The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

[smilie=th_sHellobar] Everyone,

Today so far I am melting Grandmas Cupboard from GHBT - good one !!!

I am also burning Reeses Peanut Butter Delight from CBV -- YUMMO !!! and Cinna Vanilla Danish from For Everybody - this one is just okay.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day Weekend !!

Though my others were not finished, that Spell Weaver is incredible in scent, strength and longevity, it was time for a change.

In the kitchen it is Apples and Oak from GHBT

Living Room....Key Lime PIe/Lemon Tart combo tart from Cheryl's...magnificent

Comp Room....Pink Sugar from Gecko

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

I'm melting Carol's "Enchanted Spice," one of her many freebies. The scent is sooooo nice! Here's the description from Carol's website:

"part of our premier oil collection, a new bakery ...an intoxicating combination of a nutty sweet cream on a bed of freshly grated nutmeg and carmelized pecans...the tempting notes of ground almond, marzipan and thick vanilla are swirled with a brown sugar bouguet"

I'm almost inspired to bake some gooey, nutty rolls from scratch. Almost. [smilie=th_smilies-1]

Gail

Remelting EW Orange Chiffon Cake and burning my LOL - Pineapple Orange Buttercream layer. These scents are going together really well and I'm almost done with the pineapple orange layer of my candle!

Hi all! First scents of the day for me are:

K - Papaya Crush - CC - A very nice scent but not very strong

LR - Olive Blossom - AMS - Unfortunately I'm not getting much at all from this one but it's still not completely melted yet so we'll see...

BR - Blue Hydrangea - YC - One of my favorites from YC - a strong floral

Bathroom - Harbor Mist - CC - A very nice moderately strong scent that's even better in candle form

I'm also burning some jars:

Colonial Seagrass large jar

Gold Canyon Casablanca Lily jar

Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! [smilie=th_bighug-1]

Guest scentedstamper

We are having incredibly odd weather right now! It is cloudy and cool (mid 60's) where it SHOULD be upper 80's!!! It put me in the mood for bakery and spicy scents ! Melting: AMS Red Hot Cinnamon, and Iced Cinnamon Buns, GHBT Coffee with Grandma, BG Spiced Pumpkin Brulee amd CFTKR Celtic Moonspice. This is also helping me "clean out" my stash in this category so I can start fresh after summer!

Have a great weekend!!!

Sheryl

Sounds great, Sheryl. Mid 60's. yea.

I switched out scents for the afternoon

Bissy's Boutique - Orange Juice Cake

Bissy's - Lavender Apple

CFTKR sample - Country Grove

Crosscreek - Moments Stolen (apples, oak, lavender - great)

plus the same 2 pillars

eta swapped out Country Grove for HL - Fresh Apple. All is well.

I have Cinnamon Strudel from CFTKR melting this afternoon. It's not really a Memorial Day kind of scent but boy oh boy it's good.

I'm dying to get to the new YC outlet but I just can't find the time. Maybe I can convince DH to go there tomorrow.

It's been a gorgeous day here....been in and out all day....taking a little break!

Carol's Flip Flops.....see wax p0rn for a pic! Hey Jules! The ice cream was yummy!

Carol's Summer Watermelon

Both of these are outstanding!

I have Cinnamon Strudel from CFTKR melting this afternoon. It's not really a Memorial Day kind of scent but boy oh boy it's good.

Darn you LLVV, you just made me get the last of my CFTKR Cinnamon Strudel out and put it in the melter!

[smilie=th_bighug-1]

Now I am all out of it!

What is a Memorial Day kind of scent anyway?

I just put on MD Hey Sugar and this one is TDF! I am THISCLOSE to the Hey Sugar layer of my LOL candle and can't wait! (Although for people interested in LOL candles, I have been very happy with the throw from mine but just in the first layer, I have had to scrape about a tart's worth of wax from the outsides of the jar because sometimes it just refuses to melt all the way to the sides. I'll save it for melting later.)

Hi all! Afternoon scents are:

K - Grapefruit Mango - GHBT - A very nice moderately strong scent - AMS has an awesome one.

LR - Midsummer's Night - YC - A very nice moderately strong scent - To me it smells like a nice men's cologne.

BR - Banana Ivy - Busy Bee's - I'm liking this one - it's different although it still doesn't smell like an authentic banana to me but none of the banana scents I've tried have either. I cut the jumbo tart into 4 pieces and bagged up the other three for future use. 4 good size tarts out of one jumbo tart is pretty good!

Bathroom - Lily of the Valley - Beaded Hemp - A very nice scent but not that strong.

Still burning my GC Casablanca Lily jar in the bath.

The morning's Busy B woodwick was great! I have a question about the wick - am I supposed to pinch the burned part off - or leave it alone? [smilie=th_happy]

Earlier I changed to FP's Cranberrry Bread. From the cold smell I wasn't sure if I would like it, but on melting.....I do! I do! It's :P !

The morning's Busy B woodwick was great! I have a question about the wick - am I supposed to pinch the burned part off - or leave it alone? [smilie=th_happy]

Earlier I changed to FP's Cranberrry Bread. From the cold smell I wasn't sure if I would like it, but on melting.....I do! I do! It's :P !

I always trim mine off just a tad with the wick trimmer. LOVE THOSE WOOD WICKS!

This evening I'm melting SH - Pumpkin Donuts in the family room. It is strong with a real good throw. Love the smell! In the living room I'm burning PI's Vanilla Almond which is a favorite jar candle of mine.

Denny - I thought I was one of the few around that still remembers the Osmonds - but to get the lyrics, too? [smilie=th_happy] And - Oregon is a good choice!

Cyn - do tell - what does a Dusty Mexican Morning smell like? :P

Still fighting with a few tealights. I have to melt and dump out about 6-7 drops of wax and then they do better. Just what I need - high maintenance melting!

Today has been Cheryl's Blissful Fusion.

Hi all! Afternoon scents are:

BR - Banana Ivy - Busy Bee's - I'm liking this one - it's different although it still doesn't smell like an authentic banana to me but none of the banana scents I've tried have either. I cut the jumbo tart into 4 pieces and bagged up the other three for future use. 4 good size tarts out of one jumbo tart is pretty good!

Just so you will know BigRed, this is a floral scent and is really not meant to smell like the fruit. It is the blossom of the plant and is a dupe that was created for me. There is a small hint of banana in their whose sole intent was to mellow the greeness just as in the original.