The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Guest candlefreak

We have had Hyacinth going today... probably will finish it up tomorrow. It is a really nice strong floral. I am not a huge fan of florals but this one is nice.

For the overnight burn it is Lilac Blossoms from Cozy Cottage in the kitchen. Just beautiful and without all the phony sweetness of so many I have tried.

in the living room it is Green Apple from LOL. A marvelous fresh apple scent. Smells like you just entered the shop at the local orchard with its shiny just picked apples in bushel baskets and apple bags and the scent of apple everywhere. Great throw as well.

In the comp room it is Key Lime Pie from BusyBee....talk about refreshing...I can almost taste the coolness of the thick pudding like filling heaped with whip cream and a fresh wedge of lime. Awesome!!!!!

:oops:

So where is everyone? I have been waiting for hours for you all to show up!! That's it-NO PIE FOR YOU!!!

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

I have Banana Ivy-Busy Bee and Fresh Laundry-MB

(I had to put something strong on after bathing the dogs this evening!)

Now I am off to have some of that pie! Did I mention that I have pecan trees in my backyard-too bad the nuts aren't ripe yet or I would have used my own!

Morning :oops:

Cottage Hill Lemon Bundt Cake. Very nice.

You guys have some nice scents going on.

Guest Anonymous

Currently candle burning for work - PI's Herb Garden. Will be in and out most of the day, mostly out, so in the interest of conserving my stash I may not melt anything later (gasp!) since I won't be around to enjoy it much.....I'm in the habit of putting something in the electric whether I'm here or not just so I can smell something when I walk in the door, but with prices rising like they are for everything, I'm re-thinking that.

Oooh Cat, I'm so jealous that you have pecan trees in your yard. My dh grew up having pecan trees, and his mom made pies all of the time.

This morning, it's the pink sugar tester again in my computer room, mum from the Dollar Tree in my bedroom, and coffee cake & spice from missy's tempting tarts in the kitchen. The coffee cake & spice smells delicious! Gosh, it's putting me in the mood to bake.

Have a great day, everyone!

Yeah- I love the pecan and walnut trees, until the nuts start dropping all over the place in the fall! One of the walnut trees broke one of the windows last year... I wish my pies were as good as mom and granny's used to be!

This morning I am melting Pumpkin Cornbread and Cranberry Spice-both from Busy Bee.

Yeah- I love the pecan and walnut trees, until the nuts start dropping all over the place in the fall! One of the walnut trees broke one of the windows last year... I wish my pies were as good as mom and granny's used to be!

This morning I am melting Pumpkin Cornbread and Cranberry Spice-both from Busy Bee.

Oooh, you have walnut trees, too? How wonderful! I love, love, love walnuts.

That candied apple from Yankee was a total bust--pooped out after 2 hrs--tried the other one and it didn't even smell at all. I have replaced them with Huckelberry Layne Fresh Apple and YC Simply Home Red Apple. Hopefully, I can get something to smell around here.

That candied apple from Yankee was a total bust--pooped out after 2 hrs--tried the other one and it didn't even smell at all. I have replaced them with Huckelberry Layne Fresh Apple and YC Simply Home Red Apple. Hopefully, I can get something to smell around here.

I'm sorry to hear this. I haven't melted this one yet, but was really looking forward to it.

Hi

this morning I am melting YC HoneyDew melon and YC Vamilla Lime.

Had so horrible night, maybe on of the worst. :oops:

The power went out around 10pm. I live in an attic appartment under the roof and there is a living hell in the summertime, not mentioning extreme hot temperatures yesterday.

Yesterday the temperatures in out apartment reached 115F in the day. The candles were melting themselves, you can literally take hard Yankee candle and stick a finger all the way into the wax. We are allowed only to have AC in the bedroom and livingroom, but those with all the power can only bring it down to like 90s.

So yeah yesterday night was no AC, no power. I tried to fall asleep but was even worrying if it safe, I might get overheated or something and collapse. It was impossible to breath. So at 1:30am my boyfriend decided that we are going to sleep into the car. What helped a but it was still so hot when we turned the engine off. We didn't sleep a bit. OMG, the power came back at 5am.

I'm sorry to hear this. I haven't melted this one yet, but was really looking forward to it.

Jason--I am hoping this was just a fluke because for like 90 minutes that first Candied Apple was really throwing and then nothing--if you put your nose practically in it you could smell if for another 30 minutes but then nothing but a wax smell. The second one was worse. Hopefully, mine just missed getting the scent oil in right or something. I have had this happen before with Yankee and I waited awhile and tried them again and it was OK so you may have different results. Nancy

Hi

this morning I am melting YC HoneyDew melon and YC Vamilla Lime.

Had so horrible night, maybe on of the worst. :oops:

The power went out around 10pm. I live in an attic appartment under the roof and there is a living hell in the summertime, not mentioning extreme hot temperatures yesterday.

Yesterday the temperatures in out apartment reached 115F in the day. The candles were melting themselves, you can literally take hard Yankee candle and stick a finger all the way into the wax. We are allowed only to have AC in the bedroom and livingroom, but those with all the power can only bring it down to like 90s.

So yeah yesterday night was no AC, no power. I tried to fall asleep but was even worrying if it safe, I might get overheated or something and collapse. It was impossible to breath. So at 1:30am my boyfriend decided that we are going to sleep into the car. What helped a but it was still so hot when we turned the engine off. We didn't sleep a bit. OMG, the power came back at 5am.

Desert--that is just awful. I hope today is better for you--it would almost have to be.

Guest candlefreak

Gosh DesertRose, I am so sorry to hear about your power being out. That is horrible! I live in Tx and have had that happen to us during the heat of summer too. There is nothing worse! I hope you are having a better day and maybe are getting some rest today.

Desertrose, hope you're doing better now that it's cooler today!

This morning it was still leftovers from last night -

Angie's Blueberry Cheesecake (after all that talk about pie I just had to melt some bakery)

Crosscreek's Root Beer Granita Float (it was so hot yesterday I had to have something that at least smelled cool)

Have a good day everyone!

I got tired of apple--it was good but I get tired of apple scents quickly. I chopped up a YC Fudge Ripple ( they didn't make any tarts) and am burning half of it in a tealight melter in the downstairs bath. It is surprisingly good. In the electric I am trying the new YC Chocolate Cupcake--cold it smells just like its name so we will see how it is when it melts.