The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

good morning, all.

clperki, that pink sugared spruce sounds wonderful.

in a blueberry mode this am. CFTKR's bonnie blue cookie, and burning CBV blueberry cheesecake in the LR. CBV Peace in the bath, and CBV Fresh Laundry candle on the melter in the br. down to the last of this candle. it went all eve and night, and at times I can still get a whiff of it out here in the LR. very nice clean scent.

have a good day, all.

Good Morning!

Well, very very cold here today. Brr.....This morning I am melting Blue Gecko's Spiced Gumdrops...very nice...everything I've tried from her is awesome so far.

Last night I melted Santa Snacks from SSS and it was super! I am sorry I lit this one up so late because I lit it and enjoyed it for about an hour and then had to tuck my daughter in and then fell asleep myself. When I got up it was out. I missed all that wonderful scent. Wish I had more....

Tunisianswife...have you ever tried Blueberry Vanilla Bomb from Carol. I think that is what it is called. I saw you are having a blueberry day today and thought I would mention this. Everytime I have this melting, someone always asks if I am baking. It is fantastic! Never tried her Bonnie Blue Cookie.

Going to the lockdown thread now. I need some help!

Enjoy your day everyone!

anjoy, yes, I have that one too. It was a toss-up and I like the vanilla bomb better but this is very good too. I ordered the regular vanilla bomb the other day. was it you that raved over the vanilla bomb? so hard to tell what just the vanilla bomb would smell like because the blueberry packs a powerful punch.

Thanks to all who answered me on GHBT's. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't my sniifer. I've got to find a new favorite vendor. Ordered from SSS yesterday so I hope I will love her tarts!

Melting one from Nellies acres thismorning and not getting anything from it at all. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

sillys, wow, you have a lot of wrapping to do! 4 hours!!!! [smilie=th_bomb] Mine usually takes about an hour or so. I usually just wrap in paper though....no fancy bows or ribbons! I usually do my wrapping at night after the boys go to bed.

Aria, I don't do any fancy bows or ribbons either, just plain old wrapping. With 35 people to buy for, and not just 1 gift each, it adds up to alot of boxes!

Mmmm...I love blueberry scents! Carol does have a nicely sized collection of them. It may be low right now because it's winter. I know during the spring and summer she offers a ton of them. The only one that I didn't like was Gourmet Blueberry Buns. It didn't smell like a bakery scent. It was florally, kind of like YC's Berry Bramble.

I'm back in full melting and burning mode.

Melts -

Carol's Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies & Creme Brulee

Carol's Toffee Crunch Flapacks

Both of these are amazing!

Candles -

YC's Christmas Wish

YC's Holiday Bayberry

Great news about the Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer. That's my favorite of all the seasonal creamers.

Melting Snowberry from Scentsy.

[smilie=th_FULL_O17]

sillys, wow, you have a lot of wrapping to do! 4 hours!!!! [smilie=th_c61] Mine usually takes about an hour or so. I usually just wrap in paper though....no fancy bows or ribbons! I usually do my wrapping at night after the boys go to bed.

Aria, I don't do any fancy bows or ribbons either, just plain old wrapping. With 35 people to buy for, and not just 1 gift each, it adds up to alot of boxes!

I'm on the verg of passing out at the thought of 4 hours of wrapping. I hope you have some great tarts going to keep your momentum and stamina going. [smilie=th_bomb]

Good morning, friends.

Sillys, I can't even imagine that much wrapping. It's just the worst chore ever around here, probably because I'm so untalented at it. I don't envy you, but I hope your wrapping time goes smoothly and quickly! [smilie=th_aa17]

I'm half dead this morning. Need lots of [smilie=th_FULL_O17] and maybe a brisk walk with my boy. [smilie=th_bomb] DH is home safe and sound, but what an ordeal at the airport yesterday. The airlines said his plane had arrived but he was nowhere around. Keeping the story short here, the plane landed two hours later! [smilie=th_a136] He was exhausted from all the delays. I was exhausted from searching for him. Travel isn't nearly as glamorous as it's portrayed in the movies. [smilie=th_c61]

I'm continuing with yesterday's Maple Syrup from Cheryl. Love this one!

Gail

Glad you found him Gail...I hate travel...I'm a homebody.

Denimsway, I haven't ordered from GHBT in months. However I noticed she was closed a lot this fall, and she doesn't send out sale notices anymore.

