like it...I did :)

Now I have K's Kreations Red Currant in - I love it! I'm not sure it would appeal to everyone, it's got a definite tomato plant base in it along with some fruitiness. I like the earthy smells (plants, trees, etc.) and this one has a strong throw!

Scentsnob, you are melting Yankee stuff? I'm surprised! For some reason, I was thinking you were anti-YC.

Well, made my trip to the YC store today and got two big jar candles and some tarts. I got alot of tarts in Spring/Summer scents. Tonight I am burning the big candles I got, Midnight Jasmine and Amber Glow.

I split a Tuscadero's Pink Sugar tart and put half in the melter with one cube of Sugar and Spice's Vanilla Bean... let's see what I get... [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

It should be good fleur..pink sugar with vanilla is one of my favorites..pink by itself is a little too sharp for me.

I split a Tuscadero's Pink Sugar tart and put half in the melter with one cube of Sugar and Spice's Vanilla Bean... let's see what I get... [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

It should be good fleur..pink sugar with vanilla is one of my favorites..pink by itself is a little too sharp for me.

Yes, it is sometimes too sharp for me too. The little cubes are not melted yet, but I thought the vanilla would soften the "Pink"...

I do really like Cottage Hill's Pink Sugar. It is a little more mellow...

Guest scentfanatic

Trep----

I received my order today from the rescue place on ebay and I had a similar experience. 2 of my tarts were complete crumble( not sure if they were old or if it happened in shipment/packaging or what) and I ordered 2 beach walk and 2 water garden tarts but I got 4 beach walk tarts and no water garden [smilie=th_8d1933ff] I emailed her and told her what happened and she asked what she could do to make it up to me. I just hate that I did not get my water garden tarts....I was looking forward to them.

candlefaninokc

please tell me all about Amber Glow. Is it similar to YC retired Amber Sunset? How do you like it?

Jules (can I call you that?), I really like the scent of Amber Glow. I am bad at describing scents, but the YC description says: "naturally warm, inviting aroma of cypress and cedar wood blended with vanilla and juniper berry". It is earthy smelling and sort of sweet and reminds me of the 70's for some reason, but maybe that's just because of the picture on the label. It is light, but the scent is so intriguing, I can let it slide. I'll bet the tart is stronger. I've never smelled the old Amber Sunset, so can't make any comparisons there. Hope my rambling helped. [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Guest Anonymous

I put on 7-up Pound Cake from Crosscreek for the evening. Has not started melting yet, but I have high expectations after Twinkies! I am hoping it is great! Will update later. [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Eewww...that will be hard to cover up! Let us know what works! [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Deb, please let us know what you think! This one surprised me a lot, as I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. So I'm curious to hear your thoughts!

Send - I was surprised - I don't like chocolate scents, but with everyone raving I had to try it. It is unusual so I was fine with it! The undernotes really gave it an interesting fragrance and while it is not my favorite, I like it enough to melt up the rest of it!

Scent-wise, it's a weird night: Whiskey Sour from Texas Scentsations in the kitchen (nice but not what you'd think from the name), Garden of Eden from Candledippers in the master bedroom (still love it), Winter Garden from Winter Garden Aromatics in the guest bath (too strong but nice, took the unmelted half out to use later) and Olive Blossom from Cottage Hill in my daughter's room. Odd combination of scents but they all are working nicely, so I'm good! Hope everyone night has been great!

Eewww...that will be hard to cover up! Let us know what works! [smilie=th_8d1933ff]

Send - I was surprised - I don't like chocolate scents, but with everyone raving I had to try it. It is unusual so I was fine with it! The undernotes really gave it an interesting fragrance and while it is not my favorite, I like it enough to melt up the rest of it!

I'm so glad to hear you liked it, Deb! I think you hit on it perfectly: it's the "undernotes" that make this one unique. I plan on keeping it in my inventory, though I think it may take me a while to burn through it all, since it's more of a mood scent for me. Hope you're having a great night!

Wrapping it up with Cool River (blue, Tara's Candle Cottage), Pink Sugar (Candle Dippers) and Clean Cotton (Dreamthingz).

Hope everyone has a good evening -

Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juletones wrote:

candlefaninokc

please tell me all about Amber Glow. Is it similar to YC retired Amber Sunset? How do you like it?

Jules (can I call you that?), I really like the scent of Amber Glow. I am bad at describing scents, but the YC description says: "naturally warm, inviting aroma of cypress and cedar wood blended with vanilla and juniper berry". It is earthy smelling and sort of sweet and reminds me of the 70's for some reason, but maybe that's just because of the picture on the label. It is light, but the scent is so intriguing, I can let it slide. I'll bet the tart is stronger. I've never smelled the old Amber Sunset, so can't make any comparisons there. Hope my rambling helped.

Jason,

Amber Glow sounds very interesting. I like earthy, woodsy scents. This one is going on my must try list along with starfruit orange. I can't get enough orange scent lately.

I'm glad to hear the cigar smell is finally gone. My step-father used to smoke a pipe when he would visit. It would take days to air things out.

Jules :lol: