The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
floridamom03

Hi I am new here

Guest ilovescentedthings

And just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Courtney and I am from Northern CA. I came across this site while looking for tarts and candles. Dont even remember the search I did,but I am glad to have come across this site.

I should be getting my first order today in the mail from Crosscreek. Deana was the first vendor I wanted to try. I hope I will be pleased with her items.

Candles and scents have been my thing...love love them to pieces

Right now I've been using Yankee tarts and Scentsy bars and just haven't been totally pleased with them,so that is how I came to find this great bunch of people here. I wish I had this forum and opinions a few years back when I bought some soy tarts off of ebay and every single one stunk...not in a good way. They all smell nasty and off.... Basically my money and wax in the trash.

My daughter and I have a peanut and tree nut allergy,and I was wondering if anyone else here has that and have you found any vendors that are easy to work with..in making sure that the product is safe to be around?

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] :lol: ILOVE!

You're really going to enjoy this group of helpful, fun, and funny folks!

I've only tried a few tarts from Crosscreek that a Candlefind friend sent me (thank you, friend!!) Every one of them was fabulous. Enjoy your goodies when they arrive today!

So sorry, but I can't help you with the peanut and tree nut allergy. Hopefully someone else has some good advice.

Jump right in here on the forum, and have fun!

Gail - your California neighbor to the south :P

[smilie=th_Welcome1-1] [smilie=th_Animated20Dogs20waving]

Welcome! You are close to me as well..I am in LV, NV.

You are going to love it here~!

I THINK but am not 100% positive that 100% essential oil is all natural ingredients; which is the only way that you might be exposed to the nut allergy...MOST candle vendors do NOT use essential oils since they are way more expensive than the regular man-made scented oils. I think you would be the most safe with the ones that are marked 'safe for skin'; basically the ones which vendors use for bath & body. I hope that makes sense! :lol: :P

:lol: Hmmm...I never thought about problems from oils and allergies! I could see how it would happen though, so glad you are careful!

Welcome Courtney!

You will love it here. Lots of great tips for new vendors to try.

I tried Crosscreek based on recommendations from this board and they are great!!

I'm sure you will find alot more that you like!

Debbie

Welcome, Courtney! My DD has a nut allergy and nothing I've ever melted has ever bothered her. Glad you're here! [smilie=th_12E9EC16]

Hi Courtney:

Welcome!!! I am relatively new here too and came across this site the same way, googling the best candles.

I am melting Crosscreek's Cuppa Chai right now in my computer room. It is very strong with wonderful fragrant spices. Deana is a great person too.

I don't know a thing about peanut allergies BUT it never hurts to contact the vendor before you place an order.

Cisley

Welcome to the boards Courtney!! My oldest daughter suffers from a coconut oil allergy(very similar to peanuts in the fact that its almost impossible to find products that haven't been tainted by coconut oil-its a very common ingredient in all cosmetics). Although a lot of tarts and oils are made with coconut oil-it has never bothered her for me to melt them. She can't touch the oil though!!

I hope you find lots of new stuff to try and have fun!