The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

July's Star Spangled Scents

Good Morning Everyone!

This mornings melts are-

CFTKR Pink Sugar

CFTKR Pink Angel Cake

CFTKR Toasted Marshmallows

I have such a nice day planned. I am having a reunion lunch with a few friends from when I

worked 25 years ago.

Enjoy your day!

Guest scentedstamper

Good Morning!

My current obsession is "clean laundry" scents! I love it so much! It seems to help, at least in my screwy mind - counteract the extreme SW heat right now!

Melting, from a CFTKR sampler- (cut in 2 and distributed among several melters) : Denim, Fresh Laundry, and Linen Breeze and 2 FABULOUS ones from Can Do- Wash Day and Line Dried Laundry. Also one lone bakery scent in the kitchen, from GHBT- Lemon Poppyseed Muffin. Burning 2 jar candles: YC Dune Grass and GC Pure Linen.

Have a wonderful day!

Sheryl

Kim, congrats to your son! He's off to a great start.

I'm melting Blackberry Croissant from Bella's. It's a very nice berry scent, but I dion't detect any 'croissant'. Also have Juniper Breeze from LOL in the powder room. Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning! I'm melting:

BG - Coconut Lime Verbena in 2 melters

Bizzy B's - Pumpkin Cheesecake & Spiced Apple Cider

Still burning Bendel's Coconut Leaves candle.

Good morning! I'm melting 2 tarts this morning -

Autumn Magic (I love that name) and Country Bazaar.

Hello all!!!

Last nights melt was the new YC Pumpkin Vanilla, and I've got 1 word for it!!!!

YUCK!!!!!!!

Not crazy about pumpkin to begin with, but I figured I'd give it a shot. I detecte not a trace of pumpkin, just a spicy, stinky scent.

Wow, it looks like a lot of us are melting bummer tarts lately. I didn't care for Country Bazaar so it's gone. I haven't decided what to replace it with yet.

Guest ilovescentedthings

right now were melting

cookies n cream by haleys in my dd's room

amish quilt by grandma's homebrewed--definately reorder this one melting in bathroom

breakfast with grandma in scrapbook room

eta-I'm getting no throw at all with this one(haleys cookies n cream).. hmmm

This afternoon I'm melting LOL - Dreamsicle. Smells just like an orange Creamsicle.:lol: Just loving it!

I have to go to William Sonoma to get a motar and pestle so I'm using this as my excuse to go to YC and get my new TART BURNER!!! Wooohooooooooo!

Early evening melting:

Front ~ Sweet Surrender Chocolate Raspberry Roll ~ one of my husband's favorites

Back ~ Cross Creek Vanilla Buttercreme Crunch ~ a new one for me

(Wow, that EW Citrus H20 really took off and had to put it out. Some fragrances just don't agree with us.)

Cisley

Guest ilovescentedthings
Early evening melting:

Front ~ Sweet Surrender Chocolate Raspberry Roll ~ one of my husband's favorites

Back ~ Cross Creek Vanilla Buttercreme Crunch ~ a new one for me

(Wow, that EW Citrus H20 really took off and had to put it out. Some fragrances just don't agree with us.)

Cisley

how do you like sweet surrender's items? are the scents authentic? long lasting? I've seen it mentioned a few times here before. But not as many as some of the other vendors.

ilovescentedthings:

I have ordered twice from her on ebay (large orders). The first order went fine. Her tarts are soy and are in little plastic bags so they tend to be a little crumbly (sp) NOT solid like a wax tart. This in itself is NOT a problem for me but you need to get cellophane bags to put them in. (I got the large bags from Michael's with a coupon and just put a bunch of them in each one as I order a LOT of a fragrance.)

The second order didn't go as well. I ordered a LOT of coffee and unfortunately she had changed suppliers of her oil for the coffee. When I finally got around to melting them - NOTHING - a BIG nothing. I sent her an e-mail and she said I could send the unused back and she would pay the shipping. She said she could also send me a new bottle of oil (from her older vendor) and I figured, cheaper to send the oil.

Ok, I have never used the oil yet BUT it wasn't this. What got me was a comment she made to me "I'm not making any money selling" - OH REALLY??? I think she is or she wouldn't be on ebay selling.

Would I buy from her again?

Believe it or not I WOULD because I think this was just a fluke (with the coffee) and for the most part she does have fragrant, strong tarts. BUT I think she should have kept that written comment to herself about not making any money. If she wasn't making any money, why would she have so much product up for sale. Cracks me up.

Anyway, I say yes, go ahead and try some and see if you like them AND don't ship them over the weekend because they are soy and would melt. Have her ship on a Monday or Tuesday. I believe she is in S. CA.

Cisley

Hey everyone! I hope you all have been having a nice day! This evening I have

CFTKR- Country Bake Shop

CFTKR- Celtic Moonspice

in bath CFTKR- Wild Orchid Vanilla

Have a great night!!!!