The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Fragrant Fireworks

Good Morning!

Last night's Lemon Pound Cake from Village Candle gave off a bit of a chemical smell and I wasn't getting the true value of the scent. So, I put out the flames and dug out some wax and placed it in my melter. I loved it! :P This will be a candle I melt from now on.

This morning's melt is Coffee Cake & Spice from CFTKR. rollingf.gif

[smilie=_smileyfacehugging_]

Even though the Orange Cream Cake is still going pretty well...I am changing up for my newest arrival...

Nellie's Acres "Hearts to God"....what a great name (which I messed up...it's Hearts not Hands...) and scent! Can not wait for it to melt!

Hi everyone.

Sorry for being MIA. Had to do some stuff yesterday and didn't feel like melting much.

My dad's situation isn't so good. It's cancer, probably metastic but we aren't 100% sure yet. Next week they go on a search to find the primary tumor. :-(

I started melting again this morning. I'm loving Carol's Buttermint and Angel Fantasty Cake. I just switched over to Pumpkin a la mode but it's not warm yet so I can't tell.

LLVV, so sorry to hear about your dad. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Melting Cucumber Melon from Sugar & Spice.

LLVV, take care and I will pray for your dad

All this afternoon, we've been enjoying Nene's Balinese Cascade....it's starting to fizzle out

Not sure what I want to melt this evening yet....stay tuned :)

I am melting LOL-American Dream. I love this scent and it has been discontinued. I need to find a replacement.

Katz - that's a dupe of Lush's American Cream, right? I think I've seen that on Luna Bleu's scent menu. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

LLVV - :) Stay strong. Take it day by day. We're here for you. He and you are in my prayers.

I'm melting GG's Freak Show. Another good one! [smilie=th_a136]

Didn't get much from the Cucumber Melon so now I'm melting Jelly Berry Buter Cookies from Blue Gecko.

LLVV, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! [smilie=th_bighug-1] Thinking of all of you, praying, sending healing, serene thoughts to you and your family.

Sharonana, [smilie=th_a136] for the lovely compliment on my way with words. I do love to write and the friendships and events of my dog club would put "Steel Magnolias" to shame. I'd like nothing more than to write a book about it, actually. So thanks for the kind words and yes ma'am, I'll take that Sugar Milk tart anytime! [smilie=th_giggle]

I've been ridiculously busy for days on end, most of it fun stuff. Hopefully things will settle down after Sunday. I'm hosting a cool little sleepover this weekend for my two oldest granddaughters (ages 7 and 5). They both love wax smellies and I'll let them sort through my stash and pick their favorites. :) At least I'll finally get to melt and enjoy something!

LLVV, you sure are on my mind. Bless your heart...

Gail

eta: It's getting a little late for me, but I Lit my Haley's Coconut Hibiscus candle anyway. Oooo, ahhhh, mmmmm!

Hi all! Last scents of the day are:

K - Summer Cherry Medley - CFTKR - A favorite

LR - Summer Watermelon - CFTKR - A favorite

BR - Cherry Lemonade - YC - It's ok but I don't love it - LOL has a better version I think

Bathroom - Rose of Morocco - YC - A nice rose scent

LLVV-So sorry about your Dad. Will keep both you and your family in my prayers.

Melts for today were CCCC Banana Berry and Candles by Lucy Wild Mountain Honey.

I must say that the "Hearts to God" tart was interesting. It had so many different scents going on that it was a little too much for my "noggin". [smilie=th_a136] It smelled like a fruity ozone with some floral. Of course the description says...apple, mint, oats, pineapple and cake so what do I know?? The cold sniff was delightful but the hot was a bit crazy for me. I used 3 tarts at once so maybe next time I'll use less and see.

Melting:

Apple Caramel Confection from FM which is taking over the house... (1 little 1oz. tart!!!)

Apple Strudel from Busy Bee...lovely but I can't smell it over the ACC!!!

Have a nice night! :)

Bear Claw from Crosscreek this morning. Glad this one is going strong. I've had some duds lately. Seems like everytime I get in on a good sale, I end up with what I pay for! :)

Melting:

Grazia's - Wind Chimes

CYS - Breeze in the Keys

CYS - Jungle Drums

Burning:

PI - Fruit Slices

Slatkin - Cool Tropical Breeze

I must say that the "Hearts to God" tart was interesting. It had so many different scents going on that it was a little too much for my "noggin". :P It smelled like a fruity ozone with some floral. Of course the description says...apple, mint, oats, pineapple and cake so what do I know?? The cold sniff was delightful but the hot was a bit crazy for me. I used 3 tarts at once so maybe next time I'll use less and see.

MaggieMae - thank for letting us know about the Hearts to God scent. Sounds like there's just a little too many combo's in there, huh? I couldn't imagine the pineapple/mint one. [smilie=th_cha40]

Puppy - have fun on your sleepover! :oops: Let us know what scents appealed to the little ones.

I'm melting Scenty's Cutiepie Cupcake,from a CF friend. [smilie=iagree] Luv it!

Melting Coconut Lime by Lucy....WOW....I need to get about a hundred of this scent!!!! :oops:

Good morning.

Typical summertime. The sun was shining, then it rained, now the sun is shining again....all by 10am.

Lots of candles going today.

YC - Beautiful Day

Candles made from Soy - Orange Cranberry

Bluewick - Santal (pocket tin)

Slatkin - Seaside Escape

Southern Alchemy - Blue Hawaii

one melt going - Candledippers - Honeysuckle Jasmine