The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  

February's Flirty Flames

LLVV - I also don't have good luck with the glass mosaic melters. This morning I put in Sugared Spruce from SSS. This one is doing okay but I think it is because the scent is so strong in the first place. I am currently using my YC green glass mosaic because I thought it would look good when I put out my St Patrick's decorations.

Snowy day here, too! Forecast is calling for 12 - 18 inches [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Melting:

Scentsationals - Enchanted

CCCC - Vanilla Pine Cones

Expected snow accumulation ha been reduced to 8 -12 inches. YAY!!

Added Slakin Amber Woods candle.

Just switched out to SSS Cafe Latte. I had SSS Cherry Chip Cake going for 4 hours,

Lady-Are you near Philly? DD is gong to drive home later for college break and I am nervous.

Lady-Are you near Philly? DD is gong to drive home later for college break and I am nervous.

Candlelove, I live in a northern suburb of Philly. Which college does she attend? So far, the roads are just wet. They're expecting things to get worse this evening when the temperature drops.

Guest ilovescentedthings
Susan-I have SSS Cherry Chip Cake going right now and I would say the throw is moderate. These are from the summer and I think they are only going to go another hour or so. The Granny's Lemon Noel I had on the other day went for 8+ hours. They had a very strong throw. When I spoke to Kim last summer she told me that her tarts are usually good for 7 months so I need to go through lots of her stash. I am sure they will all be good though just maybe not as strong.

Hmm how does one determine the life span of their tarts?

Guest ilovescentedthings
SSS- Marie's pink sugar cookies Its been on about 2 hours and the scent is pretty much gone. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Is this for half of a tart or the whole thing? I didnt order that scent in this past order

lady-My DD goes to Villanova. I am in Staten Island so hopefully the NJ Turnpike is okay.

Ilove-I always wonder the same thing. The SSS Cafe Latte I just melted really were really some of my older ones and I just had them on for 2 hours. I ran out for a bit and I didn't smell anything but hot wax when I walked in the door. I think I keep too much stash and need to use them up before they get too old. I just switched out to some Can Do (older tarts also). I put on Birthday Cake and Sweet Milk. They are over a year old. I will not be expecting much because the melts had started to lose their color. So far I am getting scent.

This experience should stop me from ordering for awhile. I don't want to waste money. I did order some new SSS scents today though. [smilie=th_bighug-1] [smilie=th_LOVE] I do really love her stuff and I do tend to over order. LOL

DD is home safe and sound. I just added some candles-YC Cookies & Cream, For Everybody Sugar Cookie and GC Eggnog.

I was at Yankee today and they had some new beach stuff. I got a medium jar holder--it is rattan and really cute. I got a two wick Vanilla Cupcake candle on sale to put in it so that is what I will burn tonight. I also got some Strawberry Patch spray at BBW and I sprayed it and it really smells great in here. Have a great night, all. Nancy

I was at Yankee today and they had some new beach stuff. I got a medium jar holder--it is rattan and really cute. I got a two wick Vanilla Cupcake candle on sale to put in it so that is what I will burn tonight. I also got some Strawberry Patch spray at BBW and I sprayed it and it really smells great in here. Have a great night, all. Nancy

Michele~ Nothing is sticking to the roads here so the TP should be looking good.

Gail~ Thanks! [smilie=th_LOVE]

Just put on BG Peace, Love and Lullabies in the BR....so soothing. I just love this one. She has is in a car freshener but I am afraid it'll put me to sleep while I drive... [smilie=th_bighug-1]

DD is home safe and sound. I just added some candles-YC Cookies & Cream, For Everybody Sugar Cookie and GC Eggnog.

candlelove, good to hear that DD is safely home. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Late afternoon melt is Elvis from Bella - definite reorder.

I thought maybe it was just my house w/SSS. I love her scents but I did not have good luck w/most of them. they would start out strong but fizzle quickly. loved Marie's pink sugar cookies but it went kapoot quickly. I think the strongest I had was Texas Breeze.

Barbita, I've not had nene's med. garden spa but I've had CCCC and I love it. I love spa scents. Carol and CBV Palm island is also very nice and strong; lasts a long long time.

candlelove, glad your son got in safely. My nephew lives in Philly also. It's always a worry until you see them pull in the drive.

got my cleaning done. everything always looks so much brighter, doesn't it? It is as though someone cleaned my eyes w/windex. [smilie=th_bighug-1]

CYS-French Apricot Brulee cake

burning CBV Orange Chiffon cake

CFTKR-nectarine mint in the bath

CCCC-flowerbomb in the BR.very pretty. on the lighter side. smells a little like her Cashmere. would be great for a teen girl's room especially. very clean scent.

have a good eve, all. can't wait for the ladies long program tonight. [smilie=th_LOVE]

All those in the snow storm's path....stay safe! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Melting Country Chunkie's Vanilla Pound Cake. Smells FANTASTIC!!! [smilie=th_LOVE] Just got this yesterday & wasn't sure if I should let it 'cure' or not. :? Cure schmure. :lol: I couldn't wait...and it's gooooooood and throwing like crazy! [smilie=snoopy]

well, the CYS apricot cake fizzled quickly. had to put my nose down to it to smell anything just now. can smell the orange chiffon cake candle though. switched it out to CFTKR-Lemon poundcake

Guest ilovescentedthings
lady-My DD goes to Villanova. I am in Staten Island so hopefully the NJ Turnpike is okay.

Ilove-I always wonder the same thing. The SSS Cafe Latte I just melted really were really some of my older ones and I just had them on for 2 hours. I ran out for a bit and I didn't smell anything but hot wax when I walked in the door. I think I keep too much stash and need to use them up before they get too old. I just switched out to some Can Do (older tarts also). I put on Birthday Cake and Sweet Milk. They are over a year old. I will not be expecting much because the melts had started to lose their color. So far I am getting scent.

This experience should stop me from ordering for awhile. I don't want to waste money. I did order some new SSS scents today though. [smilie=snoopy] :lol: I do really love her stuff and I do tend to over order. LOL

when you melt are you using a half of a tart? or the full 2 oz? The reason I ask is because I am trying to form an opinion and I am not to sure what to think. They all smell really good,but they I guess don't last like Can-Do's do. :P but for .85 I guess 4 hours is good?

Susan, mine start out strong too and then caput. And I am in a small house, so again I don't know.

Hi guys! Getting hit with ANOTHER snowstorm!!!

Today I melted Can Do's Orange Croissant and Busy Bee's Christmas Cabernet and Country Home's Cookies for Santa which was wonderful!

I am off to eat a late dinner and then relax some....

Just put on SSS Vanilla Poundcake and it sure is yummy. Let's see how long it lasts... I do agree about the Texas Breeze, Susan....that one lasted forever in my BR. I must be picking pretty strong scents cause in my last order I got the sampler tarts which are much smaller than these 2oz. ones and they seemed to last a long time. Some of those were: Cranberry Chutney, Mandarin Pink, Pretty in Pink and good ol' Texas Breeze.

I finally have some new candles going tonight...Berry Jam and Pumpkin Pie. The Berry Jam candle looks so pretty lit up, although not too much smell. That's ok because I only burn them for the look anyway.

I'm melting Carol's Lime Vanilla Bomb which is the bomb. Fabulous scent!