At school I've been melting Haley's Mrs. Claus. It's moderate in strength. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

Gail, glad your hubby got home safe and sound. No, travel (especially international) is such a hastle anymore. Seems like you're always showing someone some piece of identification. One checkpoint they want just your passport. twenty feet later, they want just your ticket, etc. Not to mention how you feel like you are doing a strip-tease act in front of all the other passengers. [smilie=th_FULL_O17]

LLVV,, I find that in general blueberry throws so strongly. I have never had a blueberry from anywhere that wasn't strong. thanks for the heads=-up on the blueberry buns. I hate it when things are mixed with a floral or musk when it is not expected. I don't care for any Noel simply because of that. Was it you that said her blueberry cinnamon was good? I haven't tried that one yet.

no wrapping here at all. Hubby and I don't exchange gifts. we just go out for a few hours on BF and buy what we want for ourselves. Anyone else, it goes into a gift bag. I used to do all the fancy bows, fans, etc. just not worth it.

only switch out here since this am is Sanitorini from Carol in the bath.

Well, LLVV, I taped a whole season of a show, so that I would have something to watch while I'm wrapping. Its just so tedious...If everybox was a shirt box shape, I could fly through them, but they are not, so, I procrastinate. I refuse to wrap a thing the week before Xmas, so I must finish by the next week, and pick up everything by next Friday including stocking stuffers for hubby and DD.

Ah, finally got back to work today, though we still have lots of shoveling to make the driveway easy to use.

Got my order from Cheryl today so all is right with the world. I am restocked on her Mac Apple and Buttery Gingerbread as well as the lemon pound cake which is glorious. Lots of other goodies too.

Today in the living room I am staying with Xmas scents and melting Hollyberry which I love.

Back here it is Cheryl's Painted Lady as I wanted something more fruity. This is one of my favs of hers.

Have a good day all..we are to get more added bad weather tomorrow in the form of sleet on top of all this snow. I hope that does not happen.

Came back from more shopping(is it over yet?) and threw on:

Bear Claw-CFTKR

Cactus and Sea Salt in two melters-Everyday Whims

Scarlet Moon-CFTKR

Have a great afternoon everyone.

This afternoon it has been Yankee Island Mango melting and Tyler Warm Sugar Cookies.

All your tales of wrapping amaze me. I am from a very small family and we don't do much gift exchanging and I can't imagine even knowing 35 people to buy for let alone wrapping it all. I, too, use only gift bags for things I do have to wrap. Ever since I first found out about them I only buy things that I can stuff in them. Hope all of you get your shopping and/or wrapping done so you can relax and enjoy your time with family and friends.

Good afternoon...holliedance3-1.gif

I got a lot of things done around the house today....it was looking a little neglected.

Right now I am melting GG Drunk Uncle Bob again....this is a re-melt from yesterday...such a super strong scent! I have been letting it melt for awhile and then blowing out the tealight. Next time I melt this scent, I am going to use my tiny 8 watt electric melter. I only use that melter for the reeeeeally strong tarts....that way they don't chase us out of the house!

I also have a jar of YC Balsam & Cedar burning. It is nice and sunny here, but COLD!!! winter_brr.gif

Everyone is melting some great sounding scents.....I want to come over and get a whiff of everyone's tarts!!!!

It's really cold here :shock: ...makes it seem like Christmas!

Recent melts;

CHC Old Fashion Christmas,,,doubled up...weak....smelled strange

Crosscreek vanilla pine cone...weak but great scent

YC Simply Home (Kohl's) Christmas pine...strong

YC macintosh spice...weak

Haley's country splendor...strong

YC Christmas wreath...strong

YC white Christmas......very weak old tart, but great scent

Melting haley's Raspberry & Cream and burning Slatkin Vanilla Caramel. Very cozy in here on this cold day._winter__by_Cas_88.gif

Just got in from work and remelting Pumpkin Nog from Huckleberry Layne and deciding what to have for dinner. :shock: Yesterday I was a sickly mess but I took a shot of Nyquil before bed and I feel much better today. I just MUST be able to sniff to enjoy my Christmas melts!!! Hope everyone else is feeling better as well!

It's bitter cold outside today! [smilie=snoopy]

I haven't melted much for the past couple of days. I had the stomach virus, so I've been pretty much worthless. I have put on to melt Nanny's Apple Butter from SSS. It smells so inviting to me. (better than the Lysol I have been spraying all over the place). Have a good evening everyone.