The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

I luv that some of us live close enough to get together. So cool.

Denny, I'm with you on decorating for Fall. Well, I've got some Autumn decorations and melters out already, but I'm waiting until next weekend to bring out the Halloween stuff. Really excited about that. Even the anticipation is fun.

It's a beautiful day here which is doing wonders for my Oscar the Grouch mood lately. So cranky yesterday.

Melting OMG Spiced Pumpkin Caramel

Burning the tealight samples from Colonial, and trying to catch enough of a whiff to decide if I want to try a larger candle. This morning: Caramel Apple and Tibetan Sandalwood. Both smell good. Darn tealights are just a tiny tease.

Finishing up the Patriotic layer jar from Bizzy B's. Down to the Warm Blueberries and Muffin layer.

Also, three Dark Candles votives going. Bonfire, and Haunted House (I think)

Sheesh, my nose is busy this morning.

[smilie=th_sHellobar]

Today I'm melting CFTKR Mac apple and Harvest Apple from Almost Country

Goose Creek Candle in Mac apple and Slatkin in Creamy Pumpkin

Hi guys! capplani.gif

This morning I have just one melter going....Carol's Pumpkin Brulee`...omg, soo good!

skylar, I have some of those Harvest Apple tarts from AC as well...love the scent! Did you get the pretty leaf shaped tarts?

Maggie, I'll bet your house is smelling divine!

LLVV, Rocky Mountain Memories? I am going to have to look that one up on Carol's site...sounds like a new scent! Is it woodsy and outdoorsy??

Denny, that is awesome that you and Barb got to meet each other and check out candles at the same time!

Jules, I need to "test" my tealights from Colonial as well. How are those Dark Candles votives working? I found some tarts from DC in my fall stash and am not really crazy about any of the scents. They are all very odd to my nose. I melted Liquored Up Tart yesterday and had to turn off the melter...blech. I remember it took a long time to received that order last fall and then when it came, I was less than thrilled with the scents. Don't know why I saved them??

ladylcl, must smell very tropical at your house today!

Okay, gotta get going...have a wonderful Sunday!

Aria, I think there is a reason that they are "Dark" candles [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon - to my nose they are best suited for fall/Halloween.

Jules - I have been eyeing my tealights, too, trying to figure out how to burn them so I can get a good whiff. Any tips?

Today is Tuscadero's First Rain.

Denny - what a fun day for U and Barbita! Did U see the rustic candle holder w/the seasonal pick changes? If so, was it nice/good quality? The new Brown Sugar Spookie sounds delish! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I'm hoping for a sale... [smilie=th_sml29]

Aria - your candy apple emotie is too cute! I got Carol's Pumpkin Brulee in a jumbo tart (luv those!). You've convinced me to try it later today. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

I'm burning Slatkins Pumpkin Patch candle and melting Nene's Pumpkin Spice Latte. Got my autumn deco's out last nite and cool or not, they're going up. [smilie=th_excited-1]

Hi guys! capplani.gif

Jules, I need to "test" my tealights from Colonial as well. How are those Dark Candles votives working? I found some tarts from DC in my fall stash and am not really crazy about any of the scents. They are all very odd to my nose. I melted Liquored Up Tart yesterday and had to turn off the melter...blech. I remember it took a long time to received that order last fall and then when it came, I was less than thrilled with the scents. Don't know why I saved them??

ladylcl, must smell very tropical at your house today!

Okay, gotta get going...have a wonderful Sunday!

That's the cutest emoti.

My DC votives are left over from last year too. I liked the scents alright. Bonfire and Vampire are two that stand out. If I order again, it will be for those two. The votives burn well but I found the scents to be rather light for my candlenose, whether it be in votive or melt.

Aria, I think there is a reason that they are "Dark" candles [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon - to my nose they are best suited for fall/Halloween.

Jules - I have been eyeing my tealights, too, trying to figure out how to burn them so I can get a good whiff. Any tips?

Today is Tuscadero's First Rain.

Tips? th_laughing.gifFunny you should ask. As a matter of fact, I am doing one tealight at a time and burning it on the desk right in front of me. If I position my nose just right, I can get a good huff. I may catch on fire or get carbon monoxide poisoning, but hey, all in the name of scent sniffing. Right? btw Caramel Apple is yummy.

Gail, there's nothing cuter than watching little ones play sports!

DH made it home safe and sound yesterday and the kids are starting to feel better so all is well here once again! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Melting Red Delicious from Scentsy. This is a true, fresh apple scent, similar to YC McIntosh. Sadly, it's been discontinued. I'm glad I bought a brick of it!

debra and Jules, I seem to think the DC scents are just not my cup o tea. I don't think I got either of the scents you mentioned Jules.

sweet, ya know, the Pumpkin Brulee is very, very good. I usually don't go for scents with a caramel or brown sugar note (they tend to overpower all the other notes), but I put this one in a lower wattage melter and I the scent I am getting is wonderful. A keeper and I would reorder this one again.

Glad everyone likes my capplani.gif...it's one of my favorite fall grahics!

