The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

Good Morning everyone. I was without internet service all day yesterday due to this big lightning strike we had midnight Sunday which blew up our modem. When it hit I thought it had blown up the the whole house!! Scary.

Anyway, yesterday I tried the new Orchard Pear from YC--didn't get a great throw from this but the weather was damp and chilly so it may have been that. I put it upstairs in the bath and it did pretty good--smelled great when you could smell it.

This morning it is the new YC Blueberry Scone--Jason--you are right--it is not sour and smells really good--I will be getting more of these.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Trep, that does sound scary! I'm glad you have your service back and hope nothing else was damaged.

This morning - Lemonhead from Nene's. This is a good lemony scent, just like the candy. I'd say moderate scent throw.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hi everyone... another HOT day here... my poor dog is just panting all the time.... I took her for a short walk this morning... early... it was still pretty hot... she will stay in the rest of the day!

I may muster the strength to melt something today... maybe a Candle Haven's Whipped Cream & Honeydew tart... that scent is so refreshing...

send... congrats on the new place!

trep... I am glad you are okay after the lightning strike... we had a modem blow out once during a storm... yikes.. it was very scary... stay safe!

REMBRAN... feel better!

cyn and debra... hi... :lol:

Everyone... enjoy melting today... :lol: I am enjoying reading about all the new YC scents!

Fleur, I feel your pain with no ac, your a brave woman, word has it tho today is the last day of the heat.

I have on :

aloha from tuscaderos

amour de noel because I'm the princess

juicy peach from yc

Hope everyone has a great day

jerseymom... we have an old house... it would be complicated to put a system in... but after these last few days... we are thinking we could just cool the upstairs... it has been brutal... the older I get, the worse it seems! The ceiling fans help a little... :lol: The schools let out early yesterday... and will again today (except for the high school... they have air... of course my daughter is not happy that her brother gets out early and she does not!). Poor kids... they still have another week of school!

It's very dark and rainy here. We are melting Bridgewater's Welcome Home. Not a strong cold sniff, but we'll see how it melts.

Good morning, everyone! My dh got home yesterday from being at his parents' house for several days, and he surprised me by taking me out on a date. We went out to eat and then went to see "Ironman". What fun! I started feeling kind of bad during dinner, and by the time we got home, I was ready for bed. This morning, I feel like I got hit by a truck (sore throat, headache, earache). I sure hope this goes away soon, not so much for me, but for the fact that it's hard to do what I need to do for the kids when I'm sick.

Nancy - How scary! I'm glad everything is up and working today, though.

Send - Congrats on the new house! How exciting for you! We've been in our house for 6 months now, and I'm still thrilled every time I look at it.

Rembran - I hope you feel better!

Fleur - Stay cool! I had to go without a/c for an entire summer about 8 years ago, and I still remember every hot, sticky moment of it. Could you get some window units? We got one for my dd, and she's so much more comfortable now.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm all doped up here, and hopefully the meds will kick in soon. :lol:

Melting Whipped Cream and Honeydew from Candle Haven this morning..... [smilie=th_oregonian_mornincoffee]

Melting another new YC scent tonight, Green Bamboo. It smells very fresh, very strong!

Oh I knew right away that green bamboo is going to be the one I will love. and now when I am reading it I knoooow!!!

Got to go the yankee tonight to at least get one tart.

I just started a soy tester tart in pink sugar in the computer room. Hopefully it'll be a good one. I have 6 tarts to test - 4 soy and 2 paraffin. Fun, fun, fun! I'm also melting fresh cut grass from missy's tempting tarts for the 2nd day in my living room. Gosh, I really like this one. It's smells so fresh!

Melting Fresh Glazed Donuts from Candle Haven this morning. Not as strong as most of her scents, but still good.

Heidi- I hope you feel better soon!

Send- Enjoy your new home; it sounds wonderful!

Nancy- It stinks that your modem blew during the storm, but I'm glad to hear you're ok!

Fleur- I grew up out in the country w/o A/C and I still remember very clearly how miserable it can be. The heat seems to zap the energy right out of you!

Rembran- I hope your headache is gone and today is a better day for you!

Greeting fleur, we will melt one for you!

Send, congrats! Do you know which mountain it is?

I am melting Tuscadero's Lavendar and Lace

and an apple pie - still not too crazy about those bakery ones!

Hi, Debra! It's the ever-famous Mt. Hood out my front window. I used to see Mt. St. Helens 'cause I was on the north side of Vancouver, but now I've moved east. We can also see Mt. St. Helens from the top of the hill. I'm feeling pretty lucky, LOL! So pretty!

Guest Anonymous

Good morning - I got hit with a nasty stomach virus yesterday, still recovering and feeling really worn out today, but good enough to melt.....I have Cantalope Lily from Spotted Hog on - really nice so far.

I hope everybody feels better who is a little sick, and those of you who are battling the heat, get some cool air soon. With our 100 degree weather here most of the summer, it's really torture when the A/C goes out, and my house is old. Last time I had service people out here, they told me it looked like I was clogging up my filters with candle wax, and it was blocking the flow of cool air. That is another reason I switched to melts. I had to cut down on burning so many candles.

This morning burning CH - Birthday Cake and Butter Creme Crunch (very nice). The throw from the Butter Creme was stronger for about an hour than the Birthday Cake, but now they are both about a medium throw.The sample Lessie sent of CoCoMint Frost has been my favorite so far.

:lol:

Guest Anonymous
Nothing today. I have had a headache all day. It's such a Monday.

Sorry about the headache, Rembran. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Thanks Cyn. It's a little better. Still nothing in the burners yet. I've been too busy with dishes and laundry to get something picked out. I keep thinking about doing it but then get sidetracked. lol

Guest Anonymous

Yes Rembran, it's a new Yankee scent. They've all ready come out with their Fall line! Can you believe that? It's a good one, imo.

Oh YUM!!! I'm going to have to look for that one next time I go sniffing at the mall. lol Did the fall catalogue come out yet? I usually get the books in the mail.

Guest Anonymous
I just started a soy tester tart in pink sugar in the computer room. Hopefully it'll be a good one. I have 6 tarts to test - 4 soy and 2 paraffin. Fun, fun, fun! I'm also melting fresh cut grass from missy's tempting tarts for the 2nd day in my living room. Gosh, I really like this one. It's smells so fresh!

Thanks Fleur and Heidi for the well wishes!! [smilie=th_834c9e54]

Oooh Heidi! Who are you testing for? New vendor? Pink Sugar is one of my favorite scents. I don't think I've smelled a bad one yet.

Guest Anonymous

I forgot to say I hope you feel better Heidi. [smilie=th_834c9e54]

I just finally iced the bowls. I'm going to go pick my scents now. lol

Taking a little break from the fruity scents today....

I have one melter going with Spiced Coffee Cake from Can-Do...

This is a WINNER! Love it!