The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

Turning off the Green Apple caramel and switching to Rocky Mountain Christmas(the caramel has a burnt smell that I don't like...I wonder if 24w is too high for this one)

Good morning All,

Heart, wow, Green Apple Caramel Crunch from LOL is one of my very, very favorites, and I always melt it in my 24 watt. I have never had an "off" odor from it. I am very surprised.

Melting Busy Bee's Cranberry Spice this morning. I just put it on, so no opinion of it yet.

Coconut Cake from LOL this morning. More cake than coconut, but delicious nonetheless!

Hi everybody....rainy and gloomy here today. UGH!!!

I have Apple Walnut from Busy Bee in all melters. One of my very favorite.

Candles:

Bath....Twigs and Berries woodwick from Busy Bee

Living Room: Buttery Maple Syrup from the gift shop in a Bob Evans restaurant. Man this is great. I wish they would reveal who makes the candles for them. Will have to get more on my next trip south.

This morning's melts were/are-

Nene's-Lavendar cream in two melters

EW-Citrus Linen H2O

CFTKR-Coconut Milk and Lavendar

Soy Lovely-Red Velvet Cake

Candledippers-Caramel Apple

Gentle Light-Pink Sugar in two melters

Blue Gecko-Bel Vampiro

Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Hi everyone. It sure seems like Monday today. [smilie=th_cha69]

I'm melting AMS Sweet Pea. It's very pretty but has a light throw. Probably just the nature of the beast for this scent. :P

CMarie, I am so glad you guys are okay and hope your stress level goes down real soon.

Gail

Cmarie I'm glad everyone's ok - have a good trip.

Been busy all day so these are my first scents of the day:

K - Spearmint & Basil - SH - A very nice moderately strong scent - I can smell both the spearmint and basil notes quite clearly - I'd reorder this scent

LR - Juniper Breeze - AMS - This is one of the few scents I have left from AMS and it's a good one

BR - Cranberry Banana Jam - SH - Very nice scent but I wish it was more authentic

Bathroom - Rain - Rosa's - A very nice scent but very light

I'm also burning two Haley's Gardenia Lily chunky votives in the bath.

Tonight I am melting

Lime Cilantro from Hayley's- I am im love with this scent but it could be stronger, it has medium to weak throw. I heard she started to add more oils to her tarts so I will try to reorder.

Cool Citrus Basil from Blue Gecko- nice ane very clean

Blueberry Buckle- Dream Tarts

and large YC jar in Spa Fresh.

cmarie [smilie=th_31] - have a safe and uneventful trip!

Cyn - I got some of Heartland Herb's Pink Lemonade in her popsicle shape before she closed. It's just too cute to melt. :shock:

Melting Mookie Doodle's Vanilla Chai Latte. Fantastic! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Bibred: I've been melting LOL-Wood Coffee since this morning and it is still throwing quite well. It's one of those scents that is hard to describe, but Ireally like the uniqueness of this one. Have you tried yours yet?

Bibred: I've been melting LOL-Wood Coffee since this morning and it is still throwing quite well. It's one of those scents that is hard to describe, but Ireally like the uniqueness of this one. Have you tried yours yet?

Not yet, but I was just considering it for when I change out scents, which I'll be doing very shortly. :? I hope I like it too. :shock:

ETA: I just changed out scents to:

K - Cotton Candy Frosting - SH - This is one of the test scents Tarrah asked me to test and it's very good and surprisingly strong for a small tart - it's a very sweet scent and smells like that pink cotton candy you would get at a carnival or fair although the frosting note seems to have ogtten lost somewhere. :shock:

LR - Grey Matter - EE - I like this one but it's hard to describe - smells earthy with a bit of sweetness? [smilie=th_31]

BR - Wood Coffee - LOL - I took your suggestion Katz and decided to give this one a shot and it's very good and strong. I don't smell any coffee yet....but I do smell Dragon's Blood somewhere in there.

Bathroom - Evening Breeze - CC - A very nice but very light scent in tart form - it's better and stronger in candle form.

