The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Candlefind

Ex-Sept-ional scents for September

karrielynn, I have Dark Kiss in the lotion and body spray and it's really nice! I bet the candle smells great.

This afternoon I'm melting Candied Nuts from Bella's. I'm so glad it's Friday. It's been a long week with both kiddos down with the sniffles and DH away on a buisiness trip. He's due home tomorrow. [smilie=snoopy]

Kerrie, interesting info about BBW reformulating the 3-wick candles. Thanks!

Mpfand, welcome home to your DH. I hope your kiddos feel better quick.

Dabba, hopefully you'll have a better time than you're expecting selling tickets.

I'm melting CCCC's Fresh Squeezed Orange. Good one!

Gail

it's hot here today, and I have to sell tickets at the football game tonight! [smilie=th_sad2hz1] I would rather stay home and relax!

Geeze Dabba...don't they know it's your birthday!!?? Well...we do! [smilie=th_8d1933ff] Hope you have a good one! (thread started)

I opened up the box of autumn smellies I packed away from last year. Right now I'm melting SpHog's Spider Cider & Deadly Donuts. Still smells great! [smilie=th_bounce]

Sweet, you found an Autumn treasure box. th_as.gif

Interesting news about the 3 wick BBW candles. I've had low flames, but they don't tunnel. If they reformulate the candles, I'll have another excuse to buy more of them.

Mpfand, that is a long week. Here's to Friday.

I've been without internet service since yesterday morning. You'd think the world had come to an end. It's like electricity to me now. I can't tell you all how many times I needed to check some trivia or find a phone number, or shout out some news and had nowhere to turn. th_d6ac145d.gif Finally got it back up. whew. I don't know how anyone can live without a computer in the house. I really don't.

Melting:

Brown Sugar Nut Bread - Front Porch

Nutty Taffy Apple - Crosscreek

Glad you are back up and runnin', Jules. This evening I am melting Luna Bleu-French Vanilla and Oak and Bella's -pumpkin cornbread. I hope everyone had a great week, but we still need rain on our crunchy grass here. [smilie=th_bb20]

I didn't get much melting in today. Busy day. Just lit my YC large tumbler of Candied Apple and it smells really nice. I am so happy with the tumblers.

[smilie=HBday] Dabba! Hope you enjoyed your day.

Jules-Glad your computer is back up and running. I wouldn't be able to survive a day without it!

Heading to PA for Parent's weekend tomorrow. Just going for the day. I am glad the weather is supposed to be nice!

Jules, remember pre internet when you would have to make lists of things to look up at the library!?

I did not get much melting done this week, long work hours, so it is fun to catch up and see what all of your have been melting!

Jules - It sure was a treasure box! Like running into old friends. [smilie=th_drinks] I know what U mean about no internet, feel kinda outta the loop when that happens. Also, no internet = no shopping [smilie=th_crying] (don't tell the DH [smilie=th_FULL_O17] )

I'm burning Slatkin's Pumpkin Patch candle. Gonna be a beautiful day here. [smilie=th_dancing_smile]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Happy weekend!

Glad you're back, Jules.

Debra, I remember those days of researching at the library!

I'm melting Kristin's Kandles Grandma's Kitchen. I just had to have something autumnal this morning and this one's so nice. Our weather is a little wacky but typical, 94 during the day, 50 at night. [smilie=th_thanimeomega_emoticon

Here's a little anecdote about scent throw... My sis comes over yesterday. I had CCCC's Fresh Squeezed Oranges on. It was throwing very well but was a little too tangy for me. I said to sis, "I'm not really in love with this scent. What do you think?" She said, "Hmm, what scent? I don't smell anything. Are you melting?" I think this incident is pretty illuminating (pun intended) considering all the different experiences we forum members have discussed.

Have a terrific Saturday!

Chatty Gail

Good Morning!

Thank you all for wishing me well on my newest teaching assignment. z5.gif

Sweet&Spicey - I’m not a fully credentialed teacher, so I can’t teach this class for the full academic year. The school was denied funds for a fully credentialed teacher so they are making due until the funds come in. I had worked at this school full-time for the past two years teaching intervention which is designed to help at-risk students. My credential allowed me to do that since different students were rotating in and out of my classroom every 30 – 90 days. The district eliminated that position this year due to budget cuts.

I left a career in healthcare management 10 yrs ago when my boys were 13, 10 and 6 yrs of age. At that time I started substitute teaching so I could work part-time, allowing me more time with my family. I began accepting full-time assignments here and there when my oldest son entered college in order to help with college expenses.

Enough about work!

I’m excited about doing my fall decorating this weekend. I’m really in the mood to welcome in autumn and even 90 degree temps won’t stop me! In addition I’m going to a Gold Canyon Open House this morning at the home of the demonstrator I order my candles from. Should be fun! 3120.gif

Enjoying my morning tea and melting Nene’s Cinnamon Roll. [smilie=th_blij51]

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Dabba; I missed your special day. I hope you have a nice birthday....This morning it's been house cleaning and I am melting Ten Digits-Nag Champa and Colonial votive- Indiana Summer. It still feels like Summer here, still no rain and crunchy grass that hurts when I walk on it. I hope every one has a great weekend.

Gail- That is such a funny story...I know what you mean! If I have one candle going and my BIL comes over he blows it out when no one is looking because he thinks it's too smelly [smilie=th_pullhair] ...yet, my sis wouldn't smell a thing since she usually has 6 melters going all over her house. [smilie=th_confused3]

Denny~ Have fun at your GC party!!!

