The software upgrade has been completed. We've lost some of our personalizations, but otherwise the forum seems to be functioning properly. If there are any problems, please contact us to let us know. (admin at candlefind dot com). 

Thanks & Merry Christmas!

Sign in to follow this  
Candlefind Placeholder

March Melting Mania

I went to change to some new scents and discovered that a lot of my 2oz tart cups from Candles by Victoria have little holes in the bottom like the wax is eating through the plastic cup so I had to melt some of them. Has this happened to anyone else?

Bigred - is the wax actually coming thru? I had quite a few AMS tarts that the 'ring' on the bottom of the cups fell out, but the wax was ok. I have had a few tarts in the past (from another vendor) eat through, tho. It was a zucchini bread scent and she used a lot of oil to make it strong. That oil must be pretty potent. :shock:

Heart - hope you feel better soon! :?

Ending the evening burning my Warm Glow Cranberry Chutney candle again. Such a pretty candle - it just glows. [smilie=snoopy]

Everyone in the path of the snow - stay safe.

:lol:

Maybe it is leaking because I have the cups stacked in a box and the ones that were melting on the bottom were stuck to the one under it. I had to pull them carefully apart but they could also be sticking together because the plastic is disintegrating on the bottom. The tarts themselves seemed fine although I have to literally peel off the tart cup from the tart because there is no way those suckers will just pop out of the cup. I emailed Victoria to let her know about it.

I have them stored in a dry dark cool place so they couldn't have melted because of heat.

I also had that problem with the AMS sampler tart cups and told Christy about it and she got a different brand of cups to use that she says are much better.

Just a handful of votives and my Bissy's gourmet sugar cookie and cinnamon red hits candle tonight. I finally got a decent melt pool from this candle. I got a great cinnamon scent but cannot smell the sugar cookie at all. Still good to the sniffer though.

Good Morning all!

In honor of the snow on the ground I decided to put on some warm cozy scents:

K - Gingerbread - AMS - Surprisingly a very nice scent - moderately strong

LR - Spiced Eggnog - AMS - This one is ok but I can't say I really like it - light scent throw

BR - Holiday Scentsations - AMS - This is one strong bayberry/evergreen blend but very nice

Also burning my Colonial small 2 wick jar of Gold Frankincense & Myrrh in the bath.

Drive safely everyone! The roads are pretty icy here.

Good Morning!

It is a winter wonderland outside here today! We have several inches of snow already.... and anticipating several more inches. We could see well over a foot of snow before it is all done!

As soon as the melter is cleaned out I will be melting Cafe in Paris from HOT.

Keep safe everyone.... I know this snow storm is blanketing a large section of the country.

We didn't get any snow, but we are on a two hour delay for school this morning. Katz, I don't know whether Gaffney got any or not...they actually had this forecast all messed up.

First melts of the day are:

Tuscadero's all hallow's eve

EE zombie

EE angelic sleep

Just checking in to say hey. Everyone be careful with the snow and messy roads. Heart I hope you feel better soon. [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] I getting ready to go walk, so I will be melting after I get back. Everyone have a safe day.

Not snowing here today (for once!) but wind chills below 0.

Stay warm in the snow everyone. Not melting yet here. We have chess club si I may wait until this afternoon. Have a great Monday morning!

Hi Everyone!

We have about 6-7 inches of snow out there and more on the way.

Melting MTT Downy Lavendar Vanilla.

Stay safe in the snow everyone!

Hey everyone, we have about a foot of snow right now, with a little more to come. Schools closed, no work today, so I'm in for the day!

Right now I'm finishing up EW Pillows & Jewels, a lovely orangey vanilla scent.

Good morning! They are showing the big snow storm on the news this a.m. and it looks pretty bad.Everyone in it's way ...stay safe.For once,we did not get any of the white stuff,just very cold temps.

This morning I'm melting-

CFTKr's Southern Confections

CFTKR's Hot Apple Pie

Almost Country's Mulled Cider [smilie=th_f5a39fcb]

Ok I didn't like the eggnog scent and the Christmas Scentsations kind of died out so I'm now melting:

K - still the same one and I really like the Gingerbread scent from AMS!

LR - Amish Quilt - LOL - This is a really good scent - reminds me of Celtic Moonspice - moderately strong

BR - Frosty Cranberry Wreath - LOL - WOW this scent is AWESOME and very strong! Definitely need more of this one, especially for Christmas

I got my CFTKR and Can-Do orders so far today and those Rose Garden rosebud shaped tarts are really cool and from the cold sniff I have a feeling it's going to be a great rose scent. All my new scents from Can-Do smell great too! I'm going to have to start a new stash spot today (yes, I've moved into the multiple stash phase! [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] ) once my UPS orders get here because nothing else is going to fit in the cabinet where I currently have my tarts stored. :(

It is a small cabinet though.

I also just now got an email from Spotted Hog telling me that I won THEIR Feb contest and I will receive their Spotted Hog Custom blends tart sampler pack of 28 different sample sized tarts!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO Jackpot!!!!!!! That's two contests that I've won now in a week - weird [smilie=th_c54] - are the planets all aligned or something??

Ok I didn't like the eggnog scent and the Christmas Scentsations kind of died out so I'm now melting:

K - still the same one and I really like the Gingerbread scent from AMS!

LR - Amish Quilt - LOL - This is a really good scent - reminds me of Celtic Moonspice - moderately strong

BR - Frosty Cranberry Wreath - LOL - WOW this scent is AWESOME and very strong! Definitely need more of this one, especially for Christmas

I got my CFTKR and Can-Do orders so far today and those Rose Garden rosebud shaped tarts are really cool and from the cold sniff I have a feeling it's going to be a great rose scent. All my new scents from Can-Do smell great too! I'm going to have to start a new stash spot today (yes, I've moved into the multiple stash phase! [smilie=th_c54] ) once my UPS orders get here because nothing else is going to fit in the cabinet where I currently have my tarts stored. :oops:

It is a small cabinet though.

I also just now got an email from Spotted Hog telling me that I won THEIR Feb contest and I will receive their Spotted Hog Custom blends tart sampler pack of 28 different sample sized tarts!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO Jackpot!!!!!!! That's two contests that I've won now in a week - weird :( - are the planets all aligned or something??

[smilie=th_f5a39fcb] That is great!! So I am thinking about breaking my lockdown status to get in on the GHBT sale, would it be worth it? I have tarts stashed everywhere, but I have been going through them much quicker. Plus my husband keeps poo pooing a bunch of my bakery scents, so I have to get rid of them much faster than I would like. That explains my preference for popp tarts and other tarts that come in containers, they allow me to reuse.

I burned Dole Whip from LOL last night and it was WONDERFUL, I need MORE, MORE, MORE! This morning at school I have AMS Acai Berry and I really like it too. It is almost a little grape-y, in a good way.

To be honest Darling I would wait for another company to have a sale. I only really liked 7 scents out of the 36 different scents I've tried and that's not good. If you do decide to order then do a small order and let them cure for at least 2 weeks before melting them.

I like AMS Acai Berry too.

Congratulations, bigred! I love Spotted Hog's melts. The only dud I had out of about 30 was Rice Krispy Treats and I think it's just not a very strong scent, anyway. Enjoy your goodies!

I hope everyone in the middle of the snow storm stays safe!

This morning I am melting Tahitian Vanilla from Mookie Doodle.

Snap diggity!! [smilie=th_c54] I thought you had said this about her stuff before. I was thinking 30 tarts for 13 bucks was worth a shot, but if they are all crappy then I guess not. Just another 20 bucks for LOL then.... [smilie=th_f5a39fcb] Thank you!

darling1-Isn't your birthday soon? you need to get Jules your info through the birthday thread.

Thank Katz! My birthday is on Wednesday, but I think Jules has it. There was a pretty great joke about it on the lockdown thread about March 9th. Check it out, I laughed for ages.

Today I've got Olive Blossom going from AMS. Great scent!

Darlin......I want to take advantage of GHBT sale. I really like a lot of her scents. Some are very strong that I've tried. Cracklin Birch, Celtic Moonspice, Doodle Bug, Clean and Fresh....there's many more! You could give her a try for that price!

Today I've got Olive Blossom going from AMS. Great scent!

Darlin......I want to take advantage of GHBT sale. I really like a lot of her scents. Some are very strong that I've tried. Cracklin Birch, Celtic Moonspice, Doodle Bug, Clean and Fresh....there's many more! You could give her a try for that price!

Hey...have you tried

Bermuda Triangle, Best friends, Breakfast with Grandma, Let there be peace, Torrential Rain, or Strawberry Rhubarb Pie? These were on my list. I am bouncing back and forth... [smilie=th_sHellobar] I should say no, but I want to say yes. I am such a sucker for a deal.