Still burning the two Haley's Gardenia Lily votives in the bath and they are just as good as the AMS chunk votives, so now I have found another vendor for great chunk votives! Always nice to have multiple sources for great products! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

cmarie [smilie=th_31] - have a safe and uneventful trip!

Cyn - I got some of Heartland Herb's Pink Lemonade in her popsicle shape before she closed. It's just too cute to melt. :shock:

Melting Mookie Doodle's Vanilla Chai Latte. Fantastic! [smilie=th_LA839B1117]

Sweet - mine were shaped like little pie slices with a dollop of whipped cream on top and sprinkles. I had fun watching mine melt. :shock:

Country Glow - Wildberry Scone, Spiced Cranberry, Lemon Chiffon. Not impressed with any of these.

Kreations by Kathie - Butterscotch Brownies. Love it for a quick fix.

Two Blue - Happy Heart. My last of this bag. Quite old melts, but still good. I hate she's closed. :?

Have I ever been missing out.... I don't order bakery scents and I decided to order some bakery scents from GHBT's to take to the beach with us so that I would have scents that everyone likes. I got m box today and put on the almond rum cake and it is FANTASTIC. Has my whole house smelling heavenly. I can't wait to try the rest of them. (and this was without curing!)

Melting Fruit Loops by AMS. Very good and strong as always. Also Cherry Meringue Kisses from Nene's. Love this one and it is really scenting my house well.

Tonight I'm melting Carol's Strawberry Creamsicle. OMG, soooo yummy! I also have YC's Coconut Bay and Sweet Strawberry burning. Looking and smelling good over here.

This morning was Front Porch: Pink Cotton Candy Sugar

Tonight is Aloe and White Lilac by Somethin Special. Had trouble getting it out of its little bucket. Grrr...hopefully it will be wonderful after all that work.

Aria.....Let us know how the Swan Creek outlet store is,I also have one about a half hour away from me.My sister and I are thinking of going within the next couple of weeks!I hope they have the drizzle melts there,they look so deliicious!

skylar, I've been to the Swan Creek outlet in Perry, MI.....loved every second of my visit! Definitely worth the trip! Not only do they have candles, but lots of decorative holders and antiques too. Best of all.....you can sniff to your heart's content! Top notch store.

This is what we are enjoying this evening...

Root votive....Ginger Patchouli

Illuminations pillar....Meyer Lemon

a pair of old Partylite square votives....Lemongrass

Living Room: Buttery Maple Syrup from the gift shop in a Bob Evans restaurant. Man this is great. I wish they would reveal who makes the candles for them. Will have to get more on my next trip south.

slpit, I'll bet that candle is made by Crossroad Candles......check it out....

http://www.crossroadscandles.com/

Heart, wow, Green Apple Caramel Crunch from LOL is one of my very, very favorites, and I always melt it in my 24 watt. I have never had an "off" odor from it. I am very surprised.

My burner was the problem. It was already hot when I placed the bowl on top, so that explains the burnt smell. I melted another one and really liked it.

Paradise is taking over my house tonight, and the scents are really strong and throwing just like I like them: :cry:

Can-Do ~ Lessie's Paradise Island

CCCC ~ Paradise

eta: The BG Bel Vampiro is still going strong in one room of the house. :lol: This is a re-order!

Tonight,

LOL - Cinnamon Apple Delight in the FR (Can still smell it!)

LOL - Vanilla Crack in the LR

Butterscotch Sundae - CYS

Frosted Carrot Cake - Nene's. This is delicious!!!

Coconut Peach - Cloud Nine. Can't smell much of anything.

Fresh Picked Pear - Mookie Doodle. Nice, fresh pear scent.

Edited to correct the scent name - it's Coconut Peach not Coconut Pear.

My burner was the problem. It was already hot when I placed the bowl on top, so that explains the burnt smell. I melted another one and really liked it.

Whew, I am glad to hear it! I am still in shock over someone hating LOL Pear Toffee Drizzle! I don't think I could have taken you hating Green Apple Caramel! I was starting to think that perhaps my nose was defective!

This morning I'm melting Grandma's Berry Pie and Strawberry Creamsicle from CFTKR. Since it's raining, I may light up my Sweet Strawberry and Coconut Bay candles after I drop DD off at preschool.