Sweet~ LOVE all the SP Halloween scents!!!

Melting:

Raspberry Marmalde Cookies from BG

When I took the candle back to exchange the BBW employee told me that the 3-wick candles are being re-formulated since they have had so many problems with drowning wicks. So that it good news for people who have had problems with that.

Karrielynn68- Oh realy they are?! Thats great news. Been having that problem with a few before and with one that i have right now. So thats awesome that they heard of that issue and trying to reformulate it. Cool. Thanx for sharing that info.

Here's a little anecdote about scent throw... My sis comes over yesterday. I had CCCC's Fresh Squeezed Oranges on. It was throwing very well but was a little too tangy for me. I said to sis, "I'm not really in love with this scent. What do you think?" She said, "Hmm, what scent? I don't smell anything. Are you melting?" I think this incident is pretty illuminating (pun intended) considering all the different experiences we forum members have discussed.

PuppyLove- Wow thats very interesting how people noses are diff like that! Goes to show how diff we might be sometime with our scent throw smells. [smilie=th_1_bigone110]

Dabba- Oh its your birthday?! Well [smilie=th_8d1933ff] Hope you enjoy your day.

Well had a nice week. Was fun and relaxing. Not so much drama at work and had met up with a friend for dinner which was nice with the fact that we havent hang out for awhile. So it was nice. Also stop by Marshall and saw that they had a 3 wick YC candle in Blue Wave scent and decided to try it out since it was only 7.99. [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Well for today planning to go check out "Devil" in theaters tonight. Hopefully it would be good because lately director M. Knight has suck with movies lately in my opinion. But seeing that its kinda a horror movie, so will check that out. :)

Recent melts:

CFTKR Jacuzzi- scent is interesting, not bad but wouldnt reorder it though :mellow:

FM Voodoo Love (freebie)- a floral scent type with great scent throw but the scent was just not for me, just didnt really like it. :huh:

FM Mountain Fresh- Oh my! Oh my! this not only smell exactly like the Gain detergent but boy it is really freaking strong. Not only that, when turning off melter, scent seem to linger for awhile as well! Love it!! [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Burning YC Blue Waves- love the scent, a relaxing fresh spa-ish scent with decent scent throw.

Happy Melting everyone!! Hope you all enjoy your Saturday!

Hey Linda,

Good to "see" you too. Yes, we should get together again. Its been awhile. We could do a Starbucks/Trade meet up. Lord knows, I got plenty to share. Now that the weathers nice I would be more willing to venture out. I hated this summer, sorry. Yea that weather was a mess the other day. I thought RH was going to get it bad, but it wasn't so horrible. Looked worse than what we actually got.

Today I am melting Nene's Lime Sugar, Carol's MAC Apple and Carol's Strawberry Suga Cake. All are amazing and spread out through out the house to give me fruity goodness.

Hope you are all off to a great weekend. Anyone ever try Nene's Lime Sugar? Man, its good and strong too.

Denny, you're obviously a very accomplished professional. Enjoy the new job! [smilie=th_clap1] Just as important, enjoy that GC open house!!! [smilie=th_200912104451]

SweetTart, nice to hear you've had a fun and relaxing week. [smilie=th_aa17]

I just got back from the DGDs soccer game. They're so darned cute. The one who's 5 is not competitive and not that into sports. She smiles a lot and runs with the crowd. The one who's 7 is competitive, serious, and plays well. Such opposites, those two! [smilie=th_a136]

Now it's time for relaxing and reading while enjoying one of the best scents on the planet, Lessie's Coco-Mint Frost. Be still my heart. [smilie=th_smilies-2]

Gail

In addition I’m going to a Gold Canyon Open House this morning at the home of the demonstrator I order my candles from. Should be fun! 3120.gif

Denny - what a fun morning! Nothing like being able to stick your nose in the jars for a sniff of the real thing. [smilie=th_i-m_so_happy] What was your fave scent?

I'm melting a YC recipe for Apple Barrel (Apple Pie+Mountain Lodge). It's a little too heavy on the ML for me, not smelling enuf AP. Next time I'll put more of the AP in.

Sweet&Spicey - The Gold Canyon open house was so much fun! Brown Sugar Spookie is a new scent in an adorable Halloween jar that I just had to order. She didn't have the candle on hand but I sniffed her tester and I loved it. I also bought(cash and carry) Sugar Cookie (Bella), Mulled Cider (Bella) and Spruce&Citrus (Heritage) all in the large size. Mulled Cider and Spruce&Citrus are new purchases for me. I am crazy about the cold sniff on both of those. Spruce & Citrus is probably my favorite.

I told Barbita about the open house and we went together. There was a lot of sniffing going on, that is for sure.

Happy melting/burning everyone! Just got back from my youngest DS's soccer game so I haven't started melting or burning anything yet.

Good evening all-

Melting Apple Cellar-Can Do

Red Hot Cinnamon-Can Do

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow-off to bed so I can get up at 3 am(how long before retirement?).

Good morning!

Dabba, happy belated birthday! [smilie=th_blij40]

Tonight I'm melting Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes. Earlier I melted Rocky Mountain Memories. Both are wonderful!

Cat - How long? Waaay too long!

Denny - that sounds like that was so much fun! I love sniffing parties, and I always leave with way more than I planned to!

Tonight has been YC - Island Guava