The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ilovescentedthings

Silver Bells, Christmas Smells

Melted CYS Carina earlier...too soft.

Melting Candledippers Country Christmas tonite...moderate and nice.

Just got the email from Deirdre....so sad she's closing up. :lol:

Aria: I know , it's the best movie.. Vincennes is a 2 hour 15 minute drive from our house. Both sides of the family live there. I was in Evansville a couple of years ago when my Dad was in the hospital there and it has changed so much from when I used to go Christmas shopping there as a kid. We did not have any malls in Vincennes, so the closest were Terre Haute or Evansville.

This afternoon I am melting a really pretty mosaic candle from Kohl's called Silver Birch. It's very pretty, but I' m not getting a lot of scent at this point.

Yep, lots of shopping in Evansville....right in the middle of lots of corn fields...lol. Nothing for miles and then Boom!...there's Evansville. Everyone within a couple of hours came to shop there. The Walmart there was a zoo ALL of the time. We only lived there for a year, but yeah, lots of shopping. Did you guys ever go to Holiday World? We went once and loved it.

And now back to our regularly scheduled melting thread.... :lol:

Last melt of the night is Jack Frost from Busy Bee.

ththmoonsmiley1.gif G'night all....

Still stuffed up, but it is fun seeing what you all are melting. Lots of good YC stuff at the sale, it looks like!

Blech...back to work tomorrow... :lol:

Gotta drive my DD to school this morning she has a track meet in NYC. Kinda sucks that they have to get up early on vacation.

Put all my Xmas scents away for next year. Last night I melted Rosa's Pink Watermelon. Definitely a true scent, but only moderately strong. I wouldn't reorder this one.

good morning, all.

getting home from work a bit ago. Just started Can-do Cuppa Chai tea, burning hot apple cobbler pet odor eliminator.

sharon, glad you like the Spa. lasts a long time.

Debra, hope the snuffies go away soon.

Hi everyone. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Today I'm melting: Red Apple Wreath by yc, and Hot Apple Pie by cottage hill. Also have a chocolate candy voitve burning.

Susan

Good morning from chilly, but sunny SC! I packed up all the Christmas scents and decorations until next year...got the tree taken down and out of the house! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

First melts of the day:

unknown vendor...red apple bread

CHC granny green apple

[smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Aria: Yes, we went to Holiday World when the boys were younger. I used to go as a kid but back in the day it was called "Santa Claus Land'. A neat place to go as a kid. I spent most of the afternoon taking down the tree and trying to find a place for my Christmas haul. This morning I am melting CCCC-Christmas Splendor. Today, i will continue to get my house by in order.

Debra - hope your snuffly nose clears up soon. No fun not being able to smell...especially our candles & tarts. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Earlier I melted Busy B's Pumpkin Cappucino. Have now changed to PI's Victorian Christmas.

Good morning everyone!

I'm melting Haley's Cool Citrus Basil. This is a nice refreshing scent. A little break from the holiday scents. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Mornin' everyone,

Sharonana, are you as hung over as I am today? [smilie=th_CONGRA34] That was a darling emotie!

Katz and Dabba, I'm taking down all my Christmas decorations too. Out with the old, in with the new. Hey, I'm a poet. :lol:

Katz, how do you like CCCC Christmas Splendor? It's new to me, just put it on a few minutes ago. [smilie=th_ef3416a0] Thanks to a "Sweet" CF friend for giving me this oh-so-perfect melt! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

You all have a lovely day, whatever your plans are!

Gail

Morning all. Phone service is now intermitten. i opted to close our senior center due to the weather, so am hibernating. I am spending more time at home than at work lately.

This morning's melts are

LR and Kitchen...Busy bee's Almond Biscotti....so nice

Comp...BG's Spiced Pumpkin Brulee...I am so going to miss this.

olive, yes, I agree, taking the tree and decorations down is not very much fun.

Earlier I put on Busy Bee ~ Frosty Pine which is supposed to be a mix of pine and peppermint...didn't care for it. It smelled like Vicks with a musky note...blech. Out it went.

Switched to YC North Pole...much better!

Back from the dr. with a diagnosis of bronchitis. So much for enjoying two weeks off with my kids. [smilie=th_CONGRA34] My melters have been sitting cold and empty for a few days now as I just haven't felt up to changing them or smelling anything.I aslo received the e-mail from Blue Gecko and am very sad about it. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Trep, enjoy your terrific haul! [smilie=th_CONGRA34]

Mpfand, I hope you'll be on the mend now that you have a diagnosis. Get plenty of rest!

I switched to Cheryl's Butter Rum Cappuccino. It's very authentic, strong and sweet. Another home run from Cheryl! In my ball park she's a big power hitter! [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

Gail

Okay, YC North Pole is starting to smell waxy...ewwww. I just lit Kinfolk Candles Breakfast With Santa in the kitchen....smells good, like blueberry pancakes. [smilie=th_ef3416a0]

mpfand-Feel Better Soon!

sweet&spicygirl-I am melting the CFTKR Maple Oats & Honey. This smells almost identical to the CBV Porridge Pot. I am loving this one. It is a relaxing scent.

I worked at my volunteer "job" this morning and am finally getting to relax. I feel like taking down my Christmas decorations but usually take them down on January 6th. My house will not be in order until everyone leaves next week.

Trep-It sounds like you made out great at Yankee. Enjoy everything! I melted 2 Yankee candles last night for 7 hours and could not get a full wax pool even with the foil trick. Oh well! I will try again later in the week. I am loving the CBV candle I just bought-Porridge Pot. This is my first order from this vendor and I think I am going to order a few more. I am starting to really enjoy my candles again.