The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

Melt-A-Liscious May

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!!!

Aria, don't you love those, "IOU coupons?", Its funny but I don't remember ever getting all that I was promised lol. But Its the thought that counts right?

This mornings melts are Rosa's Mango Papaya, and a judging tart from her in Natures Citrus, both are smelling awesome.

LLVV, glad the hubby is back safe and sound!

sillys, yes, the coupons usually expire very quickly!! I still love the handmade cards though. I'll take that over a store bought card anyday!

Right now we are enjoying LOL Jeweled Citrus Cake....I took one of the huge 2 oz melts and cut it in half and have it melting in two rooms. I also have a Warm Glow candle burning....it's Italian Wedding Cake. Trying to finish it up so I can start another one!

Hi all! Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms! smiley-char090.gif

I just put on some new scents:

K - Lemon Crystals - CFTKR - Another awesome scent from Carol - smells very similar to GHBT's Lemon Blossom

LR - Red Rose Petals - Beaded Hemp - This is a good rose scent actually

BR - Melon Mist - CFTKR - Yet another awesome scent from Carol - she has so many excellent ones now!

Bathroom - burning my Illuminations Spa Day jar. I'm running out of tealights so I decided to just burn a candle in here today.

I'm also burning a couple of candles around the house:

BR - CFTKR Summer Watermelon bowl candle - SO AWESOME!

K - Spotted Hog Paradise jar - Almost as good as the tarts, not quite as strong.

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm burning SH Banana Nut Bread. Even though Tarrah's candles burn very nicely I'm not getting the throw I had hoped for. Also, I'm getting that burnt undertone I had read about on the forum. I had experienced it with Sinfully Vanilla, which I had to toss, and I am experiencing it with the Banana Nut Bread as well. [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

I think I will just stick with her fruity scents for now and to get the throw I like I should probably just go with her tarts.

Happy Mother's Day!

I'm burning SH Banana Nut Bread. Even though Tarrah's candles burn very nicely I'm not getting the throw I had hoped for. Also, I'm getting that burnt undertone I had read about on the forum. I had experienced it with Sinfully Vanilla, which I had to toss, and I am experiencing it with the Banana Nut Bread as well. [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

I think I will just stick with her fruity scents for now and to get the throw I like I should probably just go with her tarts.

It seems that it happens sometimes with the very sweet oils - I've even had it happen with a Yankee jar candle - one of those Swirl ones as well as some of the very sweet tarts. Burnt residue is left a tthe bottom of the tart dish. That burnt undertone isn't pleasant though. I'm burning my SH Paradise candle right now and I don't detect any undertone of any kind, just a great Paradise scent and a clean burn. Paradise isn't a sweet scent though.

Bigred,

Have you experienced that burnt smell with SH fruit scents. If so, which ones, so I can stay clear of them.

Bigred,

Have you experienced that burnt smell with SH fruit scents. If so, which ones, so I can stay clear of them.

So far none of them fortunately, because SH has some really good ones! The bakery scents are a different story...

I will only order Tarrah's fruit scents from now on. [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

I added some more burning things to the mix. [smilie=th_prod_107_1676]

LR:

YC Roses of Cliff Walk jar

And in the two votive holders I have in the LR:

Illuminations Lavender votive

Illuminations Acacia votive

Bathroom - Two AMS Waterlily & Jasmine chunky votives. I only have 4 AMS chunky votives left! Whatever will I do? [smilie=th_thwhatshesaid]

ETA:

I also added my CFTKR Pink Sugared Watermelon votive in the bedroom.

I hope everyone had a good day!

I have been chasing raccoons out ot the bird feeders this evening - but, gosh, they are so cute it is hard to do!

I had planned a big melt day - but I put on LOL's Apple Peel and Lemon Zest at 8:00 am. and it is still going and pretty well covering the house.

Oh - and I meant to ask: jules - how is the Wild West scent?

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I figured better late in the day than never. [smilie=th_00000020]

I got very spoiled today, my husband made breakfast and dinner and we went out to lunch with my parents. SOOO NICE! I lit a second tealight under that little pumpkin pie slice from Spotted Hog, and it lasted the full five hours, pretty impressive. My 5 year old has picked up on how to ice the melter, so when I came in from outside I found her sticking it in the freezer. :oops: Yay! Gotta start 'em young! So she picked out Sugar Bits from LOL.. I love this one!

I hope everyone had a good day!

I have been chasing raccoons out ot the bird feeders this evening - but, gosh, they are so cute it is hard to do!

I had planned a big melt day - but I put on LOL's Apple Peel and Lemon Zest at 8:00 am. and it is still going and pretty well covering the house.

Oh - and I meant to ask: jules - how is the Wild West scent?

I like the Wild Wild West scent. It's a buttered rum. The votive has a light throw. Lil' Slice of Heaven was a similar scent from Heart of the Prairie that I thought was stronger. I am enjoying the big flower pot style votives from this vendor.

Good Morning! [smilie=th_smiley_emoticons_hurra_fruehling3]

I am remelting LOL's Jeweled Citrus Cake right now.....will change to something else in a while.

Maggie.....good to see ya! [smilie=th_00000020]

Added Carol's Orange Sherbet to my mudroom plug-in melter.....it's scenting the back of the house nicely!

Good morning. I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing Mom's Day. I'm getting ready to go walk, so not melting yet. I'll check in when I get home. Have a good morning.

Hi all! First scents of the day are:

K - Best Friends - AMS - An awesome fruit blend and a new favorite - definitely have to get more of this scent

LR - Black Linen & Amber - AMS - Another very nice scent from Christy

BR - Clementine & Daisy - An unusual scent but I'm really liking it - I'd order it again

Bathroom - Burning my Illuminations Bali Beach jar.

I'm also burning my CFTKR Summer Watermelon bowl candle in the kitchen and the remainder of the two AMS Waterlily & Jasmine votives in the bathroom.

I'm loving that bowl candle so much I may just have to burn the second one I ordered! Maybe I can send the empty bowls back to Carol to be refilled...[smilie=th_00000020]

:oops: