The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

June's Summertime Scents

I bet those were some good-smellin' air conditioner filters though.... [smilie=th_834c9e54]

The aerly afternoon melt is YC willow breeze....love the scent, but it's lighter than I expected!

Dabba, did you get an old Willow Breeze? That one is usually very strong.

Today, I am doing the second tealight for Green Bamboo. I like this scent, but it's another from the Fall line that smells like it should have been in the Summer line. I have a theory that since they came out so early, they wanted to have scents that would be season appropriate now. It doesn't smell like Dune Grass, but could be a cousin of that scent. I have candles in all the other rooms.

Dabba, did you get an old Willow Breeze? That one is usually very strong.

Today, I am doing the second tealight for Green Bamboo. I like this scent, but it's another from the Fall line that smells like it should have been in the Summer line. I have a theory that since they came out so early, they wanted to have scents that would be season appropriate now. It doesn't smell like Dune Grass, but could be a cousin of that scent. I have candles in all the other rooms.

I thinks that even the seasonal scents are seasonal there still must be in each line a bit for everyone, like fruit, floral, bakery and fresh. So this is for the people like me who like fresh and summer and ocean, etc all year long. [smilie=th_834c9e54]

Anyway, we can still get a large jar now and burned it over the summer. :P

I am on a papaya kick today...

Melting Mango Papaya from Front Porch and Essential Pleasures.

Have Cactus and White Peach-Mia Bella in the kitchen.

Just got a notice that my candle of the month is Sugared Clementine...Hmmm. Sounds lovely...

Guest Anonymous

I put a HoT Raspberry ALmond Cake tart in the kitchen and an unknown banana scent in the living room. I'm going to toss the banana one here pretty soon though. It just smells like burning wax. [smilie=th_834c9e54] I wonder if my it's my burner?

I just started tangerine lavender from missy's tempting tarts in my bedroom, and it's a very interesting scent. I think I like it, but I need to let it go longer before I make up my mind. I also have a lavender tester tart in my living room, and I don't smell a thing. But, I am sick today, so I can't tell if that is why. I was smelling my other tester earlier, so maybe this one is a dud. I can smell it if I stick my nose right over the melter, but nowhere else.

Guest Anonymous
I just started tangerine lavender from missy's tempting tarts in my bedroom, and it's a very interesting scent. I think I like it, but I need to let it go longer before I make up my mind. I also have a lavender tester tart in my living room, and I don't smell a thing. But, I am sick today, so I can't tell if that is why. I was smelling my other tester earlier, so maybe this one is a dud. I can smell it if I stick my nose right over the melter, but nowhere else.

Heidi, with your testers I think you said they were soy. Did you give them time to cure before melting them? It may make a big difference with the scent throw.

Hi everyone--I have been to the Yankee store/sale again. I got a coupon in my email today from Yankee--$10 off a $35 dollar order--it even said good on the sale stuff so you all know I HAD to use it. [smilie=th_834c9e54] Anyway, I got some tarts, of course and three tealight holders so that was fun.

I am melting Crosscreek Hawaiian Tropic tonight--if you like a strong, true coconut scent--this one is great. Just one tart is scenting the entire house--upstairs and down.

Well, you all have a great evening--Hope the weather straightens out for all of us and that all of you who are under the weather are much better tomorrow.

home late so am starting the early evening melt.

In the living room it is Soy Indulgence's Butterscotch Kisses....talk about realistic. Tastes like I just opened a bag of butterscotch chips and melted them with some butter...marvelous.

In the comp room it is Cozy Cottage's Texas Pecan Pie...This should be in a bigger room...the throw is humungus and strong. I can actually taste the warm buttery gooey maple filling and the pecans and the pie crust. All I need is a plate, a fork and a little homemade vanilla ice cream.

With these 2 going i don't need anything else except an appetite suppresant.!!!

[smilie=th_834c9e54]

home late so am starting the early evening melt.

In the living room it is Soy Indulgence's Butterscotch Kisses....talk about realistic. Tastes like I just opened a bag of butterscotch chips and melted them with some butter...marvelous.

In the comp room it is Cozy Cottage's Texas Pecan Pie...This should be in a bigger room...the throw is humungus and strong. I can actually taste the warm buttery gooey maple filling and the pecans and the pie crust. All I need is a plate, a fork and a little homemade vanilla ice cream.

With these 2 going i don't need anything else except an appetite suppresant.!!!

[smilie=th_834c9e54]

You are making me drool with the descriptions of those scents--yum!! You won't even need supper with all that going. Ha!!

I

Yeah, I'll be over too! Jason, it's pretty likely that's an old tart...but then again my sniffer's getting pretty old [smilie=th_834c9e54] This evening's melt is orange cake from Tranquil Temptations!

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys.......did ya hear??? [smilie=th_834c9e54] Cat's making pecan pies and we're ALL invited!!! C'mon...... let's gooooooooooooooooooooo...... [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Melting Bella's no spice pumpkin.... :P

Did someone say pie? :lol:

Grumpy Girls - Aye Carumba! Well, it smelled great in the package. Not much aye carumba-ing going on in the melter, though.

Now with Sacred Winds from Full Moon and a Ginger Lime candle from Gold Canyon.

I still have that lavender tester tart going, and I never smelled a thing. It's paraffin, so it didn't need to cure. I don't know what the deal is. I've never had a tart that I couldn't smell at all. I'm really disappointed. The soy one from the same maker that I melted had a great throw. Go figure! Hopefully it's the only dud in the bunch.

i put on pine barons as soon as i got home from work. i love these. this is as good as it gets as far as i'm concerned. i have just purchased more from tuscaderos on ebay today.

anyone else got favorites from tuscaderos. i've got to pick out a few more to try and would like your suggestions. thanks

i put on pine barons as soon as i got home from work. i love these. this is as good as it gets as far as i'm concerned. i have just purchased more from tuscaderos on ebay today.

anyone else got favorites from tuscaderos. i've got to pick out a few more to try and would like your suggestions. thanks

Denimsway,

I loved Lemon Pound Cake, Island Kona Nut, and 7Up Pound Cake. There's also a thread under Fragrance Inquiries dealing with some scent recommendations from Tuscadero's.

Finishing yesterday's apple pie, and Pure Scents' Hawaiian Sandalwood is also going.

Don't you eat up all that pie before I get there, you guys! :lol: