The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Hi all!

Maggie, thanks for the Poison Pie description. It sounds really yummy! Ahhh, sweet death. Morbid sense of humor here. :lol: But hey, that remark does kinda sound like a line from Shakespeare, no?

Trep, happy birthday, girl! Have a wonderful day! [smilie=HBday]

I think I may have finally found an evergreen scent that's authentic and reminiscent of Christmas during my childhood. It's Cheryl's Rocky Mountain Christmas. Not too strong, but strong enough, just like the perfect Christmas tree. It's really adding to the holiday spirit around here. :oops:

Gail

Good morning!

I started off with Carol's Chocolate Orange Truffle. I've now moved on to her Apple Flapjacks. I'm also burning YC's Farmer's Market and Christmas Wish.

Trep, you may want to hold on to your certificate and wait a week for the big sale. The prices will be so much better then unless you want a new spring scent. Those wont be on sale.

So true...last year only the Christmas tarts were on sale...

Really cold and yucky here today..lots of rain. the following melts have been strong though:

CHC winterberry wreath...doubled up

CanDo apple mango tamgo

Crosscreek sleighbells

YC hollyberry

Trep - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my dear friend :lol: Sending huge birthday wishes your way for a wonderful, wonderful day.......

Now for wax: Today I'm melting GHBT's Christmas Tree (SUPER strong in a 14-watt melter) and burning Pure Scents 'Oh Christmas Tree.' Everything is doing well and it smells just fantastic and festive in my house at the moment.

Working for a couple of hours now until it's time to go grab the kids from school - the official start to winter break!

Hi everyone and Happy B-Day Trep!

For now I'm melting

Haley;s Honey Graham Cracker and

Almost Country Banana Nut Bread

Have a great Friday evening!

Happy birthday, Trep! I hope you enjoyed your day.

I've been melting lots of stuff but here's what I remember:

Fried Ice Cream/Honeydew Melon - Cheryl's. Pretty nice. The honeydew scent was strongest.

Fizzy Pop - SH. Citrusy and strong.

Philly Butter Cake - SH. Yum!

Cinnamon Balsam - SH. Not my kind of scent.

Cookies for Santa - SH. Good but way too light for me.

Creme Brulee - Harvest Glow. Delicious.

Balinese Cascade - Nene's. This was absolutely beautiful and a strong, lasting scent. This one lasted overnight in my laundry room. Ahhhh!!!

Comfortably Numb - LOL. A favorite.

Louisiana King Cake - CHC. Another favorite. Like a mix of birthday cake and wedding cake to me.

Teaberry - CHC. Didn't care for this one.

Gingerbread Kids - CHC. Yum! From her new wax and this was pretty strong for me.

Birthday Cake - S&S. Didn't smell much.

Happy birthday trep! :P

MaggieMae & Puppy - I have Rocky Mnt Christmas, too (LOL's) and have had it in solitary confinement so it wouldn't take over my other smellies. :lol: The cold sniff is strong, so maybe I'll cut it in quarters when I melt it.

Melting LOL's Christmas Apple. Niiiiiiice! [smilie=th_sign0162]

good eve, all.

everyone's smellies sound so good and festive.

Cyn, thanks for the Balinese Breeze review. I'll have to remember that on my next order.

to all of you that have children out for the holidays, hope you enjoy their time off and treasure the time and memories. It goes so fast, they grow up and before you know it, you're going to their houses for Christmas! lol

Angie's-blue sugar in the bath

CBV Peace candle on the melter, and rasp. tomato leaf for the bedroom

CBV All is Calm in the kitchen

CBV candles: all is bright, butter rum crunch pb cookie, and melting CBV Christmas buttered rum. (YUM, double YUM)

have a good eve, all

You'll have to let me know if you try that scent, tunisianswife.

Marie's Pink Cookies candle, SSS. I'm not getting much throw from my candle.

Swedish Crumb Cake, LOL. Love this but she doesn't carry it any more.

Granny's Cornbread, CHC. Just starting - I'm hoping to smell it soon.

Have a good night, everyone!

Good point, Tunisianswife. I'll have to remember that when they are sticking wet candy canes to the wall and singing "Jingle Bells, Santa smells, Rudolph laid an egg". :P

I predict this kind of brotherly love :P by around Wednesday.

:lol: The little dickens. [smilie=th_sign0162]

I've got two, day-old melts in the melters and I can't smell either one anymore. Time for a change...but which scent next? I can't decide.

can do's issey misake or however you spell it.

Please tell me who HL is so I can check it out. Thanks!

Denim--how was that scent?? I love that smell!

Happy birthday, Trep! :P

Skylar--Honey Graham Cracker is one of my top 3 favorites!! I LOVE THAT ONE! [smilie=th_sign0162]

It was so good! Everyone kept coming in the office asking me what smells so good. It lasted all day too!

Got my first order from cottage hill creations and I LOVE these tarts. I'm melting Christmas Tree and Warm Vanllla Sugar. Now I WISH i had ordered so much more!

Tunisian and Jules, love your sweet and funny posts about the kiddos. [smilie=th_sign0162]

I'm melting Country Cabin from Candle Dippers. My "M" key is stuck. Mmmmmmmmm!!!

Gail

Hi everyone and Happy B-Day Trep!

For now I'm melting

Haley;s Honey Graham Cracker and

Almost Country Banana Nut Bread

Have a great Friday evening!

Skylar, your avatar is precious.

Gail, your M key is stuck? [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Melting Creme Brulee from BG. Today marks the start of my kids' Christmas vacation and mine, too! I took off the next two weeks so I could be home with them. By this time next week I'll probably be wishing I hadn't... [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

Believe it or not, I completely forgot to post until now.

Trep: I hope you had a lovely birthday.

This evening i am melting some Warm Glow Candles bark in Northern Pine Scent. My living room smells just like a live tree.

I'll check in tomorrow. Getting together with some former work pals for breakfast.

I hope my DS makes it home on Sunday from Penn. The weather is looking pretty wicked out that way.

I hope you had a wonderful day, trep!

Right now I have CD Evergreen Potpourri in the melter and an Archipelago candle burning that lost it's label. I think it is a floral.

[smilie=th_prod_107_1676] Happy Birthday Trep...I'm a bit late but I wish it all the same!

Dabba~ Re melted the Poison Pie today and that tart has been going for hours...it is stronger than I thought...and quite delicious! I think it will be a reorder for sure.

I've also got a CYS Visions of Sugar Plums going in the K....lovely.