Today's candles are Slatkin Pineapple Mango, and Yankee Pineapple Citrus, Christmas Cookie, Coconut Bay, Cinnamon Sugar and Harvest--some of these are votives but it all smells really good. It is another summery day here--hot and humid. Not at all as it should be for us at this time of year.

Switched to Carol's Mulled Cider and started a candle I got as a gift...Village Candle's Crisp Apple 0000aaaplle.gif

It's a beautiful afternoon here...sunny and mild.

I'm getting some of my fall decor out...our leaves are just beginning to change color here and it's putting me in the mood to decorate!

Dabba, TWO yoga classes? [smilie=th_23_32_7]

I need a bib. And probably a napkin too. I'm drooling over everybody's scents today! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4]

I'm melting TDC's Mexican Vanilla. The throw is pretty light but this is by far the best vanilla I've ever smelled. I "need" buckets of it. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

Gail

sweet, ya know, the Pumpkin Brulee is very, very good. I usually don't go for scents with a caramel or brown sugar note (they tend to overpower all the other notes), but I put this one in a lower wattage melter and I the scent I am getting is wonderful. A keeper and I would reorder this one again.

Turned out I had Carol's Gingerbread Brulee, not pumpkin. [smilie=th_roll] I'll be sure and try her Pumpkin on my next order. And I'll save the GB for closer to Christmas.

Last melt of the day is Busy B's Pumpkin Souffle. I need a drool bib, too, Puppy. This is [smilie=th_fabulous1] !!! [smilie=th_LOVE]

SweetTart, nice to hear you've had a fun and relaxing week.

PuppyLove- Thank you! :wub:

Dabba- Oh wow cool yoga class! and two classes too! Awesome! I alway wana try yoga but havent decided on which one to go to around here. Kinda to far off frm where i am and its kinda pricey. So still contemplating on whether or not i wana go.

LLVV- CFTKR Rocky Mountain Memories and Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcake sounds interesting. Havent heard of those 2 frm the last time i purchase some stuff frm her. Gonna check those 2 out on her site. :D

Well enjoy the movie "Devil" in theaters last night. I really like it alot actually. Its better then i expect it to be. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] Also we went out to Famous Dave for dinner last night. Love their ribs and side dishes there. [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] So enjoyed my saturday yesterday and today just gonna chill at home relaxing. Thinking of getting some mexican food with fiance later. ^_^

Recent melts:

CFTKR Strawberry Cheesecake- smell more of the crust than anything else. Hardly smell the strawberry. Her strawberry torte is way better compare to this one. Didnt realy like this one, so switch to another one.

CFTKR Bamboo & White Grapefruit- I really like this one alot!! Such a sweet yet spa-ish scent. Love this one!! If only they had this as a body spray, i would totally get one! [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy]

CFTKR Honey Dew Melon- Nice! Like it!

Burning BBW Lotus Flower- Nice floral scent. Just wish i dont have to keep pouring out the wax cuz of its low flame. Didnt want to exchange this one cuz loving the scent and they dont have this scent out any more, so having to supervising and pouring out the wax ever so often for the flames to come bak up. [smilie=th_F_14WA116161617]

Happy Melting Everyone

Denny - what a fun day for U and Barbita! Did U see the rustic candle holder w/the seasonal pick changes? If so, was it nice/good quality? The new Brown Sugar Spookie sounds delish! [smilie=th_drool33456183iw4] I'm hoping for a sale... [smilie=th_sml29]

Sweet - The holder w/the seasonal picks was there and it was very nice. It is not flimsy, but rather substantial in weight. Not too heavy though. Definitely good quality. I really liked the autumn leaves candlewrap. Matter of fact I called my demonstrator earlier today and asked her to order it for me.

Jules - I'm also waiting until next weekend to put out my Halloween decorations. It is a lot of fun to decorate this time of year and I love the anticipation as well.

This afternoon I'm melting CFTKR - Bonnie Blue Cookies. Sooo good! :D

Hi All-

I had a very busy but nice weekend. Yesterday we went to visit DD at college for Parent's Day. Great visit. We had a family picnic today and the weather was absolutely beautiful!

I am just burning one candle tonight-YC Candied Apple. It is a large tumbler and had a great throw but is giving me some issues. There is not a full wax pool and almost looks like the wicks are starting to drown. I exchanged all jar candles that came in tumblers for the tumblers. I am going to try the foil trio and if it doesn't work this candle is going back.

Everybody sounds like they had some great scents going this weekend. I am sorry I really didn't get any melting in.

I gave my DD's friend a warmer and a giant bag of tarts for her apartment. She absolutely loved it! She always loves the scents at my house. I also gave my older DD a giant bag of tarts for her apartment as well. I told them when they need more I will fill them up again. Sadly this didn't even make a dent in my stash. Always love to enable someone else!

:D

For this evening I'm melting YC cinnamon stick and burning a Gold Canyon in Apple.

Aria...Yep I got the very pretty leaves shapes from Almost Country in the Harvest Apple scent....I love it,such a great fall scent!The Harvest Pumpkin in the cute pumpkin shapes is also good.

Enjoy the evening everyone.

Yes, Denny and I had a great time at the Gold Canyon candle party! I'm burning one of my purchases, Old Fashioned Licorice. It is yummo, if you like licorice![smilie=th_c032]